PDA

View Full Version : Was he left-wing, or right-wing?

Soflasnapper
01-17-2011, 03:51 PM
No, not Loughner, sillies-- Arthur Bremer, who shot and tried to kill George Wallace.

This was a question asked, answered, and tape recorded in the Oval Office, now known to us from the Nixon tapes.

After the shooting, there was discussion at the highest levels of the WH, including Nixon. The question, was he left-wing, or right-wing?, was asked in that discussion.

The answer?

"Left-wing, when we get through with him."

Nixon had E. Howard Hunt go to Bremer's apartment, arriving before police (hmmm?), to plant campaign materials from Democrats to portray his motivations as those of a partisan Democrat or liberal.

There is an unbroken chain from before Nixon (recruited and hired to run for Congress by Prescott Bush, the scion of the family) through GHW Bush through Lee Atwater through GW Bush through Karl Rove, and that chain used to be called 'dirty tricks.'

Karl's specialty was to take his own candidate's worst vulnerability, and make it the topic of attacks on the OPPONENT, to hide this vulnerability. His methods included planting a listening device in his own candidate then-Texas Gov. White's offices (I think it was White), to blame it on his opponent. That one was a bit too transparent, and really didn't work.

But are we sometimes fed a line of bull that misleads as to what really happened, for partisan political purposes? Sure, as we know from the past, and likely it continues into the present. Why wouldn't it, if it's effective?

Soflasnapper
01-17-2011, 03:57 PM
And for the implication here, I cite Steve Benen from the Washington Monthly:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> One of the stranger pundit reactions to the tragedy in Tucson comes by way of the New York Times's Charles Blow, whose disappointing column this weekend was largely inexplicable.

Tragedy in Tucson. Six Dead. Democratic congresswoman shot in the head at rally.

Immediately after the news broke, the air became thick with conjecture, speculation and innuendo. There was a giddy, almost punch-drunk excitement on the left. The prophecy had been fulfilled: "words have consequences." And now, the right's rhetorical chickens had finally come home to roost.

Seriously? Blow perceives liberals as being "giddy" about a mad gunman trying to assassinate a Democratic congresswoman and massacring six people? Blow found "punch-drunk excitement" that came "immediately" after the violence?

I haven't the foggiest idea what Blow is referring to. I'd gladly consider the merit of his examples, but he doesn't offer any. Blow simply asserts his interpretation as fact: the "giddy" left launched "a full-fledged witch hunt to link the shooter to the right." It's true, apparently, because Charles Blow says so.

(Ironically, within hours of the violence, there was an aggressive effort among conservative activists to tie the shooter to the left, a push that included GOP members of Congress. Blow somehow missed this, en route to getting his argument backwards.)

Blow went on to argue that "Democrats" ended up "nurturing a false equivalence within the body politic." There were plenty of false equivalences this past week, but blaming Dems for them strikes me as pretty silly.

The great irony of Blow's column is his emphasis on supporting one's assumptions with "evidence." He argued, "[P]otential, possibility and even plausibility are not proof." Those who hope to "score political points," Blow added, did so "in the absence of proof."

The problem, of course, is that Blow is guilty of his own allegations. He sees a "giddy" left, where none existed. He sees "punch-drunk excitement" among liberals on a "witch hunt," but offers literally nothing by way of support.

Mr. Blow, there may have been a "potential, possibility and even plausibility" that some liberals would act irresponsibly in the wake of the tragedy, but "in the absence of proof," this column is a careless mess.</div></div>

pooltchr
01-17-2011, 03:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
But are we sometimes fed a line of bull that misleads as to what really happened, for partisan political purposes? Sure, as we know from the past, and likely it continues into the present. Why wouldn't it, if it's effective?

</div></div>

Surely you aren't suggesting that politicians might try to mislead the public in order to promote their own agendas!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Steve

Soflasnapper
01-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Just a gift for stating the obvious, I guess!

LWW
01-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Got a link for that?

Seems like I remember that as part of the movie "NIXON"

LWW

Sev
01-18-2011, 06:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a gift for stating the obvious, I guess! </div></div>

Stating the obvious is not only a gift but can be an art form when applied properly.

Soflasnapper
01-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Surely you aren't suggesting that politicians might try to mislead the public in order to promote their own agendas!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Steve [/quote]

Actually, it's more. This shows that a politician would be willing to have crimes committed-- breaking and entering, tampering with a crime scene, obstruction of justice, constructive libel-- to make a political point.

I just read this from Nixon tape transcripts, and it would readily pop up if the terms are searched on.

LWW
01-18-2011, 11:32 AM
So I guess you don't have a link to back any of it up?

LWW

Sev
01-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Interestingly enough some evidence surfaced last year that Nixon actually fell on his sword to protect individuals and some of the evidence used against him was contrived by Nixon himself.

Soflasnapper
01-18-2011, 07:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I guess you don't have a link to back any of it up?

LWW </div></div>

Wrong guess.

McAdams discusses the transcript here:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/nixon_hoax.htm

To be fair, the remark was from Colson, speaking to Nixon.

LWW
01-19-2011, 02:06 AM
What is is with leftists not reading their own links.

Nixon's concern was that the moonbat crazy left not get away with pinning the assassination attempt on the right.

LWW

Sev
01-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Of all thing Nixon did I really wish he didnt open up China.
That one has really come back to bite us.

Gayle in MD
01-20-2011, 08:38 AM
We've had Rightwingnutjob after rightwing nutjob, shooting and killing people, too many times, while the Right, immediatety jumps in to deny any connections to their shockjocks, or to the behavior of their own Representatives, and their failure to speak out against the gun threats, and racism.

Such radical dangerous satements and actions, more than evident during several Tea Party marches, one, which I viewed in the flesh, when Republican Leaders applauded and encouraged the gun threats, and racism, as they joined in with their radical elements, and actually waved their own flag, for revolution.

Rove is famous for his lies, and dirty tricks, and has been for decades. I once read about how he broke into his own office, and police didn't buy it.

Beck, Palin, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh, lie and attack daily.

How many more must die before the gun loving radical right will realize their role in these atrocities?

Do they pull the trigger, no, not the actual trigger, but they keep the anger fires burning for their irrational listeners, and foment fears which do not exist, in order to keep the radical listeners fired up.

Here are a few examples, and there are many more...when the right disowns and denies their own radical RW dangerous fringe element, and their method is always the same, to jump in and insist it was a Liberal, which has never been the truth in any of these disastrous, violent shootings.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/jul/28/church-shooting-police-find-manifesto-suspects-car/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Rev. Chris Buice, minister of the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church where a gunman opened fire on the congregation this morning, discusses the state of the church community and church member Greg McKendry who was fatally shot in the incident. Police Chief Sterling Owen, IV and City Mayor Bill Haslam share information with the media.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Police found right-wing political books, brass knuckles, empty shotgun shell boxes and a handgun in the Powell home of a man who said he attacked a church in order to kill liberals "who are ruining the country," court records show.</span>

Knoxville police Sunday evening searched the Levy Drive home of Jim David Adkisson after he allegedly entered the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church and killed two people and wounded six others during the presentation of a children's musical.

Knoxville Police Department Officer Steve Still requested the search warrant after interviewing Adkisson. who was subdued by several church members after firing three rounds from a 12-gauge shotgun into the congregation.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Adkisson targeted the church, Still wrote in the document obtained by WBIR-TV, Channel 10, "because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of media outlets."</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Adkisson told Still that "he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement that he would then target those that had voted them in to office."</span>Adkisson told officers he left the house unlocked for them because "he expected to be killed during the assault."

Inside the house, officers found "Liberalism is a Mental Health Disorder" by radio talk show host Michael Savage, "Let Freedom Ring" by talk show host Sean Hannity, and "The O'Reilly Factor," by television talk show host Bill O'Reilly.

The shotgun-wielding suspect in Sunday's mass shooting at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church was motivated by a hatred of "the liberal movement," and he planned to shoot until police shot him, Knoxville Police Chief Sterling P. Owen IV said this morning.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Adkisson, 58, of Powell wrote a four-page letter in which he stated his "hatred of the liberal movement," Owen said. "Liberals in general, as well as gays."</span>

Adkisson said he also was frustrated about not being able to obtain a job, Owen said.

The letter, recovered from Adkisson's black 2004 Ford Escape, which was parked in the church's parking lot at 2931 Kingston Pike, indicates he had been planning the shooting for about a week.

"He fully expected to be killed by the responding police," the police chief said.

Owen said Adkisson specifically targeted the church for its beliefs, rather than a particular member of the congregation.
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
"It appears that church had received some publicity regarding its liberal stance," the chief said. The church has a "gays welcome" sign and regularly runs announcements in the News Sentinel about meetings of the Parents, Friends and Family of Lesbians and Gays meetings at the church.

Owen said Adkisson's stated hatred of the liberal movement was not necessarily connected to any hostility toward Christianity or religion per say, but rather the political advocacy of the church.</span>

The church's Web site states that it has worked for "desegregation, racial harmony, fair wages, women's rights and gay rights" since the 1950s. Current ministries involve emergency aid for the needy, school tutoring and support for the homeless, as well as a cafe that provides a gathering place for gay and lesbian high-schoolers.

Adkisson does not appear to be a member of any church himself, Owen said.

"In his written statement, he does not ascribe to any affiliation," the chief said. "It does not appear he's a member of any organized group."
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
Officers recovered 76 shells for a 12-gauge, semiautomatic shotgun inside the church. Among those shells were three spent rounds. He had carried the shotgun inside the church in a guitar case, Owen said.</span>"He certainly intended to take a lot of casualties," the chief said.

Adkisson is accused of killing two people and injuring seven others. He is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Greg McKendry, 60. Also killed in the shooting was Linda Kraeger, 61, who was visiting the church from Westside Unitarian Universalist Church.

Injured were Joe Barnhart, 76, and Jack Barnhart, 69, who are brothers; Betty Barnhart, 71; Linda Chavez, 41; John Worth Jr., 68; Tammy Sommers, 38; and Allison Lee, 42. Jack and Joe Barnhart are brothers, and Jack and Betty Barnhart are married.

</div></div>

And this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From The Times
June 11, 2009

White supremacist James W Von Brunn kills guard at Holocaust museum
Tim Reid in Washington
An 88-year-old white supremacist and Holocaust denier opened fire in Washington’s Holocaust Museum yesterday, killing a security guard before being shot in the head.

James W von Brunn, who was convicted in 1983 for running towards the boardroom of Washington’s Federal Reserve building with a shotgun, entered the Holocaust Museum just before 1pm wearing a Confederate hat, and opened fire “indiscriminately” with a long rifle. Witnesses said that he had parked his red car directly outside, displaying a disabled badge.

A guard, named as Stephen Tyrone Johns, was hit and later died of his injuries. Two other security officers at the heavily guarded museum, less than a mile from the White House, hit von Brunn in the head with return fire. He was taken to George Washington University Hospital in a critical condition. Officials said he may not survive.

The shooting, at one of Washington’s most popular tourist destinations - filled with schoolchildren - came after a visit last week by President Obama to the Buchenwald Concentration Camp near Dresden, in Germany. It sparked alarm in the heart of the US capital and caused most of the National Mall to be closed down.

Von Brunn, who claims on his own website to have been a decorated PT-boat captain and lieutenant in the US Navy during World War II, has written a book entitled ‘Kill the Best Gentiles!” According to its preface, its purpose it “to present WHITE YOUTH” with factual information to explain that an “age old CONSPIRACY does exist to destroy Western Civilisation.”

Von Brunn also has a Wikipedia user profile in which he champions the virtues of Western culture and the practice of eugenics. In another article he claims that Holocaust history is destroying Western civilization.

He is clearly a Holocaust denier - a belief decried by Mr Obama during his speech to the Muslim world in Cairo last week. Von Brunn bemoans that “Jews control all important sources of information”, and claims that there is a Jewish conspiracy to destroy the white gene pool. He also wrote: “America is a Third-World racial garbage-dump – stupid, ignorant, dead broke, and terminal. Whites LOVE their Enemies. Prepare to die, Whitey.” One of heroes he cites is World War II Real Admiral John Crommelin, a notorious anti-Semite who later ran for governor of Alabama.

In 1981, von Brunn entered the Federal Reserve in Washington with a shotgun to make a citizens arrest, he later said, to protest about high interest rates. He was sentenced to 11 years in jail.

On his website, he claims he was convicted by a “Negro jury, Jew /Negro attorneys, and sentenced to prison for eleven years by a Jew judge. A Jew/Negro/White Court of Appeals denied his appeal.”

Robert Gibbs, Mr Obama’s White House spokesman, said the president was “saddened” by the attack, had “asked about the condition of the guard, and is obviously concerned for the security guard.”

The Holocaust Museum has had 28 million visitors since it was opened in 1993, including 88 heads of state. It houses exhibits and records relating to the Holocaust more than a half century ago, in which more than six million Jews were murdered by the Nazis. It is well guarded by armed security officers and all visitors have to pass through metal detectors as they enter. The museum was due to be closed tomorrow as a mark of respect to the dead guard.

Cathy Lanier, Washington’s police chief said there had been no prior warning of the attack. Museum officials said the museum was full at the time of the shooting, with at least 2,000 visitors inside.

About this tory, a conversation on Hardball, between Matthews and Jane Walsh:

JOAN WALSH, SALON: Well I wonder too, especially in the wake of the murder of Dr. George Tiller who performed abortions, another, another really unhinged right wing nut job. And, and I want to be very careful here Chris. The only people responsible are the people who pulled the triggers. Unless we find out that these guys had help, that may be a different story. But from what we know now the people responsible are the killers. However I don't think you can deny that there is a rising climate of right wing hate, a lot of it directed at Obama. You and I go way back to the beginning of the campaign and the level of craziness. He's a secret Muslim. He hates America. He wasn't born here. Now this guy, Von Brunn, he's, he, he was one of the birthers. He didn't believe in Obama's birth certificate and he was constantly online agitating about that. There is a very disturbing and disturbed element of political discourse. And I would, I would throw in Rush Limbaugh. Not blaming him, but when you say that our President is more dangerous than al-Qaeda you've gone off into crazy nut job land. You are off the charts crazy. And you are, you are whipping people up. If he's worse than our mortal enemy -- al-Qaeda who killed thousands and thousands of Americans – I don't know where do you go after that? It's awful.

WALSH: Chris can I make a point-

MATTHEWS: Sure.

WALSH: -about the DHS report too, that I think is relevant. Susan [Page] hits the high points. It also says that, you know, the single biggest danger, in their view, are lone wolves and that looks prescient today too. But what, if you look back at the way Janet Napolitano, who didn't even write it, it was commissioned by the Bush, by the Bush White House, if you look back at the way she was vilified, at Rush Limbaugh, and Michelle Malkin and that whole right wing echo chamber acting as though it was now open season on conservatives, they have this incredible capacity-

MATTHEWS: Yeah.

WALSH: -to be shrill, to polarize. And I don't know what happened to that report? It got shelved until today. Susan and I read it. You know I hadn't read it, when it came out. It's very calm.

MATTHEWS: Well let me ask you Sue, we live in a country where it's easier to get your hands on a gun than to get somebody to make you a waffle. It's easy! It is totally easy in this country. We believe in the First Amendment. Our Constitution is protected. The right to bear arms is an individual right, as recently reviewed by the Supreme Court. It's a fact of life. You put together the, the prevalence of guns in this country. The easiness with which someone can engage in gunplay and gun smoke, in this case, where people can be killed it doesn't surprise me. I wonder whether if in a free society violence is always gonna be part of it, if guns are available and people are allowed to walk into places like the Holocaust Museum?

</div></div>

I would add, Bush allowed the limits on these assault style weapons, to lapse. the powerful Gun Lobby, could give a damn about how many Americans are mowed down by the crazies, who, BTW, Bush removed much of the funding which had been set for taking care of these people.

I think we all know which Party is full of White Supremicists, Tax haters, "Birthers" "Gay Bashers" and they would scream to high heaven if they couldn't get the munitions for their assault style weapons, hence their nutjobs can kill and maim human beings at the rate of twenty or more, every fifteen seconds, while they ridiculously deny, the extent of their OWN irrational FEARS.

Why does any civilian need clips for guns that hold thirty bullets which allow for that kind of vicious assault on humanity, on the streets of this country?

What kind of country fails to disarm crazy people with guns strapped on their bodies, in range of our President? At political EVENTS? And some RW states, seeking to allow guns in schools???? Totally insane!

Why does the right immediately jump to argue over things which are obvious, like Palin's rifle sights, Angle, calling for a second amendment solution for a Dem winning over a Repub, aimed at Democratics, Bachmann, calling for Minesotans to be armed and dangerous, all of them using Dog whistle words for guns and violence? Beck? "Poison Nancy Pelosi!" O'Reilly? "Diller the killer" Limbaugh? All of them incite. All of them use the killing words. Worst of all, all of them lie, and get people jacked up over things that do not even exist, hence, peoploe are now supporting the Health Reform, as they finally stagger out fro0m the cloud produced by Republoicans, lying for nearly two years, about what was in it.

As the Democratic stated, when he compared Propaganda<span style='font-size: 14pt'>methods</span> used by irrational dictators, such s Hitler, they think if they lie about it, over and over, everyone will believe them. When it comes to Republican policies, that has been their M.O. since after Eisenhower left. For their supporters, it works very well. Hence, Iraq!

G.

Sev
01-20-2011, 08:55 AM
So Gayle. What were the assassins of American presidents?

Think carefully.

LWW
01-20-2011, 09:41 AM
[quote=Gayle in MD]We've had Rightwingnutjob after rightwing nutjob, shooting and killing people, too many times, while the Right, immediatety jumps in to deny any connections to their shockjocks, or to the behavior of their own Representatives, and their failure to speak out against the gun threats, and racism.

Such radical dangerous satements and actions, more than evident during several Tea Party marches, one, which I viewed in the flesh, when Republican Leaders applauded and encouraged the gun threats, and racism, as they joined in with their radical elements, and actually waved their own flag, for revolution.

Rove is famous for his lies, and dirty tricks, and has been for decades. I once read about how he broke into his own office, and police didn't buy it.

Beck, Palin, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh, lie and attack daily.

How many more must die before the gun loving radical right will realize their role in these atrocities?

Do they pull the trigger, no, not the actual trigger, but they keep the anger fires burning for their irrational listeners, and foment fears which do not exist, in order to keep the radical listeners fired up.

Here are a few examples, and there are many more...<s>when the right disowns and denies their own radical RW dangerous fringe element, and their method is always the same, to jump in and insist it was a Liberal, which has never been the truth in any of these disastrous, violent shootings</s> which have been fed to me on the party spoon but meet absolutely zero of the claimed criteria.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/jul/28/church-shooting-police-find-manifesto-suspects-car/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Rev. Chris Buice, minister of the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church where a gunman opened fire on the congregation this morning, discusses the state of the church community and church member Greg McKendry who was fatally shot in the incident. Police Chief Sterling Owen, IV and City Mayor Bill Haslam share information with the media.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Police found right-wing political books, brass knuckles, empty shotgun shell boxes and a handgun in the Powell home of a man who said he attacked a church in order to kill liberals "who are ruining the country," court records show.</span>

Knoxville police Sunday evening searched the Levy Drive home of Jim David Adkisson after he allegedly entered the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church and killed two people and wounded six others during the presentation of a children's musical.

Knoxville Police Department Officer Steve Still requested the search warrant after interviewing Adkisson. who was subdued by several church members after firing three rounds from a 12-gauge shotgun into the congregation.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Adkisson targeted the church, Still wrote in the document obtained by WBIR-TV, Channel 10, "because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of media outlets."</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Adkisson told Still that "he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement that he would then target those that had voted them in to office."</span>Adkisson told officers he left the house unlocked for them because "he expected to be killed during the assault."

Inside the house, officers found "Liberalism is a Mental Health Disorder" by radio talk show host Michael Savage, "Let Freedom Ring" by talk show host Sean Hannity, and "The O'Reilly Factor," by television talk show host Bill O'Reilly.

The shotgun-wielding suspect in Sunday's mass shooting at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church was motivated by a hatred of "the liberal movement," and he planned to shoot until police shot him, Knoxville Police Chief Sterling P. Owen IV said this morning.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #3333FF">So, by your very flawed logic we can only assume that Al Gore was responsible for the loonabomber and that John Kerry was responsible for the recruiting center shootings/bombings? After all "EARTH IN THE BALANCE" was found in the loonabomber's shack and Kerry said many times that our soldiers were terrorists.</span></span>

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH</div></div>

And this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From The Times
June 11, 2009

White supremacist James W Von Brunn kills guard at Holocaust museum
Tim Reid in Washington
An 88-year-old white supremacist and Holocaust denier opened fire in Washington’s Holocaust Museum yesterday, killing a security guard before being shot in the head.

James W von Brunn, who was convicted in 1983 for running towards the boardroom of Washington’s Federal Reserve building with a shotgun, entered the Holocaust Museum just before 1pm wearing a Confederate hat, and opened fire “indiscriminately” with a long rifle. Witnesses said that he had parked his red car directly outside, displaying a disabled badge.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #3333FF">WOW! Just WOW!

1 - The CSA was headed by lifelong democrook Jefferson Davis.

2 - Hatred of the Jews has been a weapon used by every statist cabal from Herod to Wright-Obama.

3 - James W von Brunn blamed Obama as being a creation of the Jews.

4 - James W von Brunn was another follower of leftist thugocrat Adolf Hitler.

5 - James W von Brunn was yet another moonbat crazy 9/11 troofer.

6 - Hated Bush and McCain.

7 - James W von Brunn is very similar to Jeremiah Wright in his overall belief system ... except Wright blames the Jews and "WHITEY" while James W von Brunn blames the Jews and blacks.</span></span>

G. </div></div>

LWW

Soflasnapper
01-20-2011, 12:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is is with leftists not reading their own links.

Nixon's concern was that the moonbat crazy left not get away with pinning the assassination attempt on the right.

LWW </div></div>

I read the link. In order to prevent linkage to the right (which if that was false, he had a point), he ordered criminal actions to falsely pin it on the left, and to cover it up if it were true that the man had links to the right.

LWW
01-20-2011, 02:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is is with leftists not reading their own links.

LWW </div></div>

I read the link. In order to prevent linkage to the right (which if that was false, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>he had a point), he ordered criminal actions to falsely pin it on the left</span>, and to cover it up if it were true that the man had links to the right. </div></div>

Then you shouldn't have any issue showing the quote where he did that.

LWW

Sev
01-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Here comes J Gordon Liddy.

Soflasnapper
01-22-2011, 03:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interestingly enough some evidence surfaced last year that Nixon actually fell on his sword to protect individuals and some of the evidence used against him was contrived by Nixon himself. </div></div>

That was the plot line of 'Secret Honor,' with a script by Donald Freed, former National Security Advisor's office staffer.

But that movie's quite old by now. What are you referencing happened last year?

LWW
01-23-2011, 06:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is is with leftists not reading their own links.

LWW </div></div>

I read the link. In order to prevent linkage to the right (which if that was false, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>he had a point), he ordered criminal actions to falsely pin it on the left</span>, and to cover it up if it were true that the man had links to the right. </div></div>

Then you shouldn't have any issue showing the quote where he did that.

LWW </div></div>

Yet you do.

LWW

Sev
01-23-2011, 10:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interestingly enough some evidence surfaced last year that Nixon actually fell on his sword to protect individuals and some of the evidence used against him was contrived by Nixon himself. </div></div>

That was the plot line of 'Secret Honor,' with a script by Donald Freed, former National Security Advisor's office staffer.

But that movie's quite old by now. What are you referencing happened last year?
</div></div>

It was a blip that surfaced on the media about 2 years ago now. I never heard anything more about it afterwards.

Soflasnapper
01-23-2011, 03:17 PM
It's right there in the link.

Nixon's discussion with Colson must be taken in context.

Colson had already performed a half-dozen or more black bag jobs on behalf of Nixon. That is what he did, and Nixon knew it. He was going to send E. Howard Hunt to the scene, and Nixon approved, and urged Colson to go forward.

Hunt could do nothing there that wasn't a crime.

If your point is that Nixon did not explicitly say, have Hunt commit obstruction of justice, breaking and entering, tampering with a crime scene, you're right. Because he didn't have to say anything like that explicitly, given Colson's already long-standing role.

But at a minimum, his failure to object, to state Colson's plan ought not to go forward, amounts to misprision of felony.

LWW
01-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Then you shouldn't have any problem posting the quote where this was all said?

Yet you do?

LWW

Sev
01-24-2011, 07:01 AM
There is not doubt that Nixon had his problems. The biggest one was he got caught. Where others didnt.

LWW
01-24-2011, 09:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then you shouldn't have any problem posting the quote where this was all said?

Yet you do?

LWW </div></div>
http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/fpig-0005-animation.gif

LWW