PDA

View Full Version : More proof of global warming!

LWW
12-31-2010, 04:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With plunging temperatures and lingering cloud cover, Valley residents caught a rare glimpse of what many thought were brief periods of snow flurries Thursday.

Sightings were reported in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Fountain Hills, Cave Creek, Carefree, Peoria, Glendale and Anthem, Apache Junction, Mesa and parts of Phoenix. </div></div>
WHAT MORE PROOF COULD ONE WANT? (http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/2010/12/30/20101230phoenix-area-residents-report-snow-falling-valley.html)

LWW

llotter
12-31-2010, 06:32 AM
it really isn't fair or logical to present specific evidence as proof against a general truth. As the ice melts in the Antarctic, and the oceans continue raising over the lower floors of the NY skyscrapers, some people will be still be denying that truth as the row into the new forth story entrance of Macy's to get their linens.

Sev
12-31-2010, 06:50 AM
Well since they just recently predicted that by 2050 the human population is going to run out of food it better get a lot warmer so as to extend the growing season.

Remember more C02=more plant activity. Which=more oxygen in the atmosphere.

Its all good.

LWW
12-31-2010, 07:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well since they just recently predicted that by 2050 the human population is going to run out of food it better get a lot warmer so as to extend the growing season.

Remember more C02=more plant activity. Which=more oxygen in the atmosphere.

Its all good. </div></div>

That's another recycled leftist myth ... also from the 1960's/70's ... used by the Goremon prophet Paul Ehrlich.

If you want a good laugh, read "THE POPULATION BOMB" ... and then cringe when you realize his disciple John Holdren is Obama's junk science advisor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>“Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.”</span>
- Paul Ehrlich 1970-</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>“Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born,”</span>
- Paul Ehrlich 1975-</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>“Air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone.” </span>
- Paul Ehrlich 1975-</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>200,000 Americans will die in 1973 during “smog disasters” in New York and Los Angeles."</span>
- Paul Ehrlich 1970-</div></div>

LWW

Sev
12-31-2010, 06:31 PM
I remember most of them.

LIke I have said before the real cure to the problem is reducing he human population to below 500,000,000 souls. Everything else is just a symptom.

However we all know that humans are entitled to breed like rats and putting limits on reproduction is taboo.

There is always the nuclear option.

pooltchr
12-31-2010, 06:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

There is always the nuclear option. </div></div>

Washington might be a good place to start. Of course, those in neighboring states would need to take cover!

Steve

Soflasnapper
01-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Ever try to think much?

How does it rain or snow in the DESERT? Uh, that would be water vapor in the air, which under normal conditions doesn't happen much if at all over desert areas. (Lack of precipitation is a defining characteristic of deserts.)

How does extra water vapor get in the air? Warmer air than normal holds higher than normal water vapor loads.

So, freakish, 100-year to 500-year precipitation events (large amounts of rain OR snow) are consistent with a warmer atmosphere, and offer no proof that there is no global warming.

Science 101, my friend.

LWW
01-01-2011, 05:25 AM
And you are buying into the religion.

No scientific experiment can be considered viable unless it has a conceivable result that would prove it to be false.

Here's an example ... I have a hypothesis that the Earth possesses a gravitational field that draws things towards it. To test this I drop a rock. If the rock falls in a straight line towards the ground repeatedly and from various locations and at a consistent speed then my hypothesis has passed it's first test. If my rock hangs i the air, or goes sideways, or goes up ... then it has failed.

Now, with AGW here's what we find amongst the Goremon true believers:

1 - Temps have been lower during times when atmospheric CO2 was higher ... Goremons deem this as heresy.

2 - Temps have been lhigher during times when atmospheric CO2 was lower ... Goremons deem this as heresy.

3 - During the 1935-1975 era CO2 rose at a prodigious rate ... but the temps went down. Goremons deem this as heresy.

4 - During the 1975-2000 era, CO2 rose slower and the temps went up. Goremons deem this as heresy.

5 - During the 2000-2010 era CO2 rose faster again ... and the temps went down. Goremons deem this as heresy.

6 - If temps rise for a record in one year, it's proof of AGW.

7 - If temps fall for a record in one year it's proof of AGW.

8 - If ice packs shrink it's proof of AGW.

9 - If ice packs grow it's proof of AGW.

10 - If storms it's proof of AGW.

11 - If decrease it's proof of AGW.

IOW ... there is no data that the Goremons will not put into one of two categories:

1 - Heresy.

2 - Proof of AGW.

That is the definition of junk science.

LWW

LWW
01-01-2011, 05:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever try to think much?

How does it rain or snow in the DESERT? Uh, that would be water vapor in the air, which under normal conditions doesn't happen much if at all over desert areas. (Lack of precipitation is a defining characteristic of deserts.)

How does extra water vapor get in the air? Warmer air than normal holds higher than normal water vapor loads.

So, freakish, 100-year to 500-year precipitation events (large amounts of rain OR snow) are consistent with a warmer atmosphere, and offer no proof that there is no global warming.

Science 101, my friend. </div></div>

And, sadly, you failed science 101 because you left out the main requirement for snow ... temps at or below freezing.

Your story could explain rain ... but not snow.

LWW