PDA

View Full Version : Gibbs is stepping down to get PAID!!!!!!

eg8r
01-05-2011, 01:03 PM
It looks like Gibbs the quitter is looking to get paid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I would not trade the worst days here for many of the best days at another job," Gibbs told reporters Wednesday, after announcing his departure from the White House. But he said he wants to "step back a little bit and recharge some" after four years of campaigning and a hard-fought first half of the Obama administration -- "probably the busiest years that Washington and the White House have seen in a couple of decades."

Gibbs said he will leave the podium after the upcoming State of the Union address -- but will remain in the Washington area as a pundit, supporting White House positions on cable television and in speeches.
</div></div>Gayle would call him selfish and greedy but I understand why he is doing it. Could you imagine how tough it is going to be around Obama the next two years? The man is going to be chain-smoking and screaming all over the White House. It is better to bow out gracefully and go for the cash.

eg8r

pooltchr
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Just the first of many rats that will be deserting the ship.

But I agree. The man took a job, and now he's quitting. Puts him at the same level as Palin, if you follow the "reasoning" of some of our liberal posters here.

Steve

sack316
01-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I really love the opening line from the quote, "I would not trade the worst days here for many of the best days at another job".

Seriously? Then why step down good sir?

Sack

Sev
01-05-2011, 07:54 PM
The Family Guy on the way out.

Qtec
01-06-2011, 02:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then why step down good sir? </div></div>

His job is to separate fact from fiction and he has failed miserably.

Q

LWW
01-06-2011, 04:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then why step down good sir? </div></div>

His job is to separate fact from fiction and he has failed miserably.

Q </div></div>

You don't realize how right you are.

LWW

eg8r
01-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Exactly.

eg8r

eg8r
01-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Well now his next job is to make as much money as possible. Imitation is flattery (or something like that).

eg8r

Gayle in MD
01-06-2011, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really love the opening line from the quote, "I would not trade the worst days here for many of the best days at another job".

Sack </div></div>

He's stepping down to do what he does best, run the next campaign.

I don't get it. What's the big deal? You guys didn't flinch when Bush went through three or four Press Secretaries.

Gibbs is still going to be working for President Obama. He's been devoted to him for a very long time. Maybe if he had been arrested, like Dana Perino's guy, annd some say, even perino herself, or maybe if he didn't even know what the Cuban Misile Crises was, like Perino, I could understand some flack, but this incident, is par for the course. Name one persident, in modern history, who had the same Press Secretary troughout.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
01-06-2011, 10:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't get it. What's the big deal? You guys didn't flinch when Bush went through three or four Press Secretaries.
</div></div>This isn't about Bush or Obama which is probably why you "don't get it". Stick with the subject and maybe it will be easier for you.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
01-06-2011, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really love the opening line from the quote, "I would not trade the worst days here for many of the best days at another job".

Sack </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How Many Press Secretaries Does One President Need?

D.N. Howard, Yahoo! Contributor Network
Aug 20, 2007 "Contribute content like this. Start Here."
When Tony Snow announced he was leaving his position as White House Press Secretary in mid August there was a murmur among the press that just when you get used to one press secretary, another comes to replace him.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>George Bush's administration has included four Press Secretaries including Ari Fleisher, who was appointed in 2001 and left his post in 2003. He was replaced by Scott McClellan who served three years and was
replaced by Tony Snow. (Dana Perino, the unofficial fourth Press Secretary, acted as secretary while Snow underwent medical procedures in March 2007.)

Although it may seem as if they come and go with the season, Bush is the fourth president to appoint four secretaries during his administration. </span>Due to tragedy, Harry Truman was served by no fewer than five.

Jonathan W. Daniels was appointed Press Secretary under Franklin Roosevelt; and when Roosevelt died in office, Daniels continued to serve Truman for four months, becoming the shortest serving press Secretary since the inception of the post. In March of 1945 Truman appointed Charles G. Ross. Ross served so loyally that he died at his desk in 1950.

Steven Early, who had been Roosevelt's Press Secretary, stepped in to fill the post temporarily until Joseph Short was appointed. When Mr. Short died at 48 of an unexpected heart attack, Roger Tubby filled the post to the end of Truman's term.

Lyndon B. Johnson had four Press Secretaries, starting with Pierre Salinger who was appointed by John F. Kennedy. (Out of respect for Kennedy's choices, Johnson retained a lot of his cabinet throughout his term.) When Salinger resigned in 1964, George Reedy took his position. Reedy is most famous for saying of Johnson. ""He may have been a son of a bitch. But he was a colossal son of a bitch." His successor, journalist Bill Moyers, must have seen the truth in the statement when he said, "I work for him despite his faults and he lets me work for him despite my deficiencies." In 1966 George Christian took the post and stayed with Johnson through the toughest years of his presidency, The Vietnam War.

</div></div>

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/352276/how_many_press_secretaries_does_one.html

Again, what's all the fuss about?

Gibbs isn't leaving the President, he's leaving to begin work on the next campaign.

I'm sure he know what the Bay Of Pigs was about, lol, Perino didn't even know that!

G.

pooltchr
01-06-2011, 10:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
He's stepping down to do what he does best, run the next campaign.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
</div></div>

So being a press secretary is not what he was most qualified to do?????????

Steve