PDA

View Full Version : Scary news today

eg8r
01-12-2011, 08:40 PM
I just found out that a close friend of mine will be headed back to Ashcanistan for yet another 1 year stint (actually 6 months in the city). He is a special forces Marine and they get asked to do the dirty stuff no one else wants to do but he is a brave American patriot and does his job well. It appears that he has a few months before he is being sent over and we are praying things change and he will not be sent. He was one year away from not having to ever go again but that all changed this past week.

Keep him and the rest of our soldiers in your prayers. On his last tour in Iraq the convoy that he was inserted into hit an IED and he was in a coma for close to a week. It has been 3 years since that happened and he has been back over there on special missions about 10 times since (short missions to go in, do something and get back out). This will be the first time since the bomb exploded on his truck that he will be staying a full 6 months.

eg8r

Deeman3
01-12-2011, 09:09 PM
God bless him and keep him safe.

Sev
01-12-2011, 09:12 PM
I hope he stays as safe as such deployment allows.

eg8r
01-12-2011, 10:47 PM
We are never at liberty to know what he does when they call him up and give him a week at most to get his affairs in line, and head out only to return in 3 weeks or so after some big headlines happen on the news but this time it is going to be different. He has spent the past year as a trainer for special forces and for the FBI spending countless days/months up in Quantico so we were hoping this would just be an extension but it turns out things aren't going to well in a certain part of Ashcanistan and instead of sending his team/group/whatever to help or support, they are being sent in to take over completely. He will be stuck in the heat of battle for 6 months and a safety zone, according to him, is not as readily available.

One thing is for sure, Marines are crazy but the Special Forces guys are really a different breed.

eg8r

LWW
01-13-2011, 04:28 AM
The prayers of a grateful nation are with him.

LWW

Sev
01-13-2011, 07:39 AM
These guys are good at their job and know how to survive.
I hope him and his team return home safe and in 1 piece