PDA

View Full Version : Bravo MD. Senator Barbara Mikulski

Gayle in MD
01-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Celebrating today as the longest serving female Senator, in our history.

Senator Mikulski is a Maryland Treasure, as is Congressman Steny Hoyer, Congresman Chris Van Hollen, and Mmaryloand Democratic Governor O'Malley!

Bravo Senator Mikulski! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

G.

Sid_Vicious
01-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I will be the first to say that I think that is stupendous Gayle! martin

sack316
01-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Congrats to her. If i'm not mistaken this is her 25th year? Ya don't get to hang around that long if you're not doing something right.

Sack

Gayle in MD
01-08-2011, 02:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be the first to say that I think that is stupendous Gayle! martin </div></div>

Thanks Martin, for the nice comment.

She's very likable, and sort of a cute little ol' lady.

They carry this little stool around, for her to stand on, everywhere she goes, so that she can be seen behind the various lecterns.

She's definitely devoted to her career, and very respected by her peers.

G.

Gayle in MD
01-08-2011, 02:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats to her. If i'm not mistaken this is her 25th year? Ya don't get to hang around that long if you're not doing something right.

Sack </div></div>

Very true, Sack, and thanks for the nice comment.

G.

eg8r
01-08-2011, 09:32 AM
What was Uncle Ted doing right all those years? I have no idea.

eg8r

bobroberts
01-08-2011, 12:12 PM
You all are celebrating a life long politician gets me sick. They should not be allowed to serve more then 8 years and thats after they retired from a real job. This way they can work for the country and not themselves.They should get a small stipend and no health ins. That should of been paid for by themselves during their initial; career.

sack316
01-08-2011, 12:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was Uncle Ted doing right all those years? I have no idea.

eg8r </div></div>

I guess his job to the liking of his constituents. Whether myself or you or anyone else outside of their representative area agrees with them is irrelevant. I still respect the accomplishment regardless of where they may stand. Think of the big swings in just the last two elections. Factor in how many times those sort of changes have taken place over the last few decades. Sometimes survival itself is worthy of praise!

Sack

pooltchr
01-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Perhaps survival can be achieved by laying low, and avoiding controvercy. It might be interesting to take a look at her significant accomplishments during her terms of service.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billsearch.xpd?session=111&sponsor=300073

Steve

eg8r
01-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I understand what you are saying, accept the achievment, but at what cost? I wonder if there is a list of earmarks for this person? Giving away other people's money will always look good for her.

eg8r

sack316
01-08-2011, 01:20 PM
good thought Ed... and yes there is for 2008 (211 earmarks worth $798,124,815):

http://www.congressdb.com/moneydb/earmarklist/300073/2008/

Sack

eg8r
01-08-2011, 01:22 PM
HOLY FREAKING CRAP that is a lot of money in earmarks. Don't know how that stacks up against anyone else, better or worse, but for one year she sure used a lot of other taxpayers money.

eg8r

llotter
01-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately, that stool does nothing to heighten her IQ. Like most stupid politicians, and that would be most all of them, they think they know how to spend money better than the citizens themselves. They seem to take great pride in that ability with no thought whatsoever to the people from whom the steal the money. Nor do they show any concern for the disasters that they have precipitated with their blind stupidity. What, me worry?