PDA

View Full Version : The joy of public employee unions ...

LWW
12-31-2010, 05:13 AM
... obviously, putting taxpayer lives in jeopardy is simply collateral damage to these thugs.

This is reminiscent of PATCO ... and these goons should be fired and prosecuted IMHO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These garbage men really stink.

Selfish Sanitation Department bosses from the snow-slammed outer boroughs ordered their drivers to snarl the blizzard cleanup to protest budget cuts -- a disastrous move that turned streets into a minefield for emergency-services vehicles, The Post has learned.

Read more:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sanit_filthy_snow_slow_mo_qH57MZwC53QKOJlekSSDJK#i xzz19gdkkhZF </div></div>

LWW

Qtec
01-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Your hatred for the American worker knows no bounds.

From the NYT,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Inaction and Delays by New York as Storm Bore Down</span>

This week, as Mr. Bloomberg conceded that the city’s response to the blizzard had been inadequate, many theories, in both shouts and whispers, have been offered to explain the shortcomings: the Sanitation Department had undergone staffing cuts; the ferocity of the snowfall and the power of the accompanying winds had presented extraordinary challenges to the city’s snow plows; angry sanitation workers had sabotaged the efforts; city residents had ignored common sense and wound up stranding their cars in streets across the five boroughs.

On Wednesday, the mayor and his commissioners pledged to get at the truth. Once the streets have been cleared, they said, all aspects of the response will be analyzed, and changes, if necessary, will be made.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>“I could stand here and list maybe 10 or 12 items and say this is what my problem was or that’s what my problem was,”</span> John J. Doherty, the sanitation commissioner, said at a news conference with Mr. Bloomberg. “The mayor has pointed out there will be a postmortem on this storm. I’m not here to make excuses right now.”

Any post-mortem, then, seems destined to scrutinize the city’s decision not to declare a snow emergency, the transit agency’s delay in invoking a full-scale emergency plan, and the seemingly late and limited bid for outside help.

Emergency or Not? </div></div>

link (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/30/nyregion/30response.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp)

Its obviously a Soros conspiracy.

Q

LWW
01-03-2011, 06:32 AM
I am an American worker my friend.

What I despise is thugocracy.

LWW

Qtec
01-03-2011, 06:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I despise is thugocracy.

LWW </div></div>

We all do but you are jumping to conclusions and making allegations based on a NY Post article based on anonymous sources.

The GOP have been waging war on the American worker for years and you are helping them by spreading gossip.

Q

LWW
01-03-2011, 06:48 AM
That and photographic/video evidence ... including that of on duty plow drivers sleeping in their trucjks:

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/12/30/news/photos_stories/DSCN1543--300x300.JPG

Have you no shame ... is their no end to the limits of which you will shill for your beloved state incompetence?

Proceed.

LWW

LWW
01-03-2011, 06:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I despise is thugocracy.

LWW </div></div>

We all do ...

Q </div></div>

Simply untrue ... in a concurrent thread you are making excuses for the guards of dear leader inflicting bodily and property damage upon a citizen for daring to drive by where dear leader was staying.

It appears to be true ... your doublethink knows no bounds.

LWW

Qtec
01-03-2011, 06:51 AM
For all you know that guy might have been trying to catch some shut eye between back to back 8 hour shifts.

Q

pooltchr
01-03-2011, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For all you know that guy might have been trying to catch some shut eye between back to back 8 hour shifts.

Q </div></div>

Back to back 8 hour shifts would imply that a person was scheduled to WORK a double shift. Typically, nap time is not scheduled into a work shift.

As for your earlier comment about the GOP being against American workers, on a personal level (I don't speak for the GOP) that statement is BS. I fully support American workers...it's the heavy handed unions who pretend they support the workers, when in reality, they are just another business taking advantage of the workers, that I stand against.

Unions are in business to build membership. Why? Because they make money off the membership dues. Money that somehow ends up in the pockets of the union bosses. Then they threaten businesses with shut downs, using their members as pawns. I've watched it happen over the years. The union calls a strike that lasts a few weeks. They shut down a business, then negotiate for a dollar raise for their members.
The business lost a month of revenue, and then had their labor costs go up.
The members lost a month's wages, in exchange for a buck an hour raise.
Who wins in that situation? Not the business and not the workers.

Steve

Chopstick
01-03-2011, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For all you know that guy might have been trying to catch some shut eye between back to back 8 hour shifts.

Q </div></div>

This is old news. The union supervisors ordered a worker slowdown. The guys who received the instructions have already been on TV talking about it. Numerous witnesses have also been on TV saying that the plows were not lowered all the way down so the same street had to be plowed more than once. It goes on and on.

These are not representative of the American worker. They are unionized deadbeats.

LWW
01-03-2011, 10:28 AM

Q </div></div>

What I do know is that a city with over a thousand plows didn't get the snow plowed even though the drivers were paid to plow the snow.

Proceed.

LWW

LWW
01-03-2011, 10:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For all you know that guy might have been trying to catch some shut eye between back to back 8 hour shifts.

Q </div></div>

This is old news. The union supervisors ordered a worker slowdown. The guys who received the instructions have already been on TV talking about it. Numerous witnesses have also been on TV saying that the plows were not lowered all the way down so the same street had to be plowed more than once. It goes on and on.

These are not representative of the American worker. They are unionized deadbeats. </div></div>

You have to use Q-logic to understand this ... just because it can all be proven, and has been, doesn't prove a thing.

I suspect that Bush laid that poor pictured driver out with a slapjack behind the ear.

LWW

LWW
01-03-2011, 10:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because they make money off the membership dues. Money that somehow ends up in the pockets of the union bosses. Then they threaten businesses with shut downs, using their members as pawns. I've watched it happen over the years. The union calls a strike that lasts a few weeks. They shut down a business, then negotiate for a dollar raise for their members.
The business lost a month of revenue, and then had their labor costs go up.
The members lost a month's wages, in exchange for a buck an hour raise.
Who wins in that situation? Not the business and not the workers.

Steve </div></div>

How true that is.

Honda and Toyota have matched UAW wages and benefits for years ... no layoffs ... and no plant closings.

UAW and IUE workers paid 2 hours per week in union dues for years.

They did get an easier work load ... and a loss of nearly all of their jobs.

If you take a $25.00 per hour auto worker and take them out for a month long strike to get a $1.00 per hour raise ... that's a $4,000.00 loss going in ... when the heartless company is offering a $0.50 per hour raise..

That means they have to work 4,000 hours to get back to even. At 40 hours per week that's 100 weeks. The contracts are often for 2 years.

In the last 4 weeks they actually make an extra $320.00 ... 2% interest on the $4K they lost would amount to half of that.

They put the company, and their credit rating, at risk for what amounts to $160 amortized over 2,000 work hours ... or a net of -$0.375 per hour compared to what they could have received had they bothered to keep informed.

Shrewd ....

LWW

Qtec
01-04-2011, 01:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guys who received the instructions have already been on TV talking about it. </div></div>

Who? What guys? Any links?

Q.......then again, if it was on TV it must be true. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

LWW
01-04-2011, 03:10 AM
This from a man who believes Joe Wilson and James Hansen.

LWW

eg8r
01-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Why are you being hypocritical? You do the same thing with your youtube links? If they are on youtube does that make them true?

eg8r

LWW
01-04-2011, 01:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why are you being hypocritical? You do the same thing with your youtube links? If they are on youtube does that make them true?

eg8r </div></div>

Only if they support the leftist agenda.

LWW