PDA

View Full Version : A vote 4 OBAMACARE is a vote 4 breast cancer!

LWW
01-07-2011, 03:19 PM
According to the regime's FDA, it seems that a life just isn't worth the cost ... especially when it's only the life of a woman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the cowards wait until the end of December. ObamaCare rationing begins. Ironically, the FDA’s banning of Avastin happens on the same day it’s European counterpart officially approved its use. Make no mistake, this decision was one about cost for those who are terminally ill and fighting for another chance, or another 6 months. Remember–when people are the budget…

I believe the new Congress can walk and chew gum at the same time. There are many things they need to do, but at the very top of the list must be the complete repeal of the evil obscenity of ObamaCare. (HT to @gerfingerpoken at Twitter). Please read the entire IBD editorial, below is just a snippet. BTW, if you can read only one paper a day it should be Investors Business Daily. Their news reporting and editorial content is singularly fabulous.

IBD: ObamaCare Rationing Begins

The FDA has reversed its approval of a widely used cancer drug approved in Europe to treat breast cancer on the grounds it doesn’t provide a “sufficient” benefit. Let the terminally ill and their doctors decide.

One of the blessings of blocking the omnibus spending bill was that it included $1 billion for the implementation of ObamaCare.

Yet the first effects are still being felt, the latest being the Food and Drug Administration’s revoking of regulatory approval of Avastin to treat late-stage breast cancer.

The reason given by the FDA was that the drug does not provide “a sufficient benefit in slowing disease progression to outweigh the significant risk to patients.” What risk? These women are dying.

The drug buys them precious time, and the only risk they face is from an FDA saying “pull the plug.”

On the same day the FDA channeled Dr. Kevorkian, its European counterpart, the European Medicines Agency, issued a statement approving Avastin for metastatic breast cancer… </div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/557595/201012221907/ObamaCare-Rationing-Begins.aspx)

OH MY! (http://tammybruce.com/2010/12/the-did-it-fda-bans-breast-cancer-drug-avastin.html)

LWW

pooltchr
01-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I wonder if anyone who might have loved ones dealing with this terrible disease might offer their own opinion on this topic?

Anyone have a personal stake in this issue?? Tell us what you think.

Steve

LWW
01-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I know someone ... but they would apparently rather die than question the regime.

LWW

Stretch
01-07-2011, 10:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know someone ... but they would apparently rather die than question the regime.

LWW </div></div>

Who would rather die? And what do you base this taistless accusation on? St.

LWW
01-08-2011, 04:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know someone ... but they would apparently rather die than question the regime.

LWW </div></div>

Who would rather die? And what do you base this <s>taistless</s> tasteless accusation on? St. </div></div>

1 - If you ever paid attention you would know.

2 - You never pay attention.

3 - I did not make any accusation.

4 - I posted what was obvious to me from this person's actions.

5 - If they wish to explain why they feel it was OK for them to receive all the medical care that science could offer for their breast cancer, but support a regime denying the same to others ... even those who could pay with their own cash ... simply so the regime's plan can be propped up, well the floor is theirs.

LWW

Stretch
01-08-2011, 08:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know someone ... but they would apparently rather die than question the regime.

LWW </div></div>

Who would rather die? And what do you base this <s>taistless</s> tasteless accusation on? St. </div></div>

1 - If you ever paid attention you would know.

2 - You never pay attention.

3 - I did not make any accusation.

4 - I posted what was obvious to me from this person's actions.

5 - If they wish to explain why they feel it was OK for them to receive all the medical care that science could offer for their breast cancer, but support a regime denying the same to others ... even those who could pay with their own cash ... simply so the regime's plan can be propped up, well the floor is theirs.

LWW </div></div>

You are one cowardly piece of trash. When you are faced with life or death medical decisions then we'll all challenge YOU to defend your decisions and politicise it for our own amusement. That should hit home for you. I thought you were the lowest of the low before, obviously you exceeded all expectations in your efforts to be on par with dog doo. St.

LWW
01-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Perhaps you don't like what I said, but you have no counterpoint to show my thoughts to be inaccurate.

But ... you never do.

LWW

Soflasnapper
01-08-2011, 01:27 PM
If only Paul Harvey were here, to let us know 'the rest of the story.'

There always is 'the rest of the story,' also known as 'the other side,' even if the partisans pretend otherwise.

First, the FDA is prohibited from making its approvals of drugs for various treatment purposes on the grounds of expense. There is no showing of any connection of the FDA decision to Obamacare, other than hysterical handwaving.

Secondly, this drug was initially approved in an expedited fashion, based on ONE study, which subsequent studies showed exaggerated its benefits. Drugs approved on an expedited basis are subject to reversal of approval if future studies do not support the promise for its beneficial effects.

These later studies HAVE shown it to extend the lives of late-stage breast cancer victims by only 3 months (not the 5 months first indicated), when used in combination with chemo. But the same 3 months extra longevity is gained from the use of chemo alone, without the medication's additional side effects. (That is, using this med does NOT increase longevity at all, relative to the more orthodox chemotherapy used alone.)

That is why actual newspapers like the Wall St. Journal (IBD is a propaganda organ) featured ample quotes from the oncology community, including breast cancer activist groups, in SUPPORT of the FDA's decision here.

Bottom line, is that this headline is a full-on cheap shot that can only be made plausible by ignorance.

llotter
01-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Too bad the Republicans do not have the courage to do away with the FDA and about a thousand others from the alphabet soup of gov. bureaucracy that undermines our freedom.

LWW
01-09-2011, 04:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bottom line, is that this headline is a full-on cheap shot that can only be made plausible by ignorance. </div></div>

Very good ... and evidence of a spoon fed mentality.

The choice of thread title was a response to the truly ignorant ones being floated by the queen bat.

LWW

Sev
01-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Cant wait to see this thing get defunded.