PDA

View Full Version : My first 'white' Christmas...

sack316
12-26-2010, 09:32 PM
Well... my northern friends laugh at us for this, but it was cool... as for the first time in my 31 years I got to see snow on Christmas Day! We got some more today too! Of course, none of it stuck, so we didn't actually get our white rooftops of ground cover or anything. But it was still a first for me!

We'll be back to the 60's and 70's by the end of the week too lol. Guess the saying is true "if you don't like the weather in Alabama, just hang around a few more days" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Also was very blessed and spoiled with a wonderful Christmas with my family. As exhausting as the holidays can be to our bodies and mental state, it becomes equally as rejuvenating to our spirit. I couldn't ask for anything more this Christmas, other than maybe some helping hands to go through my living room full of goodies I've got to organize now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Hope everyone else had a great Christmas!

Sack

LWW
12-27-2010, 03:37 AM
Merry Christmas ... you can come and take mine home with you if you like.

LWW

pooltchr
12-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Sack,
I didn't know it got that far south. We ended up with about 4 or 5 inches. It started Christmas day afternoon and didn't quit until Sunday morning. My golden collie wasn't too sure about it, but my lab just goes running and sliding all over the back yard.

Glad you had such a great holiday. Ours was pretty quiet as we only had one kid home this year, and he didn't make it until late Christmas day. We did make it to a candlelight service Friday night that was great.

Now, it's time to get ready for the new year. The best is yet to come!

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Thought about you when I heard it was snowing there. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

sack316
12-28-2010, 12:01 PM
awww thanks Gayle. You guys would laugh at us seeing how we react to snow and what we consider cold weather down here. Basically a snowflake or two equals instant holiday! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-28-2010, 12:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">awww thanks Gayle. You guys would laugh at us seeing how we react to snow and what we consider cold weather down here. Basically a snowflake or two equals instant holiday! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack </div></div>

I can dig it, Sack. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

For someone like me, snow falling is cause for an immediate celebration!

At night, my flood lights reveal a beautiful winter wonderland from my windows, and the creek, looks like a Christmas card.

All of my friends in Florida, are saying they're freezing!

Glad you enjoyed your flakes. I love the snow, until it starts to look dirty....then I begin to hope for rain, lol.

It's going to get warmer here, so I expect all of the snow will be gone, by New Years Day, or before.

I think we'll have several more snow falls, though...still to come.

I just worry about the poor manatees, in florida, so many were lost last winter, and they seem such sweet animals, to me. There is something about their eyes.

G.

Deeman3
12-28-2010, 02:10 PM
It did not make it this far south. If it does, I'll move another 100 miles south, to Florida!

I have had enough snow to last two lifetimes. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
12-28-2010, 03:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I can dig it, Sack. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

For someone like me, snow falling is cause for an immediate celebration!

At night, my flood lights reveal a beautiful winter wonderland from my windows, and the creek, looks like a Christmas card.

All of my friends in Florida, are saying they're freezing!

Glad you enjoyed your flakes. I love the snow, until it starts to look dirty....then I begin to hope for rain, lol.

It's going to get warmer here, so I expect all of the snow will be gone, by New Years Day, or before.

I think we'll have several more snow falls, though...still to come.

I just worry about the poor manatees, in florida, so many were lost last winter, and they seem such sweet animals, to me. There is something about their eyes.

G. </div></div>

Yep, it's a rare thing for us here. We'll be back in the 70's come Friday /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I like Manatees too. One of those creatures that are so ugly they are cute /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Seen a few up close, very sweet things.

Sack

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm all for this global warming coming back.

LWW