PDA

View Full Version : Most Americans Say Tax The Rich

Qtec
01-05-2011, 03:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most Americans Say Tax The Rich To Balance The Budget: Poll

NEW YORK: <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Most Americans think the United States should raise taxes for the rich to balance the budget,</span> according to a 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair poll released on Monday.

President Barack Obama last month signed into law a two-year extension of Bush-era tax cuts for millions of Americans, including the wealthiest, in a compromise with Republicans.

Republicans, who this week take control of the House of Representatives, want to extend all Bush-era tax cuts "permanently" for the middle class and wealthier Americans. They are also demanding spending cuts to curb the $1.3 trillion deficit.

Sixty-one percent of Americans polled would rather see taxes for the wealthy increased as a first step to tackling the deficit, the poll showed.

The next most popular way -- chosen by 20 percent -- was to cut defense spending.
Four percent would cut the Medicare government health insurance program for the elderly, and 3 percent would cut the Social Security retirement program, the poll showed.

Asked which part of the world they would fix first, the largest proportion of respondents -- 36 percent -- chose Washington, compared with 23 percent who picked the Middle East and 14 percent who chose Haiti.

The poll included a random sample of 1,067 adults across the United States from November 29 to December 2. The margin of error may be plus or minus 3 percentage points, 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair said. </div></div>

The GOP listens to the people?

Q.......... link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/04/most-americans-say-tax-th_n_804020.html)

LWW
01-05-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm wondering why Puffingona Post didn't link to the poll so that readers could view the methodology?

Who am I kidding ... regular HP readers never question anything.

LWW

Qtec
01-05-2011, 04:43 AM
So you think the majority , the 95% who are not in the top tax bracket would rather THEY pay for the Wall St rip off? That they would rather take a cut in services, wages, pensions and HC so that the super rich stay richer?

You are out of your mind.

Again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The truth is our economic problems stem from <span style='font-size: 26pt'>the biggest concentration of income and wealth at the top since 1928, </span></div></div>

The American dream is going backwards.

Q

LWW
01-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Why don't you just answer the question ... why don't they show their methodology?

The reasons are twofold:

1 - Because they don't want folks like me to point out that it was front loaded with leftists and welfare queens.

2 - They know that folks like you will never ... not even ONCE ... question them.

LWW

Sev
01-05-2011, 07:41 AM
I would love to see them tax the rich.
It would lead to more outsourcing, businesses closing and more job losses.

We need to pump up that unemployment for 2012. 12% sound like a good number.

Gayle in MD
01-05-2011, 07:54 AM
LMAO!

Hey, they've (Repiglicans) have already shown the whole country they'd rather block, than fix, any of our pressing issues, created by their own majority of corruption throughout years of Repiglican control.....

It was in September of 08, under George Bush, who was the Great Decoder, with eiht years of holding a VETO Pen, and our economy, completely under Republican Appointees, heading every single economic agency, including energy, and after twelves years of a Repiglican majority, that we ALL saw our economic disasters continue to grow into the worst market crash, and loss of economic wealth, we've seen since the Great Depression.

Both the Bailouts, the TARP, and the Auto, were set in motion by Bush.

The fact that we have p-lennty of ignorant evangelicals in the Flyover States, who don't know any of that, because Rush doesn't tell them, is what the RW so called debt hawks, are now going to have to face up to, if they are going to investigate everything...facts will finally have to come out of thheir own mouths.

The CBO, is going to have every bit as much to say on the National Stage, now, as Rush and Sarah have had carte blanche to lie about for the last four years, lol.

I can't wait! Imagine how much fun it's going to be to watch the Repiglicans have to sit in those chairs, and quote the facts, from the CBO!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Sev
01-05-2011, 08:04 AM
I think somebody is going to be very disappointed.

eg8r
01-05-2011, 08:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most Americans Say Tax The Rich </div></div>Pretty easy for a poor person to make that statement wouldn't you agree. They know they are not the ones being taxed.

Most extremist muslims say the Americans should be slaughtered. Are you strapping on your bomb vest yet?

eg8r

LWW
01-06-2011, 03:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to see them tax the rich.
It would lead to more outsourcing, businesses closing and more job losses.

We need to pump up that unemployment for 2012. 12% sound like a good number. </div></div>

Well ... according to Pelosi it does drive economic growth.

LWW

LWW
01-06-2011, 04:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was in September of 08, under George Bush, who was the Great <s>Decoder</s> Decider, with <s>eiht</s> eight years of holding a VETO Pen, and our economy, completely under Republican Appointees, heading every single economic agency, including energy, and after twelves years of a Repiglican majority

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

I see that your handlers have erased the election of 2006 from your memory.

I guess that a spoonful of additional "TRUTH" is needed now and then.

LWW