PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to like Johnny!

LWW
01-06-2011, 05:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boehner's office responded to a letter sent by the Senate's top five Democrats, vowing to block a House bill repealing healthcare reform, with a terse, 65-word note.

Boehner's office wrote:

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Senators Reid, Durbin, Schumer, Murray and Stabenow:

Thank you for reminding us – and the American people – of the backroom deal that you struck behind closed doors with ‘Big Pharma,’ resulting in bigger profits for the drug companies, and higher prescription drug costs for 33 million seniors enrolled in Medicare Part D, at a cost to the taxpayers of $42.6 billion.

The House is going to pass legislation to repeal that now. You’re welcome.

- Speaker-Designate John Boehner’s Press Office</span> </div></div>

Dear leader's not going to like THIS (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/135895-boehner-fires-back-at-dem-senators-with-vow-to-push-forward-with-repeal) at all.

LWW

Sev
01-06-2011, 08:17 AM
I notice some people are slithering away from the Obama camp.

pooltchr
01-06-2011, 08:46 AM
65 words to make his point. Might this signal a mentality that eliminates 2000 page bills floating around Congress?

One can certainly hope.

Steve

eg8r
01-06-2011, 09:25 AM
If that truly happened then I think it is awesome. It would be nice to hear these people start to tell it like it is for once.

eg8r

Chopstick
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Hell yeah. Now that's what I'm talkin about.

LWW
01-06-2011, 04:00 PM
I've met John.

He's a very emotional guy ... a bit schizo in a Dennis Kucinich sort of way. His boozing is well known and I don't like it, but it doesn't seem to have interfered with his work yet.

He does strike me as a guy who calls it as he sees it, as opposed to the typical charlatan politician who will take a different position in front of different crowds.

I don't agree with him completely, and remain unconvinced that he can muster the party as effectively as Pelosi got all the dembots to march off the cliff like lemmings ... but all in all, IMHO, he's a monstrous upgrade of personnel in the position.

LWW