PDA

View Full Version : Thank you President Obama

sack316
01-12-2011, 08:24 PM
The Tucson Memorial Service speech was absolutely flawless. The perfect words at the perfect time. That was so compassionate, sincere, and full of hope and wonderful sentiments. I hope everyone has a chance to watch it or read the transcripts, as it truly slowed down everything put it all into a proper perspective for ALL Americans.

Kudos President Obama, and thank you.

Sack

Sev
01-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Missed it.
Was watching Burn Notice.

I'll have to catch it on youtube.

llotter
01-13-2011, 01:23 AM
political opportunism to the tenth level.

Sev
01-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Could be.
2012 is coming and the last thing from a strategy point would be to make a gaff in a circumstance such as this.

Gayle in MD
01-13-2011, 10:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Tucson Memorial Service speech was absolutely flawless. The perfect words at the perfect time. That was so compassionate, sincere, and full of hope and wonderful sentiments. I hope everyone has a chance to watch it or read the transcripts, as it truly slowed down everything put it all into a proper perspective for ALL Americans.

Kudos President Obama, and thank you.

Sack </div></div>

Kudos to you, Sack, for your fine post. And, as I undertand it, the President wrote his speech, himself.

I, too, have been inspired by the President's words, last night.

After days of sitting here crying my eyes out, his words really touched me, and I believe, most Americans.

Also, I'd like to say, I'm sure we've all met people as we go through our lives, who are filled with warmth and compassion, and whose goodness, kindness, and honor, just shines through them like a beacon.

This is the kind of person that Gabby Giffords truly is.

I have a feeling that if an adorable little girl, Christina Green, who was born on 9/11/01, only nine years old, yet lost her life, struck down in such a senseless act, could have been spared, she would have grown up to be another of those rare individuals, just like Gabby.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"We know that silence equals consent when atrocities are committed
against innocent men, women and children. We know that indifference
equals complicity when bigotry, hatred and intolerance are allowed to
take root. And we know that education and hope are the most effective
ways to combat ignorance and despair." ~ Gabrielle Giffords
</div></div>

Sev
01-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Well Beohner was very emotional as well. I hope we can expect you not to put forth any further attacks on him about it.

Sev
01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Well it appears that Governor Brewer was boo at the event.
Kind of inappropriate dont you think?

Deeman3
01-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Nice ceremony with little political posturing so I enjoyed the participation of all who took part.

I agree that little girl was the most tragic part and her parents showed great grace in light of the pain they must be feeling.

Sev
01-13-2011, 07:59 PM
I am hearing reports that it had the atmosphere of a pep rally rather than a wake.

Ala Paul Welstone.

LWW
01-14-2011, 01:31 AM
If Obama meant what he said ... why did he congratulkate the sheriff for doing a good job when his job performance so far has consisted of refusing to protect the citizenry from this monster and propagating the hate speech he claims to be against?

LWW

Qtec
01-14-2011, 01:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am hearing reports that it had the atmosphere of a pep rally rather than a wake.

Ala Paul Welstone. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"They Couldn't Help It":<span style='font-size: 20pt'> Right-Wing Media Strain To Find Ways To Attack Obama's Memorial Speech </span></div></div>

Q

Sev
01-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Well if he were sincere why didnt he go to Fort Hood?

Perhaps the packaging was wrong. After all they were only US soldiers.