PDA

View Full Version : Refudiate this ...

LWW
12-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Where the far left loses me is their blatant use of double standards.

Although using the word "REFUDIATE" does nothing to improve the intellectual reputation of Sarah Palin ... the same folks who get their shorts all in a knot over it seem to never, not even <u><span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 17pt'>ONCE</span></span></u> face the fact that dear leader has been presented as a highly educated man of integrity.

Reality tells a different story:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">April 21, 2009: After receiving a heart-felt letter from Michael Powers, who criticized the president for his smoking habit, Obama hand-writes a response, "Michael -- Thanks so much for the wonderful letter, and the good <span style='font-size: 11pt'>advise</span> ... "</div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was barely mentioned in the mainstream media, but on July 20, 2009, President Obama, hoping to rally the American public to his cause, offers an interesting speech about his health care reform plan. Call it a little beam of honesty in an otherwise shady speech: "The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and <span style='font-size: 11pt'>inefficiencies</span> to our health care system and greater stability and security to America's families and businesses."</div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a July 29, 2009 interview with BusinessWeek, Obama says, "I haven't signed a bill that's raised taxes yet." He has. On Feb. 4, 2009, he signed legislation hiking the federal cigarette tax 62 cents to expand the State Children's Health Insurance Program. </div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">April 22, 2009: Obama flies to and from Iowa, making two trips on Air Force One and four trips on Marine One, burning at least 9,000 gallons of fuel on the 895-mile cross-country excursion. The president makes the trip so he can plant a single tree and deliver a speech on the importance of using alternative energy. </div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jan. 20 to July 20, 2009: Whether it's brief introductory remarks or drawn-out policy speeches, Obama doesn't go anywhere without his TelePrompter. On several occasions, his reliance on it results in some embarrassing moments, such as April 27, 2009, when, speaking to scientists at the National Academy of Sciences, Obama's TelePrompter soars ahead of him and loses the president altogether. To regain his place, he is forced to completely stop his speech until it's rolled back. On July 13, 2009 his TelePrompter completely falls apart and shatters on the floor as he delivers a speech on the economy at the White House. His continued use of the device prompts some in the media to dub him the "TelePrompter-In-Chief." Off-camera, of course! </div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">April 4, 2009: In response to a question asking what he learned from European leaders, Obama responds, "It was ... interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian -- wheeling and dealing ... "</div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009 </div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos </div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008 </div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008 </div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong." </div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida </div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:12 AM
And my favorite:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change."</span> --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008 </div></div>

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:12 AM
OH DEAR! (http://usconservatives.about.com/od/conservativesobama/tp/ObamaGaffes.htm)

OH MY! (http://usconservatives.about.com/od/conservativesobama/tp/ObamaGaffes-II.htm)

GOOD GOLLY! (http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/barackobama/a/obama-isms.htm)

LWW

Qtec
12-28-2010, 04:13 AM
What fuels such hatred?

Q

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:19 AM
Leftists.

LWW

Chopstick
12-28-2010, 07:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What fuels such hatred?

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">Somebody refudiated him when he was a kid. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </span>

Qtec
12-28-2010, 07:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What fuels such hatred?

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">Somebody refudiated him when he was a kid. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </span> </div></div>

I bet LWW refudiates that claim!

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
12-28-2010, 07:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What fuels such hatred?

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">Somebody refudiated him when he was a kid. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </span> </div></div>

LOL! And still are. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
12-28-2010, 08:00 AM
He was actually quite restrained in this thread. He didn't even bring up the 57 states comment!

The media loves to jump on every little goof that Paliin makes (and she does make her share of them) but totally ignore it when your own president flubs things up.

Double standard??

Steve

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He was actually quite restrained in this thread. He didn't even bring up the 57 states comment!

The media loves to jump on every little goof that Paliin makes (and she does make her share of them) but totally ignore it when your own president flubs things up.

Double standard??

Steve </div></div>

Aitch ... snoopy ... see how easy it is to "GET IT" if you try.

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where the far left loses me is their blatant use of double standards.

Although using the word "REFUDIATE" does nothing to improve the intellectual reputation of Sarah Palin ... the same folks who get their shorts all in a knot over it seem to never, not even <u><span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 17pt'>ONCE</span></span></u> face the fact that dear leader has been presented as a highly educated man of integrity.

Reality tells a different story:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">April 21, 2009: After receiving a heart-felt letter from Michael Powers, who criticized the president for his smoking habit, Obama hand-writes a response, "Michael -- Thanks so much for the wonderful letter, and the good <span style='font-size: 11pt'>advise</span> ... "</div></div>

LWW
</div></div>

Let's revisit this one.

Dan Quayle misspells "POTATO" as "POTATOE" and it was top of the news for a week and still talked about today.

At the same time Obama misspells "ADVICE" as "ADVISE" and the far left gives him a total pass.

Double standard?

It takes one quite proficient at doublethink to believe otherwise ... but, they post among us.

LWW

LWW
12-28-2010, 04:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jan. 20 to July 20, 2009: Whether it's brief introductory remarks or drawn-out policy speeches, Obama doesn't go anywhere without his TelePrompter. On several occasions, his reliance on it results in some embarrassing moments, such as April 27, 2009, when, speaking to scientists at the National Academy of Sciences, Obama's TelePrompter soars ahead of him and loses the president altogether. To regain his place, he is forced to completely stop his speech until it's rolled back. On July 13, 2009 his TelePrompter completely falls apart and shatters on the floor as he delivers a speech on the economy at the White House. His continued use of the device prompts some in the media to dub him the "TelePrompter-In-Chief." Off-camera, of course! </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Let's revisit this one.

Palin writes a note on her hand and it was top of the news for a week and still talked about today.

At the same time Obama can't even make a lame attempt to wing it when the teleprompter gets ahead of him..

Double standard?

It takes one quite proficient at doublethink to believe otherwise ... but, they post among us.

LWW

sack316
12-28-2010, 05:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Dan Quayle misspells "POTATO" as "POTATOE" and it was top of the news for a week and still talked about today.

At the same time Obama misspells "ADVICE" as "ADVISE" and the far left gives him a total pass.
</div></div>

How dare you use logic!

Sack

pooltchr
12-28-2010, 05:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
At the same time Obama misspells "ADVICE" as "ADVISE"

LWW </div></div>

This is one of my pet peeves, simply because it is so easy to know the difference since the two words are pronounced differently, and have different meanings, and are spelled the way they are pronounced.
One is a noun, one is a verb.
A good Harvard Law Review editor should know the difference.
I don't really expect it from a Chicago street organizer.

Steve

hondo
12-28-2010, 09:10 PM
What "hypocrasy", Steve! LMFAO!

LWW
12-29-2010, 02:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
At the same time Obama misspells "ADVICE" as "ADVISE"

LWW </div></div>

This is one of my pet peeves, simply because it is so easy to know the difference since the two words are pronounced differently, and have different meanings, and are spelled the way they are pronounced.
One is a noun, one is a verb.
A good Harvard Law Review editor should know the difference.
I don't really expect it from a Chicago street organizer.

Steve </div></div>

You would think that our former "ENGLISH TEACHER OF THE YEAR" and our self proclaimed ... who believes watching TV qualifies as "READING" ... superior intellect would be all over such things.

LWW

pooltchr
12-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Not really, Larry. He seems to me more inclined to attack other posters and try to stir the pot, than he is in actually participating in an intelligent adult conversation.

Steve

LWW
12-29-2010, 08:15 AM
They certainly are a predictable lot.

LWW