PDA

View Full Version : Need Help- Billiard Art

PoolFool
09-05-2002, 09:23 AM
Somewhere on the net I found a poster named Rebel End. It is a bright colored painting of a pool table with a white haired man playing. The setting is hills all aroung the table with cars parked on the hills with their lights shinning down on the table. It is the background on my desktop but I don't have it saved any place else. If any one can tell me where to find it or how to save my background to a retreivable file I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

PoolFool

Rod
09-05-2002, 09:44 AM
Well here is an Idea. Right click an empty area of your desktop/customize my desktop/screen saver. See what the name is and use the search for files and folders. It should find the picture your looking for. Then you can make a short cut or copy to your pictures or where ever you choose. Is it a still picture?

heater451
09-05-2002, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Well here is an Idea. Right click an empty area of your desktop/customize my desktop/screen saver. See what the name is and use the search for files and folders. It should find the picture your looking for. Then you can make a short cut or copy to your pictures or where ever you choose. Is it a still picture? <hr></blockquote>There should be a "Background" tab, on the "Settings" dialog box (right-click on the desktop&gt;&gt;Properties). The file should be in your C:/Windows directory (or wherever you've got Windows installed). It should be a bitmap (.BMP)

Fred Agnir
09-05-2002, 10:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PoolFool:</font><hr> Somewhere on the net I found a poster named Rebel End. It is a bright colored painting of a pool table with a white haired man playing. The setting is hills all aroung the table with cars parked on the hills with their lights shinning down on the table. It is the background on my desktop but I don't have it saved any place else. If any one can tell me where to find it or how to save my background to a retreivable file I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

PoolFool <hr></blockquote>

The Rebel End is from Ride the Nine Designs, FYI.

Fred

Rod
09-05-2002, 10:19 AM
Heater, I thought you would be around for a better explanation or a quicker way. My background pictures has both .bmp and .jpg photos.

Fred Agnir
09-05-2002, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Well here is an Idea. Right click an empty area of your desktop/customize my desktop/screen saver. See what the name is and use the search for files and folders. It should find the picture your looking for. Then you can make a short cut or copy to your pictures or where ever you choose. Is it a still picture? <hr></blockquote>

This is right. Usually, if you do the "save picture as background" off of the internet, it gets saved as a bitmap file and placed in the Windows directory where all the other background picture files are located.

Fred

9 Ball Girl
09-05-2002, 10:52 AM
1. Your picture is from Ride the 9 Designs.
2. I'm guessing that when you came across this picture on the internet, you probably right clicked and chose "set as wallpaper". If that's what you did, then it should be located in your C: drive with the name Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp. I don't know which O/S you're using, just do a find for that name. Hope this helps!

Wendy~~Federal Government Information Technologist /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

PoolFool
09-05-2002, 09:51 PM
Thanks to all that responded. I tried 9 Ball Girl's method first and it worked like a charm. I've got it saved in Documents, Briefcase, and on a disc. Thanks again.

PoolFool