PDA

View Full Version : Will he faint?

sack316
01-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Word is Obama will be announcing William Daley as his next chief of staff.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40948075/ns/politics-white_house/

Sack

Gayle in MD
01-07-2011, 07:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Word is Obama will be announcing William Daley as his next chief of staff.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40948075/ns/politics-white_house/

Sack </div></div>

Do you think he is a good choice?

G.

Sev
01-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Daley of the Chicago thugs.

Yah great choice. I would not expect anything less.

sack316
01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Gayle, I think he is a good choice in terms of doing his job... which is what is important.

But to be honest, I don't understand why Obama chose him in terms of strategy. The right will question it simply because he was in the Clinton admin. The left will question it because of his ties to Wall Street and his pro-corporate background.

So yeah, if nobody likes it up front... then I'd say it's probably the right pick... as odd as that sounds to say. And I think in the end he'll back and support this administrations stances well enough so that the base feels 'included', while at the same time his background will allow him to explain/present fiscal policies in a non-threatening but 'right friendly' way. JMHO... don't think he'll be a popular choice upfront, but in the end will do his job effectively enough to be worthwhile.

Sack

Gayle in MD
01-08-2011, 02:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, I think he is a good choice in terms of doing his job... which is what is important.

But to be honest, I don't understand why Obama chose him in terms of strategy. The right will question it simply because he was in the Clinton admin. The left will question it because of his ties to Wall Street and his pro-corporate background.

So yeah, if nobody likes it up front... then I'd say it's probably the right pick... as odd as that sounds to say. And I think in the end he'll back and support this administrations stances well enough so that the base feels 'included', while at the same time his background will allow him to explain/present fiscal policies in a non-threatening but 'right friendly' way. JMHO... don't think he'll be a popular choice upfront, but in the end will do his job effectively enough to be worthwhile.

Sack </div></div>

Excellent appraisal. I think he will be very effective in that position, also. So far, I am hearing a good deal of support for the choice, from the right, and the left, once one considers the various sources of that support, the chhoice looks pretty well accepted, by most.

G.