PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

09-05-2002, 09:40 AM

Eric.
09-05-2002, 01:19 PM
Sounds like Amanda Page-skinny girl with straight blond hair? Yeah, she is pretty good although I find it hard to believe she was an APA 5 a year ago! If it is A Page, I played in a Planet Pool event 3 years ago and she waas playing in the girls event, I think she placed 3-4. If I remember right, she was no 5 back then...

Eric >got a Ph D in getting hustled

09-05-2002, 01:26 PM

Rich R.
09-05-2002, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Eric.:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Sounds like Amanda Page-skinny girl with straight blond hair? Yeah, she is pretty good although I find it hard to believe she was an APA 5 a year ago! If it is A Page, I played in a Planet Pool event 3 years ago and she waas playing in the girls event, I think she placed 3-4. If I remember right, she was no 5 back then...

Eric &gt;got a Ph D in getting hustled &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

This Amanda must be at least 6 foot 2, blonde hair. BTW, she played in the CAT tournament with Dr_D a few months back in Laurel, MD. <hr></blockquote>
Amanda Page is blonde and definitely a fine player, but I don't think she is as tall as you describe. She also has a very high pitched voice. IMHO, she is one of the top ten lady players in this area. Maybe the top five.
Rich R.

Vicki
09-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Whitewolf means Amanda Smith. She is originally from PA but moved to MD about 2 years ago. She plays great and is as real as they come. She hasn't even been playing that long so that makes her even more impressive. She is far from "capping out" in the quality of her play. Very cool person and someone I am proud to say is my friend.

Other posters have confused her with Amanda Paige, who is also a good player from NoVa.

Vicki

HarryDC
09-05-2002, 01:59 PM
Whitewolf,

The lady you are describing is Ms. Amanda Smith. I sent Mike at AZB 75 photos for a Cat Gallery, Cat 5. Amanda should be on line when Mike puts up the photos. I hope!

HarryDC

bluewolf
09-05-2002, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Haven't seen her play since about a year ago, when she was an APA 5. She is now a 7 and I was very impressed watching her play last night at Champions in Rockville.

Look out Dr_D and others....I predict that Amanda will be out there giving you guys fits soon.

<hr></blockquote>

watching her play, she has an allison fisher style but is way stronger.she can really hit those balls hard when she needs too.

bluewolf

09-05-2002, 02:15 PM

09-05-2002, 05:12 PM
In the ongoing saga of the 2 Amandas...

Amanda Smith is the tall (over 6ft) blonde that is somewhat new to pool and rapidly improving.

Amanda Page is the "skinny blonde" that is about 5'3". She had been a decent player for several years and has elevated her game considerably in the last year.

They both play on the Planet-Pool tour. Amanda Page has won several events and is currently #1 on our points list. Amanda Smith is #8.

See http://www.planet-pool.com/pointslist2002.htm

Chances are they will both be playing this coming Sunday at the Planet-Pool event at Champions in Rockville, MD.

Andy

Vicki
09-05-2002, 11:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Must mention here that I have never seen another woman, pro or otherwise, who broke so hard.
<hr></blockquote>

lol... she is only 5'14" as she likes to say. I am SO GLAD she is my friend! I'd hate to get on her bad side. I am sure we will run into each other sooner or later... I am thinking about playing in the Plant Pool Tournament at Chapmion's in Rockville this Sunday... depends on my work schedule. Maybe I'll see you then!

Vicki

Holly
09-06-2002, 08:00 AM
Amanda Smith is awesome. She is one of the strongest players I've ever seen considering really how short a time she's been seriously playing. She is one hell of a nice person too and a great asset to the game. I love her new cues also that Randy Gottlieb had made for her. She recently had her best finish on the CAT tour, I believe came in 5th-6th.

If you happen to ever run across her, she is as Vicki said, one of the most down to earth people you could meet and strong both inside and out!

: ) Hol

Amanda
09-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Just wanted to thank you all for your kind words. Vicki gave me the heads up on why my ears were ringing so much lately. And yes I will be in Rockville this Sunday to play in the Planet Pool tournament. Hope to see you there /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Amanda Smith (yes the tall blonde one)

09-07-2002, 08:34 PM
Didn't realize there was a "saga of the two Amanda's" lol. Hey, thanks for the compliments, it feels good to know that others have noticed I've improved =) It's been a tough road and at times I'm still not exactly where I want to be, but hey, that's pool. I will be at Rockville on Sunday, plans have changed and I was able to get my bartending shift covered. . see you there Andy =) xoxo's

Amanda Page