PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann lies again!

LWW
01-16-2011, 12:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OLBERERMANN: You'll notice the AZ shooter was stopped by unarmed individuals. Last time a vigilante stopped an event like this?

RYUSURE: Uh, check again Mr. Perfect. One of the men who subdued Loughner was carrying. He said so on (uh-oh) Fox News! LOL. </div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://www.olbermannwatch.com/)

LWW

LWW
01-16-2011, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JAMES B: Remember the movie "Death of a President" glamorizing Bush's death? Pot, meet kettle.

OLBERMANN: I was opposed to that at the time.

OLBERMANN: Condemned that movie at the time of it's [sic] release.

Hmmm...maybe he condemned it to his barber, or to the last girlfriend to dump him, but there doesn't seem to be any record of it on msnbc:

http://www.olbermannwatch.com/images/olbydeathlie.jpg
</div></div>

OH MY! (http://www.olbermannwatch.com/)

LWW

LWW
01-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Bias? What bias?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The infamous, deplorable Keith Olbermann runs Countdown like Radio North Korea. In other words, the full spectrum of opinion: everything from A to B. As for the month of November, submitted for your approval, The Chart:

http://www.olbermannwatch.com/images/guests1011.jpg

November Fun Facts:

The Democratic pol with the most visits: Anthony Weiner.
The most appearances by a lefty/progressive Olbermann parrot: a three way tie between David 'Children of the' Corn, Ezra 'The K' Klein, and winner of the Rachel Maddow Look-Alike Contest, Chris Hayes.
The most-used pundit categorized as 'independent' turns out to be HuffPo Hack Howard Not-So-Fineman, with Richard The Wolffe Man coming in second.
Don't even bother looking for Republican or conservative guests; as usual, they are barred from OlbyAir.</div></div>

GOOD GOSH! (http://www.olbermannwatch.com/)

LWW

Sev
01-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Ohhhh the denials will be fierce.

Soflasnapper
01-16-2011, 07:58 PM
There were (at least) two men there with guns, but I'm not sure either of them 'stopped' the shooter. Actually, I'm certain the SECOND man didn't stop the shooter, because by his own statement, he got there after the man had been disarmed, was being held down already, and instead almost shot the OTHER man who was standing there with his handgun drawn.

As we know, somebody clocked the shooter upside his head with a folding chair and then they bum-rushed him. Arguably, the first guy with the gun probably didn't 'stop' the shooter, either, since the people that did stop him were on the ground grappling with him, and this man was standing up having drawn his weapon.

Maybe he FIRST was a wrestler, and then stood up to draw the weapon, but that doesn't seem part of the story. Please correct me if you know differently.

Now, maybe you'd argue that HAVING a gun made the first man brave enough to tackle the man, but I don't know that he EVER laid hands on him, or that the drawn weapon is what 'stopped' the shooter.

Now, while I like KO's show well enough, it's fairly clear he's also a blowhard who is full of himself, and that he's neither any kind of expert nor genius nor light of the world to liberals. I took extreme offense at his Obamamania leading him to scurrilously attack HRC and BC as racists, and found him unwatchable when he was pushing that line (and calling for HRC to go in a room and not come out, which he just apologized for this past week).

Bob Somersby's actual liberal site, The Daily Howler, is very critical of KO and RM as circus side show frauds who HARM the case of liberalism. I wouldn't go quite that far, but there is something to that. (RM says she's an Eisenhower Republican, btw).

LWW
01-17-2011, 12:51 AM
You called it.

The knee jerk leftist defense is "Just because he lied doesn't mean he lied!"

LWW

Sev
01-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Hopefully calmer heads will rule as we move further away from the event.
New legislation is bad enough.
But faulty legislation base on high emotions of the moment are another matter entirely.

shape
01-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Soflasnapper,
Who are HRC, BC, and RM?

Qtec
01-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Hillary Clinton , Bill Clinton and R Maddow is my guess.

Q

LWW
01-18-2011, 03:18 AM
Thanks for starting a new thread on Olbermann lies.

LWW

Qtec
01-18-2011, 05:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You called it. </div></div>

No YOU called it. YOU are the one making a baseless accusation.

You are a rumour queen. An old fishwife that wants to make trouble.

Q

Lets not forget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and instead <span style='font-size: 17pt'>almost shot the OTHER man who was standing there with his handgun drawn.</span> </div></div>

LWW
01-18-2011, 05:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You called it. </div></div>

No YOU called it. YOU are the one making a baseless accusation.</div></div>

What baseless accusation was that?

LWW

LWW
01-18-2011, 05:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Lets not forget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and instead <span style='font-size: 17pt'>almost shot the OTHER man who was standing there with his handgun drawn.</span> </div></div> </div></div>

So, the guy behaved sensibly and appropriately and assessed all risks before taking action ... and this disturbs you?

Perhaps you might wish to contemplate why?

LWW

Sev
01-18-2011, 07:24 AM
He will probably be charged an assessment fee for this.