PDA

View Full Version : Almost unreadable anymore.

Q-guy
09-05-2002, 04:29 PM
Well, almost had some interesting threads today, then someone resurrected the long gone IQ thread and it began getting posts. One post was to say they did not know what they were posting to, keeping it alive even longer. Voodoo has the right idea. There is very little Fran, and almost no Fels any more. Topics are getting shoved down the board without even one response, you can't even find them. The truth is, The level of the board has been dumbed down to the point of being mind numbing. I read a few other boards on Machining and woodworking, I like Volvo cars and read about them. They all have interesting and worth while information on them, I can read for hours. But this board which represents my dearest interest, is becoming almost unreadable. I will be sitting here and I will say to my wife, "Listen what this idiot wrote," And she will say "Why do you look at that, most of it so stupid"? She is right. I will leave it to the blind leading the blind, it is the way they prefer it anyway. Why would I bother to write this you might say, and not just leave quietly? I guess I resent it a little, that after posting here for several years and looking forward to the time I would spend here, sharing information, reading posts by knowledgeable players, having interesting discussions with people whose opinions I respected, it has come to this. This board needs some new blood. It is now little more then a chat room, for people who no little or nothing about the game. I don't know if they even care anything about it. For me, I have been playing for more then 40 years and it is not just a current fad, I do care about it. I may check back once and awhile, but for now I am on my way over to the Volvo site, to ask a few questions about the new cam I am putting in next week. See ya later.

phil in sofla
09-05-2002, 05:25 PM
I know what you mean, and I'm spending less time on the board myself.

But thinking about pool discussions, even for the short years I've been here, there does tend to be mostly rehashing of topics that have been covered before. (That is, I'll see them covered pretty completely, go away, and then resurface when re-asked by someone.) So, new blood would seem to likely result in the same topics coming up yet again-- very valuable to those who haven't seen the discussion, but sort of old news for those that have.

Other than the already heavily picked over areas of discussion, what else is there? Current events related to pool (tournaments and such)? Yes, and you'll find such topics discussed. After that, you've got personal chat, some pool related, some not.

Now VOLVOS, there is a topic that just keeps on giving, by comparison! LOL! (Not sure that is the case, but lacking direct knowledge, I'm taking your word for it).

Troy
09-05-2002, 05:47 PM
I think the problem is that any response to an old topic brings that topic back to the top.

I would prefer a chronological order for the beginning of a topic and have it stay in that order. If a topic gets buried by new topics, so be it.

Troy...~~~ Just my opinion

TonyM
09-05-2002, 10:54 PM
Why not start reading the posts at rec.sport.billiard? As far as I'm concerned, it is the only real intelligent board about pool, and this board is mainly a social club.

Tony
-not that that's a bad thing....

Rod
09-06-2002, 03:09 AM
QGuy,
I know what you mean and I don't blame you. I thought about doing the same a couple of days ago. Maby not for the same exact reasons but very similar. It does get frustrating sometimes. Look at the bright side you might get more done, if that's important.

09-06-2002, 07:22 AM
Q-Guy, I couldn't agree more. I was a regular poster here for several years, and about a year ago reached the same conclusions you have. I still read the board almost every day, but post very seldom.

Like you, I've been playing for almost 40 years, have been in the pool business for 18 years, and know a lot of the same players and assorted characters that you do.

I'll probably continue to read, but my posts will be infrequent, as they are now.

Andy G.

09-06-2002, 07:51 AM
Just lurk, don't be provoked, and post only when there is something new or a topic that you have strong feelings about. I have given up reading most of the posts for the same reasons and only scan stuff by people that I have come to respect. Most of those have gone or lurk.

nAz
09-06-2002, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TonyM:</font><hr> Why not start reading the posts at rec.sport.billiard? As far as I'm concerned, it is the only real intelligent board about pool, and this board is mainly a social club.

Tony
-not that that's a bad thing.... <hr></blockquote>

Dude yes that is a good board. i never post there just read em.

Qguy you sound like you are gonna kill yourself. how sad
this board is your life? sorry i know it means a lot to you. skipping the sh*t post is all you need to do,and go under ground and lurk like the others do

09-06-2002, 02:12 PM
I too feel that the B/D CCB is unworthy of my attention anymore. The great ideas &amp; suggestions to improve one's Pool Game, are diluted to the degree of "the needle in the haystack syndrone". The Forum has become a CHAT ROOM, with stupid VALLEY GIRL "filler conversational" posts. These "filler poster's" are lonely &amp; idle. Most are probably unemployed want-to-be 5's with simple mentalities for anything... but this is a free CHAT ROOM &amp; everyone is invited to the party. When I see something, to post about, I post it!

09-07-2002, 08:53 AM
Q-guy has always been nothing short of a whiner... he complains about pathetic posts then he makes one himself. I too was here quite a while back and I found very few interesting posts back then just like it is now. I think Q misses some of his old friends like fred agnir who dont post anymore but the fact is even when those guys were all posting it was still nothing more than a little chat room with very limited information about pool for entry level players (which Q has already seemed to bash in this thread) I remember how hard it was to post an opinion on this board without all these stuck up, know it all jerks (Q-guy being one of them) taking a good little piece of advice and turn it into something that would make me never want to post here again... I say good riddance to you pool guy.. at least the people here now are a lot more accepting and friendly.. something the old posters lacked greatly.

nAz
09-07-2002, 11:17 AM
LOL

did u hit the nail on the head??

TomBrooklyn
09-07-2002, 11:50 PM
For the two years or so I've been reading/posting here it has always been largely a pool social club. That is probably the biggest distinction from RSB. Some people like that and thats why they like it here. Some people don't.

Many regulars have become disallusioned with the board from time to time and said so. It happens. My interest has waned and waxed from time to time. I can't control who and what others post here though, so I take it or leave it as it is.

I don't like the timing of your post however, Joe, so close to the Great 1st Annual CCB Tournement. Why be a party pooper?

=TB=

Vagabond
09-08-2002, 09:26 AM
Hi NAZ,
what is the meaning of your tag line? cheers
vagabond

nAz
09-08-2002, 11:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vagabond:</font><hr> Hi NAZ,
vagabond <hr></blockquote>

Wu tang Clan old dirty bastard use to say that... he was Broolkyn and wisely thinks that ppl from brooklyn Rule, for a rapper he sure is right lol

got a new tag line now have to switch around from time to time... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Paul_Mon
09-09-2002, 06:13 AM
Like many others who have responded I also have become a lurker. There was a time when I first found this forum when 8 posts per day were normal. Some of the posters seem to think that they must post or reply to every thread. In a way the new format promotes this by tallying posts.

bluewolf
09-09-2002, 06:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Q-guy has always been nothing short of a whiner... he complains about pathetic posts then he makes one himself. I too was here quite a while back and I found very few interesting posts back then just like it is now. I think Q misses some of his old friends like fred agnir who dont post anymore but the fact is even when those guys were all posting it was still nothing more than a little chat room with very limited information about pool for entry level players (which Q has already seemed to bash in this thread) I remember how hard it was to post an opinion on this board without all these stuck up, know it all jerks (Q-guy being one of them) taking a good little piece of advice and turn it into something that would make me never want to post here again... I say good riddance to you pool guy.. at least the people here now are a lot more accepting and friendly.. something the old posters lacked greatly. <hr></blockquote>

i dont know what the old days were like but found cue guy's post to be very negative.i like the people here, enjoy reading the posts i am interested in and skipping the threads i am not interested in.not angry from being a control freak and wanting to control everything and everybody going on here.

to queguy: keep it simple, take what you want and leave the rest.

bluewolf

bluewolf
09-09-2002, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Vagabond:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Hi NAZ,
vagabond &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Wu tang Clan old dirty bastard use to say that... he was Broolkyn and wisely thinks that ppl from brooklyn Rule, for a rapper he sure is right lol

got a new tag line now have to switch around from time to time... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

yeah NAZ i have to change my tag line from time to time.i have endless quotes running aroung in my head.ever see this bumper sticker 'i am schizoprenic and so am I'
on a more enlightening note 'minds are like parachutes,they only work when they are open'

Laura

Vagabond
09-09-2002, 07:16 AM
Hi nAz,
Your response added more cofusion.Your line talked about food chain--that is what needs to be clarified.thanks
Vagabond

Fred Agnir
09-09-2002, 08:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> The Forum has become a CHAT ROOM, with stupid VALLEY GIRL "filler conversational" posts. These "filler poster's" are lonely &amp; idle. Most are probably unemployed want-to-be 5's with simple mentalities for anything... but this is a free CHAT ROOM &amp; everyone is invited to the party. <hr></blockquote>
I think this is the problem. This is not a chat room. It's not supposed to be a chat room. They have chat rooms that are supposed to be chat rooms.

For a forum that is sort of like a chat room for pool players, alt.sport.pool on USENET is about as mindless as it gets.

Fred &lt;~~~ mindless member, alt.sport.pool

09-09-2002, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Paul_Mon:</font><hr> Like many others who have responded I also have become a lurker. There was a time when I first found this forum when 8 posts per day were normal. Some of the posters seem to think that they must post or reply to every thread. In a way the new format promotes this by tallying posts.

<hr></blockquote>

paul, you make a goodpoint about the counter. some ditz makes a post then 112 posts later, the view count is 3000 and the ditz thinks they are a star. used to be that the view counts went to the individual posts and it was pretty clear who was being read and who wasn't. that tended to discourage the unreadable.

overall, i'm reading maybe 5% of the posts and posting maybe a couple of times a week. the latter is probably beneficial to the board.

dan

Fran Crimi
09-10-2002, 07:38 AM
I remember a time way back when, when I knew as little about the goings on in the pool world as many of the posters here. I guess one of the big differences between myself at that time and them now, is that I kept my mouth shut and listened and learned before I started blabbing mindless opinions about things I had no clue about.

I've come to know the identity of several of these posters, in some cases they've been pointed out to me by others, and I can say that when it comes to knowledge of the game, they are totally clueless, and when it comes to the inner workings of the sport, as with politics, they are too busy expressing their opinions rather than researching the facts.

My philosophy for myself has always been to learn first, then talk later.

Fran

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I remember a time way back when, when I knew as little about the goings on in the pool world as many of the posters here. I guess one of the big differences between myself at that time and them now, is that I kept my mouth shut and listened and learned before I started blabbing mindless opinions about things I had no clue about.

I've come to know the identity of several of these posters, in some cases they've been pointed out to me by others, and I can say that when it comes to knowledge of the game, they are totally clueless, and when it comes to the inner workings of the sport, as with politics, they are too busy expressing their opinions rather than researching the facts.

Fran <hr></blockquote>

yeah the shutup and listen way obviously worked for you as i see you are a very good player.

i learn by reading and by asking questions if i dont know something.

all opinions are limited by experience.

bw

Fran Crimi
09-10-2002, 08:04 AM
Well, you'd be surprised how much you can learn by listening and observing. I found that a lot of my questions were answered without my having to ask them. Sure I asked my share of questions too, but I didn't feel qualified to barrage everyone with opinions about subjects I knew virtually nothing about.

Fran

Vagabond
09-10-2002, 08:14 AM
Howdy Folks,
First amendment allows me to express my IGNORANCE,STUPIDITY and on some occassions ABBUSIVE UTTERENCES. Like a guy who can`t balance his check book and has comments on Reganomics and solutions for National debt. Fran,I am with you.It was good seeing u again.Cheers
Vagabond

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 08:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Well, you'd be surprised how much you can learn by listening and observing. I found that a lot of my questions were answered without my having to ask them. Sure I asked my share of questions too, but I didn't feel qualified to barrage everyone with opinions about subjects I knew virtually nothing about.

Fran <hr></blockquote>

well you are different than me.i cannot learn everything i need to know by listening and watching.i am a right brained person trying to learn a left brained sport. you people that can just watch the game and just get how the cb and ob spins and how they come off the rail and the spin off two rails and how to play the safe i want and still be safe but fulfilling the requirement to not get a foul,you are the lucky ones.

for me to get those concepts i have to ask lots of questions,it is the only way i am going to understand the spin of the balls,the throw and how to compensate, position strategies etc.

and as far as opinions go,if i never put them out there, i will never know if they are on or off the beam. by putting them our there and people disaggreeing or aggreeing with me gives me an opportunity to reflect. 'when i am inside my own head i am behind enemy lines'

and reading here and speaking here keeps me on fire for learning to play pool yeah i am a beginner and have a lot to learn but thanks to the ccb i am an on fire beginner.

even though you are way more advanced in pool than me and i would venture know about things i have never heard of,the fact remains:right brained people learn different than left brained people and extraverts learn different than introverts. and it doesnt take a pool guru to know that!!!

and anybody has a right to not open posts of people they dont like or whom they think have nothing valuable to say.

i am sure some people read my posts and some dont.that is their choice

bw

Fran Crimi
09-10-2002, 08:53 AM
Yup, everyone has opinions, in fact, and as soon as we read or see something, we form an opinion. It's automatic. What I do, is ask myself if I think I know enough of the facts to support my initial opinion or reaction to something. Usually (especially in the early days of my pool playing career) the answer is no, so instead of throwing my opinion out there to be challenged, and to see what others think, I ask a question or do some research until I feel I know enough to speak out.

Fran

Troy
09-10-2002, 08:54 AM
[b]We are born with two ears and two eyes, but only one mouth for a reason !!![/b[

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I remember a time way back when, when I knew as little about the goings on in the pool world as many of the posters here. I guess one of the big differences between myself at that time and them now, is that I kept my mouth shut and listened and learned before I started blabbing mindless opinions about things I had no clue about.

Fran <hr></blockquote>

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 09:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Yup, everyone has opinions, in fact, and as soon as we read or see something, we form an opinion. It's automatic. What I do, is ask myself if I think I know enough of the facts to support my initial opinion or reaction to something. Usually (especially in the early days of my pool playing career) the answer is no, so instead of throwing my opinion out there to be challenged, and to see what others think, I ask a question or do some research until I feel I know enough to speak out.

Fran <hr></blockquote>

sounds like a logical approach.i just figure out my opinions by processing them.it is almost like i dont know what is in my head until i say it or write it.that might sound weird and sometimes i think i know a little about pool but only due to mental concepts and other days i think i know nothing.

like today.i am having to start all over learniing to shoot left handed.i used to shoot occasionally with my left,being somewhat ambidextrous,but now because of physical limitations will have to learn how to use my left most all of the time.and yeah my arm hurts cuz i am not used to it.my stroke is steadier but i have no ball speed control.and i think i would get confused if i tried to use english or kick shots etc. i just hope i wont be a 2 forever.

bluewolf

SPetty
09-10-2002, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Yup, everyone has opinions, in fact, and as soon as we read or see something, we form an opinion. It's automatic. What I do, is ask myself if I think I know enough of the facts to support my initial opinion or reaction to something. Usually (especially in the early days of my pool playing career) the answer is no, so instead of throwing my opinion out there to be challenged, and to see what others think, I ask a question or do some research until I feel I know enough to speak out.

Fran <hr></blockquote>Hi Fran,

Along the same lines (believe it or not), I often start a response to a post, then back out because after thinking about it again, realize that my post is either adding nothing to the mix that wasn't there before, or is simple chat which again adds nothing, or is, well, stupid. You guys don't always need to know everything that pops into my mind as I'm reading these posts. I'm guessing here now, but I betcha you do the same sometimes.

Sid_Vicious
09-10-2002, 11:25 AM
I can't say that I'm surprised where we have come here on this site. The way that the format change, even though it was feverishly opposed by lots of the legacy posters, was shoved upon us with all it's smiley faces and the general "other internet sites" gizmos all of which basically set the stage for where we are today. Whether it is because many of the core posters from "way back when" has either gone away or very seldom post anymore...it just has never been the same since the change. Just maybe the people saturating the CCB now are more realistic as far as the population of players, this could be a good thing, time will tell.

I personally come here as usual, and I enjoy many of those I chat with here. I don't read nearly all the threads, less then half I'd say. Still I'll be here, lurking or posting. I do wish for the good'ol days, and yet am happy with what we have here today, NEW friends...sid

09-10-2002, 11:30 AM

09-10-2002, 12:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Fran Crimi:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Well, you'd be surprised how much you can learn by listening and observing. I found that a lot of my questions were answered without my having to ask them. Sure I asked my share of questions too, but I didn't feel qualified to barrage everyone with opinions about subjects I knew virtually nothing about.

Fran &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Fran, I have said this before in jest about you, bet let's face it for real now. When you were growing up in the world of pool, were you not surrounded by teachers, by men who couldn't wait to show you something? No wonder you never had to ask many questions, and if you did, you weren't bashed over the head for just trying to learn the game. Please, please, please turn off your snotty attitude. <hr></blockquote>

c'mon wolves, if you can't take a little tough love and straight talk here then how in the world can you hope to function in a real pool room? maybe you heard about the n.f.l. player who hurt his left hand but taped his right one 'cause he knew that tape would be a target for the other guys.

and while i'm at it, this stuff of one feining injury while the other circles around to attack from behind does not sit real well with me. take that stuff to private messages and have it out straight on. trying to rally your board friends to attack another poster is pretty lame.

when people get too much into their personal lives and their tender feelings around here it makes me kinda itchy.

it's about pool, dude. chill.

dan

09-10-2002, 12:36 PM
your post fran is one of the most arrogant posts i have ever read..... what people do or say here is quite frankly none of your damn business.... and I for one do not recall you winning any awards for knowing absolutely everything there is to know about pool.... or anything else for that matter.... maybe you should learn before you speak.

09-10-2002, 12:37 PM
what do you mean you are with her????? she just told everyone here who does not know as much as her to shut the hell up..... you posted about the first amendment then tell everyone to shut up too?

09-10-2002, 12:39 PM
you definately wont be getting any fan mail from me fran....and while im at it... SHUT THE HELL UP!

09-10-2002, 12:40 PM
A friggen MEN!

TomBrooklyn
09-10-2002, 12:43 PM
Thank you for your contribution, dOwntOwn. Our next speaker will be....... err, dOwntOwn...

09-10-2002, 12:50 PM
I have always had and I always will have a problem with someone telling me that they must always be right and I must always be wrong because they know more than i do about something Dan..... and there is no way in hell that I am going to let some snot nosed- no better than a male "A" player (FRAN) tell me that we have to sit here, shut up and listen to her just because shes fran crimi....bull crap!

09-10-2002, 12:50 PM

09-10-2002, 12:56 PM
Im sorry fred I didnt realize that a select few of you get to pick waht is allowed to be posted here and what isnt... next time i will ask you before i post if its ok. NOT!

Wally_in_Cincy
09-10-2002, 01:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> your post fran is one of the most arrogant posts i have ever read..... <hr></blockquote>

You obviously do not read your own posts...LOL

9 Ball Girl
09-10-2002, 01:28 PM
Sigh. Here goes.

I have to salute d0wnt0wn's posts for having the cohones to post what I've been hearing about Fran from several well known players for quite a while now. I make my own judgements from when I actually meet the person and although I personally do not know Fran, I'm sure that she is a cool person outside of the pool world (boating story with Carol /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif ). But based on what I've heard, I think Bluewolf has gotten a taste (bitter no less) from our resident ProPlayer.

Wendy~~JMO

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 02:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

c'mon wolves, if you can't take a little tough love and straight talk here then how in the world can you hope to function in a real pool room? maybe you heard about the n.f.l. player who hurt his left hand but taped his right one 'cause he knew that tape would be a target for the other guys.

and while i'm at it, this stuff of one feining injury while the other circles around to attack from behind does not sit real well with me. take that stuff to private messages and have it out straight on. trying to rally your board friends to attack another poster is pretty lame.

when people get too much into their personal lives and their tender feelings around here it makes me kinda itchy.

it's about pool, dude. chill.

dan &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote

I have been in quite a few poolrooms,thankyou very much. And I did not ask whitewolf or anybody else to defend me. I decided to not have a dukeout because the things stated by fran were too stupid to respond to and if others thought as she did, I might as well leave.

bw

Fred Agnir
09-10-2002, 02:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Im sorry fred I didnt realize that a select few of you get to pick waht is allowed to be posted here and what isnt... next time i will ask you before i post if its ok. NOT! <hr></blockquote>
If you or anyone else hasn't realize that this isn't a chat room but instead a board forum, then that's too bad. Why would you want to make this something that it's not, when there are several pool-related chat rooms already in existence? Could it be because you simply enjoy being a pain in the ass?

Fred

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 03:34 PM
c'mon wolves, if you can't take a little tough love and straight talk here then how in the world can you hope to function in a real pool room?....

dan <hr></blockquote>

this post is looney tunes.me never been in a pool room ROTFLMAO

being insulted in a REAL pool room would be to my distinct advantage.kind of hard give em a good ole ax kick in email insults.

i would much rather be insulted in person and get physical!!!

bw

09-10-2002, 06:43 PM
Please show me fred where it states that every post MUST be pool related... just because its not the way you like it does not mean its wrong.. something you and others here FRAN!!!! need to learn a little something about.... just becaue your educated fred does not mean your smart.

Rod
09-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Quote bw, "the fact remains:right brained people learn different than left brained people and extraverts learn different than introverts. and it doesnt take a pool guru to know that!!!"

Do tell me who it is that should know that. Perhaps it is me since I teach. How would I go about teaching a left brain or a right brained individual? Will they know which side of their brain they use? I don't, I thought I used both sides. I play pool well either right or left handed but I am better with my right hand. The problem is they still won't let me play in lower rated tournaments in spite of my brain knows more than my left hand does.

If you will what are the differences? I could form an opinion on something I don't know a thing about, but I doubt anyone would care to listen, it might get a good laugh though.

Elvis
09-10-2002, 11:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>ROTFLMAO

Sorry, don't mean to interrupt this conversation....but what does ROTFLMAO mean? Not doing this to be sarcastic or anything but I honestly don't know and I see it alot. Thank you, thank you very much...

MikeM
09-10-2002, 11:07 PM
Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off

MM

Bob C
09-11-2002, 12:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Elvis:</font><hr>

Sorry, don't mean to interrupt this conversation....but what does ROTFLMAO mean? Not doing this to be sarcastic or anything but I honestly don't know and I see it alot. Thank you, thank you very much... <hr></blockquote>

This site has most of the abbreviations used on Internet boards or in chat rooms:

http://www.gurlfriends.com/common/acronyms.html

09-11-2002, 12:54 AM
chat room: fast reply and quick interchange on who cares what.

bulletin board: your considered thoughts on the subject, open for debate.

dan

09-11-2002, 02:56 AM
thats really great that you can make that distinction between the two like that dan..... but you are not everyone that posts here..... to me a message board is nothing more than a chat room that I can read the answers to my questions or thoughts many hours later. noone here has the right to say what must and must not be posted here... fact is that most of the people that come here are pool players.... sometimes they talk about pool sometimes they talk about what color nail polish they have on that day... noone has the right to say that they cant talk about nail polish.... but you definately have the right to skip over it and not read it.... I dont post as much because there are not many posts that i want to add to nowadays..... thats mostly because most of the stuffed up jerks that used to post here have left and i actually enjoy most of the people here so i have no reason to make any of my normally argumentative posts. this isnt a fire hydrant dan you cant pee on it and claim it as yours.

bluewolf
09-11-2002, 06:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Elvis:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: bluewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;ROTFLMAO

Sorry, don't mean to interrupt this conversation....but what does ROTFLMAO mean? Not doing this to be sarcastic or anything but I honestly don't know and I see it alot. Thank you, thank you very much... <hr></blockquote>

rolling on the floor laughing my a** off

bw

bluewolf
09-11-2002, 06:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Quote bw, "the fact remains:right brained people learn different than left brained people and extraverts learn different than introverts. and it doesnt take a pool guru to know that!!!"

Do tell me who it is that should know that. Perhaps it is me since I teach. How would I go about teaching a left brain or a right brained individual? Will they know which side of their brain they use? I don't, I thought I used both sides. I play pool well either right or left handed but I am better with my right hand. The problem is they still won't let me play in lower rated tournaments in spite of my brain knows more than my left hand does.

If you will what are the differences? I could form an opinion on something I don't know a thing about, but I doubt anyone would care to listen, it might get a good laugh though. <hr></blockquote>

well i guess not everybody knows. most teachers teach left brained.there are a few brilliant teachers who teach to all kind of learners. maybe you are one.everyone uses both sides of the brain to one degree or another.the degree matters a lot but a person still tends to be one way or another,even when the other side is developed.

it would be difficult to go into sufficient detail here in this forum and since they see the world in different ways,it is hard for one to totally understand the other,even though a person may give their best effort to understand and be supportive.

bw

bluewolf
09-11-2002, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Please show me fred where it states that every post MUST be pool related... just because its not the way you like it does not mean its wrong.. something you and others here FRAN!!!! need to learn a little something about.... just becaue your educated fred does not mean your smart. <hr></blockquote>

i ditto that. i have met some dumb lawyers,dumb vets,dumb doctors,dumb teachers...otoh i have met some very smart people working menial jobs...often they were brilliant and non conventional to wade though all the beaurocratic,yes man,be a robotic bs required to get a college degree.

bw

Bob_in_Cincy
09-11-2002, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Please show me fred where it states that every post MUST be pool related... just because its not the way you like it does not mean its wrong.. something you and others here FRAN!!!! need to learn a little something about.... just becaue your educated fred does not mean your smart. <hr></blockquote>

We have met the enemy and they is us" - Pogo

09-11-2002, 12:00 PM
I have something to say about Reaganomics! We're suffering from it right now! /webbbs/images/icons/laugh.gif

09-11-2002, 05:55 PM
WELL, I MAY NOT AGREE WITH YOUR BUMBER STICKER - BUT I WILL DEFEND TO DEATH YOUR RIGHT TO STICK IT. - HOWARD

09-12-2002, 12:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CASE GAME HOWARD:</font><hr> WELL, I MAY NOT AGREE WITH YOUR BUMBER STICKER - BUT I WILL DEFEND TO DEATH YOUR RIGHT TO STICK IT. - HOWARD <hr></blockquote>

whose death???

thank you patrick, and by the way, it's one if by land and two if by sea.

pass it on.

dan

09-12-2002, 12:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Q-guy:</font><hr> Well, almost had some interesting threads today, then someone resurrected the long gone IQ thread and it began getting posts. One post was to say they did not know what they were posting to, keeping it alive even longer. Voodoo has the right idea. There is very little Fran, and almost no Fels any more. Topics are getting shoved down the board without even one response, you can't even find them. The truth is, The level of the board has been dumbed down to the point of being mind numbing........................................... .............................................

well, ollie, take a look at the thread you started. that's another fine kettle of fish you've gotten us into.

dan