PDA

View Full Version : "refudiate."...LOL

Qtec
12-28-2010, 12:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sarah Palin Attempts To Explain 'Refudiate' Gaffe

Amid the familial banter that took place on Sunday's episode of "Sarah Palin's Alaska," the former Alaska Governor went beyond criticism of conservationists to explain the much ridiculed genesis of her faux-word, "refudiate."

Politico reports on the exchange, which briefly touched on a tweet from July -- since deleted -- concerning plans to build an Islamic cultural center near the site of Ground Zero:

"<span style='font-size: 17pt'>I pressed an F instead of a P and people freaked out,</span>" said Sarah, pointing out that her blunder was the second-most-searched word on Google trends. "Make lemonade out of lemons," said Sarah.

The original Twitter dispatch read: "Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate."

Many at the time believed the fabrication was a misguided splicing of the words "repudiate" and "refute." At any rate, the made-up word went viral and has since been named "Word of the Year" by The New Oxford American Dictionary

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>The Washington Post points out "that the 'F' and 'P' keys on a QWERTY keyboard are not near each other."</span>

Others have also begun to question Palin's explanation of the mistake, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>pointing to this video of the former governor using "refudiate" during an appearance on Fox News before the Twitter gaffe.</span>

WATCH (comments at the 2:30 mark):</div></div>

watch (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/27/sarah-palin-refudiate-typo_n_801701.html)

What an ego! She said the word on live TV, then she makes the same mistake on Twitter and now she claims she hit the wrong key..........like the f and the p are next to each other.
Obviously she prefers to lie about it instead of admitting her mistake.

Q...she also obviously doesn't know how to work spell check. Pretty bad for someone who has a, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism </div></div> LOL

cushioncrawler
12-28-2010, 01:38 AM
Puck me dead.
mac.

sack316
12-28-2010, 02:03 AM
fointless thread /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Qtec
12-28-2010, 02:13 AM
limk....LOL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E)

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
12-28-2010, 03:42 AM
What fuels such hatred?

LWW

Chopstick
12-28-2010, 07:27 AM
<span style="color: #000099">That whole shakespalin thing was pretty funny. She's a goof but I still like her. I like Joe Biden too.</span>

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/h/q/3/shakes-palin.jpg

<span style="color: #000099">Now when someone stands up and says something stupid like "You have to pass the bill to see what's inside." I don't think that is one bit funny at all.</span>

Qtec
12-28-2010, 07:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #000099">Now when someone stands up and says something stupid like "You have to pass the bill to see what's inside." I don't think that is one bit funny at all.</span> </div></div>

It helps if you quote the WHOLE sentence.

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, <u>away from the fog of the controversy.</u></div></div>

ie.... there are no death panels, no Government takeover, no socialized healthcare etc etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's a goof but I still like her. </div></div>

She can't complain. She gets ridiculed but she is raking in the cash. You can't have everything.

Q

eg8r
12-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Have you ever spelled something wrong here on the forum? Spell check is available...

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-28-2010, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #000099">Now when someone stands up and says something stupid like "You have to pass the bill to see what's inside." I don't think that is one bit funny at all.</span> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, <u>away from the fog of the controversy.</u></div></div>

ie.... there are no death panels, no Government takeover, no socialized healthcare etc etc.

<span style="color: #990000">Excellent response. </span>

<span style="color: #990000">Yet the right continues to spread these lies, over and over again. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's a goof but I still like her. </div></div>

She can't complain. She gets ridiculed but she is raking in the cash. You can't have everything.

Q

<span style="color: #990000">The only reason why she gets ridiculed is because she is so obviously fake, an opportunist, with no business even being in charge of raising kids, let alone running a government office of any kind, even as mayor, she made a huge mess of it. Ran up colossal debts, on that sports center, then walked away blaming the other guys.

She and McCain, were actually hilarious. Dumb and dumber.

Palin, is just another Republican who should be in jail, in her case, for abusing her power, as Governor.

It's a Republican thingie. </span>

</div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

pooltchr
12-28-2010, 10:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

You can try to spin it any way you like...but the fact is this is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever heard come out of Washington.....a city KNOWN FOR IGNORANT COMMENTS!!

Steve

Sid_Vicious
12-28-2010, 06:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sarah Palin Attempts To Explain 'Refudiate' Gaffe

Amid the familial banter that took place on Sunday's episode of "Sarah Palin's Alaska," the former Alaska Governor went beyond criticism of conservationists to explain the much ridiculed genesis of her faux-word, "refudiate."

Politico reports on the exchange, which briefly touched on a tweet from July -- since deleted -- concerning plans to build an Islamic cultural center near the site of Ground Zero:

"<span style='font-size: 17pt'>I pressed an F instead of a P and people freaked out,</span>" said Sarah, pointing out that her blunder was the second-most-searched word on Google trends. "Make lemonade out of lemons," said Sarah.

The original Twitter dispatch read: "Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate."

Many at the time believed the fabrication was a misguided splicing of the words "repudiate" and "refute." At any rate, the made-up word went viral and has since been named "Word of the Year" by The New Oxford American Dictionary

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>The Washington Post points out "that the 'F' and 'P' keys on a QWERTY keyboard are not near each other."</span>

Others have also begun to question Palin's explanation of the mistake, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>pointing to this video of the former governor using "refudiate" during an appearance on Fox News before the Twitter gaffe.</span>

WATCH (comments at the 2:30 mark):</div></div>

watch (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/27/sarah-palin-refudiate-typo_n_801701.html)

What an ego! She said the word on live TV, then she makes the same mistake on Twitter and now she claims she hit the wrong key..........like the f and the p are next to each other.
Obviously she prefers to lie about it instead of admitting her mistake.

Q...she also obviously doesn't know how to work spell check. Pretty bad for someone who has a, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism </div></div> LOL</div></div>

Not only can she not use spell check, she must also not have any reading and tonal association abilities. If I read something I'd written,,,like practicing for an upcoming SPEECH, even my old 58 year old brain hears a blundered word. The F and P keys are way apart too, so coupled with the failure for the twit to personally hear that the word repudiate was wrong, plus the physical separation of the two letters on the keyboard,,,her trying to say she hit the wrong key by accident just tells us she is pretty damn ignorant overall. If she is that ignorant, what's that make the nutty folks casually supporting her? Bush was the king of dumbness though, so I assume she kept some of his old base. The rest of the developed world must really laugh at this country over it's "Larry Moe Curly" Republicans. sid

Gayle in MD
12-28-2010, 07:10 PM
No doubt, you're quite right on that one, friend.

And many right here in the United States, as well.

G.

pooltchr
12-28-2010, 09:06 PM
And yet, you seem to have no problem with your highly educated president not knowing the difference between advice and advise...or how many states there are in the US.

Don't you think a highly educated former editor of the Harvard law review should at least be held to the same standards you are setting for the former Governor of Alaska??

Steve

sack316
12-29-2010, 12:19 AM
let us not forget corpse-men

Sack

Qtec
12-29-2010, 12:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And yet, you seem to have no problem with your highly educated president not knowing the difference between advice and advise...or how many states there are in the US.

Don't you think a highly educated former editor of the Harvard law review should at least be held to the same standards you are setting for the former Governor of Alaska??

Steve </div></div>

There is a <span style='font-size: 14pt'>big difference</span> between <u>misspelling a word </u><span style='font-size: 17pt'>and making one up!</span>

Advise and advice are REAL words, refudiate is not.

The main point is, as I said in my original post is that<span style='font-size: 20pt'> Palin CONTINUES to LIE about her mistake! </span>

She calls herself a Christian, one who is very religious but everytime she opens her mouth she lies or shows how ignorant she is.

Get it now?

Q

LWW
12-29-2010, 02:57 AM
What's funny is that you see refusing to fess up on this as an unforgivable sin ... yet dear leader and the democrooks refuse to admit that the trillion dollar deficit was a waste and you give them a pass. Dear leader and the democrooks refuse to admit that Obamacare is raising health care costs and you give them a pass.

Now, tell me again about how fair and fact based you are.

That one's a hoot.

LWW

Qtec
12-29-2010, 05:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's funny is that you see refusing to fess up on this as an unforgivable sin ... </div></div>

No I don't, Palin does!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Before we point our finger at another for being a liar that we feel God needs to deal with, let us examine our own lives to see if we are infected with the same disease. What kind of witness are we to those around us? Are we deceived and have we become liars ourselves? Let us first give a definition as to what a lie is according to Webster’s dictionary:

1.) To make a statement that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>one knows is false</span>, especially with the intent to deceive.
2.) To give a false impression or action or false statement, especially with the intent to deceive.
3.)To make a false statement in order to evade the truth.
4.)The invention of a false story or excuse in order to deceive.
</div></div>

This is the poster girl for the TP, a potential Pres candidate. [ LMAO ] Lets not forget that.

Take ANY interview she has EVER done and it will be filled with lies and misleading statements.

Q

LWW
12-29-2010, 05:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's funny is that you see refusing to fess up on this as an unforgivable sin ... </div></div>

No I don't, Palin does!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Before we point our finger at another for being a liar that we feel God needs to deal with, let us examine our own lives to see if we are infected with the same disease. What kind of witness are we to those around us? Are we deceived and have we become liars ourselves? Let us first give a definition as to what a lie is according to Webster’s dictionary:

1.) To make a statement that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>one knows is false</span>, especially with the intent to deceive.
2.) To give a false impression or action or false statement, especially with the intent to deceive.
3.)To make a false statement in order to evade the truth.
4.)The invention of a false story or excuse in order to deceive.
</div></div>

This is the poster girl for the TP, a potential Pres candidate. [ LMAO ] Lets not forget that.

Take ANY interview she has EVER done and it will be filled with lies and misleading statements.

Q

</div></div>

Actually she isn't.

That being said, Pelosi and Obama were certainly the poster children for the left ... promising hope and change and a solution to 5% unemployment and no new debt and transparency and integrity.

Now ... they were either liars when they said these things or were total idiots. Beyond that they either knew the far left would swallow it whole because they were bots.

Yet, you give one a pass for something of substantial substance while you wail and gnash your teeth over something of zero actual substance.

And your point was ... other than you blindly hate because you are told to do so by the party ... what?

LWW

Qtec
12-29-2010, 05:57 AM
I say Palin, you say Obama. I say Bush, you say Clinton.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That being said, Pelosi and Obama were certainly the poster children for the left ... promising hope and change and a solution to 5% unemployment and no new debt and transparency and integrity. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>When did they say that?</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Was that BEFORE GW Bush announced that the country would HAVE to BAIL out the Banks or face a depression greater than THE Great Depression in 1929?

</span>

The credit crisis that cost so many jobs started when BUSH was Pres, not Obama so don't give me any of that crap about a Dem majority. By the time the Dems took over the damage was already done. It was a time bomb waiting to explode and they set it off themselves as soon as it was clear that Obama would be Pres.

Q............facts matter.

LWW
12-29-2010, 06:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>When did they say that?</span>

Q............facts matter. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you my colleagues, thank you leader [John] Boehner [Representative -- Ohio]:

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I accept this gavel in the spirit of partnership, not partisanship, and I look forward to working with you Mr Boehner and the Republicans in the Congress on behalf of the American people.</span> After giving away this gavel in the last two Congress', I'm glad someone else had the honour today. ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Each of us brings to this new Congress our shared values, our commitment to the Constitution</span> ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>The election of 2006 was a call to change -- not merely to change the control of Congress, but for a new direction for our country. </span> ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>A new America with a vibrant and strengthened middle class for whom college is affordable, health care is accessible, and retirement reliable. A new America that declares our energy independence</span> ...

<span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 26pt'>And the American people told us they expected us to work together for fiscal responsibility, with the highest ethical standards and with civility and bipartisanship. After years of historic deficits, this 110th Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: pay as you go, no new deficit spending. Our new America will provide unlimited opportunity for future generations, not burden them with mountains of debt. </span></span>

In order to achieve our new America for the 21st Century, we must return this House to the American people.<span style='font-size: 11pt'> So our first order of business is passing the toughest congressional ethics reform in history.</span> ...

Nancy Pelosi </div></div>

When will you learn snoopy ... when will you learn? (http://www.intentblog.com/archives/2007/01/nancy_pelosi_fi.html)

Now ... explain to me why the facts matter when the party tells you the facts matter and how the facts don't matter when the party tells you the facts don't matter.

LWW

LWW
12-29-2010, 06:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Was that BEFORE GW Bush announced that the country would HAVE to BAIL out the Banks or face a depression greater than THE Great Depression in 1929?

</span>

The credit crisis that cost so many jobs started when BUSH was Pres, not Obama so don't give me any of that crap about a Dem majority. By the time the Dems took over the damage was already done. It was a time bomb waiting to explode and they set it off themselves as soon as it was clear that Obama would be Pres.

Q............facts matter. </div></div>

Everybody get their cameras ready ... this is how you send a leftist into full doublethink mode.

If your boiler plate claims are true, please explain the following:

1 - The melt down didn't occur when Bush and the R's had control of congress.

2 - Why didn't the democrooks stop it from happening?

3 - If it was all the R's fault, why did the financial houses involved spend such massive amounts of money getting Obama/Frank/Dodd elected?

4 - Why did the Obama regime hire the people from Wall Street that you blame?

LWW

Qtec
12-29-2010, 06:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pelosi was nominated to be the Speaker of the House and was elected to the position and took office on <span style='font-size: 26pt'>January 4, 2007. </span></div></div>

You are a doozy. Just like Palin you can't accept truth when it goes against your opinion.

How sad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did they say that?

Was that <span style='font-size: 26pt'>BEFORE GW Bush announced that the country would HAVE to BAIL out the Banks</span> or face a depression greater than THE Great Depression in 1929? </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #CC0000">I guess BEFORE is the answer.</span></span>

Q

LWW
12-29-2010, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pelosi was nominated to be the Speaker of the House and was elected to the position and took office on <span style='font-size: 26pt'>January 4, 2007. </span></div></div>

You are a doozy. Just like Palin you can't accept truth when it goes against your opinion.

How sad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did they say that?

Was that <span style='font-size: 26pt'>BEFORE GW Bush announced that the country would HAVE to BAIL out the Banks</span> or face a depression greater than THE Great Depression in 1929? </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #CC0000">I guess BEFORE is the answer.</span></span>

Q </div></div>

Why are you ducking the questions snoopy?

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-29-2010, 10:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pelosi was nominated to be the Speaker of the House and was elected to the position and took office on <span style='font-size: 26pt'>January 4, 2007. </span></div></div>

How sad.

Q </div></div>

Yes, before is the answer. But, righties refuse to acknowledge facts.

funniest thing I've ever seen is the right, on this forum, several months after Obama took office, bitching and whining because Bush's legacy of massive economic failures, based on warring, cutting taxes, spending money, and borrowing to pay for all of it, hadn't beenn turned around!

LMAO!

Unbelievable. No wonder they prefer changing the subject, over and over, to adddressing facts.

No death Panels. No socialism. Massive proof that Obama is a citizen. No more torture. No more appointing crooks in oversight possitions, who are lobbyists against the very positions they were appointed to oversee.

I see plenty enough CHNAGE, from the Bush crooks, to satisfy me, and I was never stupid enough to think Bush's massive destruction of everything in this country, could be turned around in just four years.

The CBO states, quite clearly,m millions of jobs were either saved and/o0r created, by the stimulus.

Yet, they continue to write on here that no jobs were created.

More RW lies! the sheep just can't get enough of it.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

LWW
12-29-2010, 04:06 PM
What does "BEFORE" have to do with anything?

If it wasn't ruined when he had a congress of the same party, how did it get ruined after the opposition party took control of congress.

I know it's hard for you ... but I'd really like to hear you explain how you rationalize this fantasy of yours in your own words. That means without Gee of another agitprop explaining your opinion to you.

I've answered all your questions ... why do you run under the couch like a scared poodle whenever you are asked something that the party hasn't spoon fed you your opinion on?

LWW