PDA

View Full Version : PRESIDENT COOL SAYS CHILL!

eg8r
01-12-2011, 08:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Summoning the soul of a nation, President Barack Obama on Wednesday implored Americans to honor those slain and injured in the Arizona shootings by becoming better people, telling a polarized citizenry that it is time to talk with each other "in a way that heals, not in a way wounds."</div></div>These are very wise words and ones that I forget too often. It is strange how things work out and how God works in my life. Not getting preachy here but this week I said some things that, although very true, were very hurtful to the person. In youth tonight the youth pastor was talking to the kids about Ephesians 4:29. It definitely struck a chord with me. Then when I got home I was reading Drudgereport and came across this article.

There have definitely been a lot of stuff said about this tragic event and in the end it comes out that it was no more than a guy completely out of his mind. It had nothing to do with politics yet that was the first thing that the media started broadcasting. I am with the President on this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I believe we can be better," Obama said to a capacity crowd in the university's basketball arena and to countless others watching around the country. "Those who died here, those who saved lives here they help me believe. We may not be able to stop all evil in the world, but I know that how we treat one another is entirely up to us."</div></div>I don't know if these are his words or if someone wrote it for him but I agree with them 100% and I appreciate him saying them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot_obama

eg8r

Sev
01-13-2011, 08:03 AM
My understanding is the president struck the right tone.
We will see what happens once back in Washington. He pivots quite often.