PDA

View Full Version : Want to see one misled by political hate rhetoric?

LWW
01-16-2011, 04:10 AM
This is what happens to a subset of the far left when their minds are deluged with the non stop bleating of "P-P-P-PALIN C-C-C-CAUSED THIS!!!!" ... "THE T-T-T-TEA P-P-P-PARTY C-C-C-CAUSED THIS!!!!" ... "R-R-R-REPUBLICANS C-C-C-CAUSED THIS!!!!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TUCSON, Ariz. A Tucson mass shooting victim was taken into custody Saturday after yelling "you're dead" at a Tea Party spokesman during the taping of an ABC-TV town hall event hosted by Christianne Amanpour.
The Pima County Sheriff's Office said J. Eric Fuller, 63, was involuntarily committed to an undisclosed medical facility, NBC News reported. The Associated Press said he was undergoing a psychiatric evaluation. </div></div>

The point of this isn't to exonerate this lunatic as only he opened his mouth ... but it is an effort to show that the far left helps create the monsters it claims to fear.

LWW

Sev
01-16-2011, 07:03 AM
More unintended consequences.
But are they really unintended?

LWW
01-16-2011, 11:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More unintended consequences.
But are they really unintended? </div></div>

According to Snoopy and Gee's logic there is a direct connection.

Sev
01-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Ahhhhhhh. The progressive connection. Indeed.

Soflasnapper
01-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Uh, the man was SHOT.

So, a realistic fear of death, a brush with death, and the guy gets enraged? Isn't that to be expected?

Was the TP official the guy who said the Congresswoman 'deserved' to be shot because she had so little security?

Soflasnapper
01-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Yes, in fact, it WAS the very TP spokesperson who said that.

I should think that anyone close to the Congresswoman would go into a blind rage at such a comment, and commit actual assault and battery as a result.

I do not support nor excuse assault and battery (although there may be mitigating circumstances related to the proper level of punishment), and PTSD is one such circumstance, IMO.

LWW
01-17-2011, 01:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, in fact, it WAS the very TP spokesperson who said that.

I should think that anyone close to the Congresswoman would go into a blind rage at such a comment, and commit actual assault and battery as a result.

I do not support nor excuse assault and battery (although there may be mitigating circumstances related to the proper level of punishment), and PTSD is one such circumstance, IMO. </div></div>

Odd how you "do not support nor excuse assault and battery" yet excuse it in the same post.

LWW

Stretch
01-17-2011, 05:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, in fact, it WAS the very TP spokesperson who said that.

I do not support nor excuse assault and battery (although there may be mitigating circumstances related to the proper level of punishment), and PTSD is one such circumstance, IMO. </div></div>

Odd how you "do not support nor excuse assault and battery" yet excuse it in the same post.

LWW </div></div>

Not odd at all since he clearly stated that mitigating circumstances could alter his support. It's quite a reasonable position. St.

Qtec
01-17-2011, 05:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It did, toward the end, with Amanpour leading a discussion on a very touchy but obvious topic: gun control.

That's where the atmosphere turned tense. When Tucson Tea Party founder Trent Humphries rose to suggest that any conversation about gun control should be put off until after the funerals for all the victims, witnesses say Fuller became agitated. Two told KGUN9 News that finally, Fuller took a picture of Humphries, and said, "You're dead." </div></div>

Fuller knew this was BS. The gun lobby don't want any debate on guns. This guy didn't care about the dead, he was doing his job that the gun lobby paid him to do. Stifle any real debate on guns.
No wonder Fuller got upset.

Q

LWW
01-17-2011, 06:19 AM
So you excuse leftist hate speech.

Whoodathunkit?

LWW

Sev
01-17-2011, 09:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh, the man was SHOT.

So, a realistic fear of death, a brush with death, and the guy gets enraged? Isn't that to be expected?

Was the TP official the guy who said the Congresswoman 'deserved' to be shot because she had so little security? </div></div>

He was shot. Yes. The question is why did he go directly for a Tea Party spokesman.

The media perchance?? Hmmmmmm?

Soflasnapper
01-18-2011, 10:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Odd how you "do not support nor excuse assault and battery" yet excuse it in the same post.

LWW </div></div>

No, I think it's wrong and should be punished. What the punishment should be depends on aggravating and mitigating factors, as is normally the case. Look into these judicial concepts, and you will learn what they're all about.

These factors on both ends are routinely considered in the sentencing phase.

Qtec
01-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Seeing things in context is not one one his strong points.

Q

Sev
01-19-2011, 06:31 AM
I'm reasonably sure any charges that have been made will be dropped considering the circumstances.