PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME- lots of new posters

01-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey, there has been a *plethora* of new posters on the forum. It's almost like some person pulled the lid of the box /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

So, introduce yourself, tell us who you are and where you're from! What events do you attend? Where do you play?

Eric >aka Eric, lives in NJ/NYC metro area, seen at Super Billiards Expo(VF), US Open/Chesapeake and anywhere they serve Sam Adams

Brian in VA
01-05-2011, 09:57 AM
I'd like to extend a welcome, too!

Brian in VA aka Brian. I live in Richmond VA, seen at the US Open, the CCB tournament, the Va State 9 Balls Championships and, occasionally, at BCA or ACS Nationals where I also referee. I play on my home table (1950s Brunswick Anniversary) and the Side Pocket in Richmond.

Glad you're here on the board!

Brian in VA

Tom_In_Cincy
01-07-2011, 01:08 PM
It has been a long time.
Welcome all the new members.

Remember Chris aka CC..

Tom In Cincy aka SactownTom now living in Sacramento CA.

pooltchr
01-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Good idea.
I'm Steve Jennings, living, playing and teaching pool in Charlotte, NC. (And wherever my students need me to be)
Come on, new members....tell us who you are.

Steve

Rich R.
01-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Where are all of the new guys? Come on and step up and tell us who you are.

My name is Rich, if you didn't guess that from my screen name. I live and play pool in Maryland. You can usually find me and my wife at the Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge and at the U.S. Open 9 Ball Championship as well as many regional tournaments in my area. If you own any AccuStats videos of the U.S. Open,from the last 10 years, there is a good chance you have seen us.

L_Vigus
01-08-2011, 01:30 PM
My name is Larry. I signed up here about two years ago as 63Kcode. That is the name I go by on other sights. When this sight went down it lost me, but now won't let me register as 63Kcode anymore. I just started playing again two years ago after a 20 year layoff from the game. I am also fullfilling a long time dream of making my own pool cues. I allways thought I needed a longer cue than was avalible and was to cheap to have a custom cue built.

Here are my lastest cues if you care to see them

http://www.thefroginator.co.uk/fm-pix/albums/userpics/fairlane%20and%20cues%20034.JPG

http://www.thefroginator.co.uk/fm-pix/albums/userpics/fairlane%20and%20cues%20005.JPG

Larry

Rich R.
01-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Welcome Larry.
I believe you, along with me and several others here, are also members of the Jimbo Army forum. Although they discuss more about cues there, we discuss more about playing the game here. That is not to say the topics don't cross over from time to time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

JasonWDTX
01-22-2011, 07:43 AM
My name is jason, I'm from dallas but live in tulsa oklahoma. I play on the osage county league, it was acs but it is bca now. Its a small bar traveling league. I also play for fun at the tulsa pool halls, q-spot, magoo's, and sandites. I started playing pool in 06 with some friends, joined league in 07, and am still learning. I have been playing serious for about a year and a half and try to shoot some pool everyday. I have a 1950ish US billiards inc 7' table at home. It has a dead rail that is on my list to fix but it makes me get more creative having to play around it. I just joined the forum this month to learn and to read about pool when I am not able to shoot.

pooltchr
01-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi Jason.
Welcome to the forum. We have some great people here with a wealth of knowledge about pool. Glad to have you joining us.
Steve

Rich R.
01-22-2011, 09:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JasonWDTX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My name is jason, I'm from dallas but live in tulsa oklahoma. I play on the osage county league, it was acs but it is bca now. Its a small bar traveling league. I also play for fun at the tulsa pool halls, q-spot, magoo's, and sandites. I started playing pool in 06 with some friends, joined league in 07, <span style="color: #FF0000"> and am still learning. </span> I have been playing serious for about a year and a half and try to shoot some pool everyday. I have a 1950ish US billiards inc 7' table at home. It has a dead rail that is on my list to fix but it makes me get more creative having to play around it. I just joined the forum this month to learn and to read about pool when I am not able to shoot. </div></div>
Jason, it doesn't matter how many years we have been playing pool, we are all <span style="color: #FF0000">still learning. </span> That is one of the things that make this game great

Welcome. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Tony777
01-22-2011, 09:12 AM
I'm almost 35 years of age and live in Connecticut. Have been playing pool since high school. Love playing! Could play for 7 hours non-stop, but play leisurely as at times I may play once per week but not play again for 2-3 weeks. Used to play in the Pot-of-Gold League, not sure if you guys are familiar with it, similar to APA. I am fortunate enough to have inherited a beautiful Madison pool table and am currently trying to track down the year it was built, sometime between 1917-1924. One of the great aspects I love about playing pool: I feel as if though I am never playing an opponent but playing my turn. Just had a daughter and have a 5 year old nephew. Looking to introduce them to billiards soon /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

JasonWDTX
01-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks guys, I look forward to getting to know you all better and having some great pool conversations!

pooltchr
01-23-2011, 06:26 AM
Welcome, Tony.
I spent a few years in CT years ago when I was in the service. Beautiful area, but the winters were a little cold for my taste. Had to go up to Mass a couple of years ago to help teach a pool school. January and it was just as cold as I remembered!

I remember Pot o gold, but it didn't last very long around here. We have 2 leagues that dominate the area, and it's tough to get a new one going.

Enjoy the forum. It's a pretty good crowd around here.

Steve

Rich R.
01-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Welcome Tony.
I happen to be aquainted with a number of Ct. pool players through another forum. Actually, most of them are more into pool cue collecting than playing, with a few cue makers thrown in for good measure. One or two of them stop in here from time to time.
Sit back, open a cold one and enjoy the forum.

justadub
02-15-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm Bruce, and live in Bangor, Maine. I've only been playing for about 18 months now, coming to the game later in life (I'm 47) so I have a lot of catching up to do! Trying to cram 10-15+ years of pool knowledge into 18 months is an impossible task, but I'm making the attempt. I'm loving it, pool has become nearly an obsession.

I play in an APA 8-ball league (SL5 now) and various small local tourneys when they occur. Hoping to someday get a chance to play in some bigger tourneys if time/money/committments allow, though that's a challenge given my georgraphical, employment and family situation.

I'd also really love to go to one of the big events (US Open, DCC, SBE, etc) to watch the best play, and to get to meet many of the folks I've "met" online (mostly at AZBilliards, hopefully now here as well). Perhaps this week will be the one where I hit the lottery? Then I could play pool all the time! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Deeman3
02-15-2011, 07:26 PM
I am DeeMan and have been posting here since about 1998. I am a well adjusted and happy guy whom everyone loves! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

O.K. Maybe not everyone but a hearty welcome to all new posters here.

02-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Hey, welcome, Bruce. Sounds like you are well on your way towards obsession. Pool forums really are a small world, lots of ppl that post in several forums. You might like to take a trip to SBE, DCC or the Open, one day. I promise you, you won't be disappointed.

If you go to the US Open, keep in mind that this forum has a group of ppl that go every year. We usually have a dinner and shoot some Pool, in addition to sweating world class Pool. This year will be our 10 Annual shindig, hope to see you there, some day.

Eric

02-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Pot-of-gold league! Wasn't that owned/co-owned by Ewa Mataya?

Eric

02-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Stick around, Jason. We could use a few good posters, around here.

Eric &gt;kinda like the old Marine slogan

wolfdancer
03-10-2011, 10:27 PM
you forgot to add "respects, and looks up to".....but I know that one of your "faults" is that you are too modest.
Truth is though......you are well liked; also a good "conversationalist", especially on the game of pool!!!

pooltchr
03-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Hey, Bruce,
Glad to see you found your way over here.

I have seen some of Bruce's posts on another forum, and he seems to be motivated to learn as much as he can about the game. Asks intelligent questions, and follows up with the responses. Another good addition to the CCB!

Steve

Bambu
03-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Cool, we could use some new blood in here!

Brian in VA
03-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey Tony!
My youngest daughter goes to school in New Haven so I get up that way occasionally. Let me know if you want to hook up and play. While I have been know to play for something, I'm just as happy playing for nothing with people that love the game!

Welcome to the CCB!

Brian in VA

bradb
03-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Greetings, I'm Brad. I've been posting here on and off about 5 years. I'm originally from Texas but have been living in Vancouver BC Canada now for 25 years and have developed a very confusing Texan-good old boy-Canadian accent. (No I'm not a dodger, I served a 4 year hitch during Vietnam.)

I guess I qualify as an old timer as I've been playing snooker and pool for over 50 years... l enter a lot of 9ball tournaments, and play in the local 8ball league. I love talking the game almost as much as playing.

Deeman3
03-11-2011, 05:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you forgot to add "respects, and looks up to".....but I know that one of your "faults" is that you are too modest.
Truth is though......you are well liked; also a good "conversationalist", especially on the game of pool!!! </div></div>

Jack,

Thanks, the check is in the mail! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif