PDA

View Full Version : Has peace on Earth, or on this forum, arrived?

LWW
12-27-2010, 03:49 AM
It seemed to start to turn when Woofie went to that great bridge in the sky to post ... and gained momentum when the last bluff of lawsuits and calls to the NSA were again seen for what they were ... and since 17 December, 2010 the place has been down right hospitable.

Differences of opinion have been discussed peacefully and rational arguments presented from various POV's.

Here's hoping this can continue into 2011, and all members shall be able to articulate their thoughts openly.

LWW

pooltchr
12-27-2010, 07:19 AM
It has been quite civil recently. Let's hope it can continue.

Steve

hondo
12-27-2010, 08:09 PM
12/27/10

All day- 17 total posts

LWW-5
Jennings-4
Dee-3
Eg-1
Sack-1
CC-1
Stretch-1
Chop-1

Yes, Lww, I would say that you have achieved peace
on this forum. Beyond peaceful, I'd say.
You must be very proud.

And my guess, Steve, is that this trend will continue. Enjoy.

hondo
12-27-2010, 08:13 PM
P.S. Four new threads started.
3 by lww
1 by Steve.

Downright peaceful.

cushioncrawler
12-27-2010, 11:16 PM
I didnt post koz i woz driving throo Bagdad and Jericho today.
U hav never seen so many (legal) poppys az here in Tazzy -- and a big (legal) opium faktry.
mac.

LWW
12-28-2010, 03:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has been quite civil recently. Let's hope it can continue.

Steve </div></div>

Notice that we now have someone bemoaning that they have been made the victim of the forum's civility.

LWW

pooltchr
12-28-2010, 07:49 AM
I see you still haven't been able to find something positive to put in your signature line. Or, perhaps, that never was your true intention?

Steve

hondo
12-28-2010, 07:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didnt post koz i woz driving throo Bagdad and Jericho today.
U hav never seen so many (legal) poppys az here in Tazzy -- and a big (legal) opium faktry.
mac. </div></div>

Actually, you posted once.

Sev
12-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Love is in the air.

AZ just received a small blessing.

Sheldon Lebow is banned for a week. http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/happy.gif

Of course Slide and BobRoberts bravely sacrificed themselves as well.

Kudos's boys!!

pooltchr
12-28-2010, 08:04 AM
One leftie and two righties banned by Wilson??

The sky is falling....the sky is falling!!!!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I guess that kills the arguement that the mod is biased toward the right.

Steve

hondo
12-28-2010, 08:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One leftie and two righties banned by Wilson??

The sky is falling....the sky is falling!!!!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I guess that kills the arguement that the mod is biased toward the right.

Steve </div></div>

Absolutely! Seven days! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
12-28-2010, 08:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love is in the air.

AZ just received a small blessing.

Sheldon Lebow is banned for a week. http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/happy.gif

Of course Slide and BobRoberts bravely sacrificed themselves as well.

Kudos's boys!! </div></div>

And Hondo and Hippie and Wolfie only got a year.
Just doesn't seem fair to roberts and slide rule.
And you and punter and yugo got what? I can't seem to remember.

hondo
12-28-2010, 08:16 AM
OOPS! Just remembered this:

"However exhibiting sarcasm will do nothing to open the minds of others to the possibilities that your personal enlightenment holds. Quite the opposite."

Sev

You are my inspiration, Sev. I just suffererd a momentary lapse
in those two posts.

Chopstick
12-28-2010, 10:22 AM
I knew it would not last. Anyone else notice the level of negativity pop right back to where it was?

pooltchr
12-28-2010, 10:54 AM
And here I thought H's post about considering changing his signature to something more positive was an indicator that maybe there was hope. And then the lost wanderer returns to her old form, and the negativity level goes right back up.

And they wonder why so few people want to spend any time here.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

Deeman3
12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew it would not last. Anyone else notice the level of negativity pop right back to where it was? </div></div>

Yep!

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew it would not last. Anyone else notice the level of negativity pop right back to where it was? </div></div>

I pegged the start of civility at 17 December ... do you know why?

LWW

Sev
12-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Hippie got caught using 2 different alias's.

Sev
12-28-2010, 08:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OOPS! Just remembered this:

"However exhibiting sarcasm will do nothing to open the minds of others to the possibilities that your personal enlightenment holds. Quite the opposite."

Sev

in those two posts. </div></div>

The post was made in attempt to help Deadpoked see that if he wishes to change minds in a spirited debate that the path is was taking will do nothing to further his case.

I would think that the body of the post was`more important than that particular line.

hondo
12-28-2010, 09:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hippie got caught using 2 different alias's. </div></div>

lww has done it at least twice on here.
Why the double standard?

hondo
12-28-2010, 09:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OOPS! Just remembered this:

Sev

The post was made in attempt to help Deadpoked see that if he wishes to change minds in a spirited debate that the path is was taking will do nothing to further his case.

I would think that the body of the post was`more important than that particular line. </div></div>

That line was classic coming from you. Sorry. I just couldn't ignore it.

hondo
12-28-2010, 09:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew it would not last. Anyone else notice the level of negativity pop right back to where it was? </div></div>

Yep! </div></div>

Sorry. I guess honesty sucks.
Those two bragging about how civil it is now made me want to puke. Couldn't help myself.

Qtec
12-29-2010, 01:43 AM
What it says is,

1 Lefty = 2 Righties.

Q........LOL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
12-29-2010, 03:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hippie got caught using 2 different alias's. </div></div>

And that is something that one member has constantly accused others of doing.

LWW

LWW
12-29-2010, 03:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And here I thought H's post about considering changing his signature to something more positive was an indicator that maybe there was hope. And then the lost wanderer returns to her old form, and the negativity level goes right back up.

And they wonder why so few people want to spend any time here.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve </div></div>

Have you noticed that we have one member who used to parade around the forum counting my posts whilst wailing and gnashing their teeth about the accumulated number ... and now that I routinely give them an updated count, saving them much time I'd assume, that same member is wailing and gnashing their teeth about how uncivil my assistance to them is?

LWW

LWW
12-29-2010, 03:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What it says is,

1 Lefty = 2 Righties.

Q........LOL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Well ... old sawdust was troll at least equivalent to our big three of leftist trolls, so shame on the two righties for falling into the gutter with troll.

I also agree with one of our resident hypocrites ... sawdust should have received at least a year banishment IMHO.

LWW

Sev
12-29-2010, 08:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OOPS! Just remembered this:

Sev

I would think that the body of the post was`more important than that particular line. </div></div>

That line was classic coming from you. Sorry. I just couldn't ignore it. </div></div>

When trying to made a salient point when have a serious discussion and exchange of ideas the statement is true.

Now if you are not involved in such with people who have no intention in having a discussion then it doesn't much matter now does it Hondo?

hondo
12-29-2010, 08:21 AM
I thought you had a good post, but, surely, you understand
why Sheldon, and I cracked up when we read that line?
Memikey tried to explain it to you.

That one hypocritical line from you almost negated what was otherwise a fine post.
We all know you, Sev. Your sarcasm has been vicious on these forums.

I'm just trying to be honest with you. Sorry if you don't want to hear it.

pooltchr
12-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Hey Sev.
When someone willingly aligns with the likes of Memikey and Sheldon, you gotta know they are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.

Steve

LWW
12-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Memikey is generally an OK guy ... but he loves to play Devil's advocate to keep the pot stirred. That and he will often condemn Islamofascism just before he makes excuses for them.

LWW

pooltchr
12-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I suspect that somewhere deep down inside, H is an ok guy too....just easily misled.

Of course, the same could be said about most libs.

Steve

Sev
12-29-2010, 05:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought you had a good post, but, surely, you understand
why Sheldon, and I cracked up when we read that line?
Memikey tried to explain it to you.

That one hypocritical line from you almost negated what was otherwise a fine post.
We all know you, Sev. Your sarcasm has been vicious on these forums.

I'm just trying to be honest with you. Sorry if you don't want to hear it.
</div></div>

My sarcasm has been earned on this forum.

Sheldon is a Jackwad who's only point is to incite people he disagrees with. One of the differences between you and him is that you choose to engage in a conversation.

While I may bust your balls on occasion I defend you more often than not.

LWW
12-30-2010, 04:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suspect that somewhere deep down inside, H is an ok guy too....just easily misled.

Of course, the same could be said about most libs.

Steve </div></div>

I used to think that.

LWW

Qtec
12-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaawwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.................that was me throwing up.

Miss Goody Two Shoes.

Q

hondo
12-30-2010, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Waaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaawwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.................that was me throwing up.

Miss Goody Two Shoes.

Q </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
01-02-2011, 06:23 AM
It appears that the hypothesis of peace breaking out on this form has been thoroughly refudiated.

LWW

Sev
01-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Give it time.

There will be bannings.

LWW
01-02-2011, 04:58 PM
You must be linked in directly with MAJIC-12.

LWW