PDA

View Full Version : NFL Divisional Playoff round

sack316
01-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Well last week was a pretty good week... 3 out of 4 on the NFL games and a win taking the very obvious under in the BCS title game (WAR DAMN EAGLE!). This weeks NFL games are a little tougher for me, but here goes anyway:

Baltimore at Pittsburgh (-3): This one is tough, two strong defenses butting heads. For me this one comes down to Polamalu and what kind of shape he is in. The guy is THAT good that he can be the difference maker. I hate giving up points in low scoring games, but the Steelers are at home, Polamalu is expected to play, and they had some rest. Sometimes rest=rust, but Pitt is disciplined enough that I think they are ready. Taking the Steelers.

Green Bay at Atlanta (-2.5): Atlanta was very quietly one of the top teams all season. Green Bay is arguably the hottest team out there, and probably the most dangerous low seed ever. Everything logical in me wants to take GB and the points... but for some reason I'm just feeling a little slip here this week, maybe a let down and some fatigue from the last few weeks. Atlanta has a lot of pieces, plays as a team, and has the best young QB in the league. It will be tough sledding against the monstrous Packer defense... but for some reason I'm thinking the dirty bird will fly. Taking the Falcons to win a close one at home.

Seattle at Chicago (-10): I really really really hate double digit spreads in the NFL. But I'm thinking the clock strikes midnight for Cinderella in Chi-town this weekend. We won't see the Bears blowing coverage like NO did last week. We won't see Lynch breaking 8 or 9 tackles on one run. The only question is Cutler. Will he be reigned in and play a controlled game? it'll be tough for Martz to make a gameplan like that, but I think he will. Going against my norm I'm giving up the double digits and taking Da Bears to win big.

NY Jets at New England (-8.5): Another big spread I don't like, especially against a well respected Rex Ryan defense. but I can't ignore what the Pats did to them not too long ago. I think NY fights hard and brings all they got, but the Pats really asserted themselves as the best team in the league this year and don't think they will be fooling around this week. I simply don't think NY has enough firepower to score much against New England, nor do I think anyone has enough defense to stop the Pats offense. In a rare occurrence, I'm taking the favorite in all games this week... Pats take this one too.

My confidence level isn't as high in these ones as it was last week.

Sack

eg8r
01-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Alright, shooting from the hip again...

Pitt over Balt. I think Big Ben will pull this one out.

Atl over GB. Atl at home is hard to bet against this year.

Chicago over Seattle. This one is basically a crap shoot for me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

New England over NYJ. I hate the Jets more than I hate NE and Brady is on fire.

eg8r <~~~Always high confidence level /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sev
01-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Jets!! Jets!! Jets!!!

pooltchr
01-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, you both picked the same winners in all 4, and I have to agree with all 4 picks.....but I also expect one upset...just not sure which one it will be, but Seattle looked pretty strong last weekend...as did the Pack.

Steve

Sev
01-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Somebody has got to back the Jets.

Sev
01-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Jetts are leading in the 3rd quarter.

Lets hope they dont turn into the Giants in the forth.