PDA

View Full Version : Dem Steve Cohen Compares Republicans To Nazi's!!

Sev
01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
<span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #FF0000">The new tone??? FAIL!!!!</span></span>

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/not-exa...icans-to-nazis/ (http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/not-exactly-a-new-tone-democratic-congressman-compares-republicans-to-nazis/)

DOUG MATACONIS, JANUARY 19, 2011

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhha3Gwx8z0WEDNESDAY,

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Apparently, Congressman Steve Cohen of Tennessee didn’t get the memo about the new tone of civility in Washington:
In an extraordinary outburst on the House floor, Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) invoked the Holocaust to attack Republicans on health care and compared rhetoric on the issue to the work of infamous Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels.</span>
“They say it’s a government takeover of health care, a big lie just like Goebbels,” Cohen said. “You say it enough, you repeat the lie, you repeat the lie, and eventually, people believe it. Like blood libel. That’s the same kind of thing. And Congressman Cohen didn’t stop there.
“The Germans said enough about the Jews and people believed it–believed it and you have the Holocaust. We heard on this floor, government takeover of health care. Politifact said the biggest lie of 2010 was a government takeover of health care because there is no government takeover,” Cohen said.
My first thought is that Cohen has decided to fill the shoes left by former Congressman Alan Grayson when it comes to wildly off-base, offensive, and inflammatory rhetoric on the floor of the House.
My second thought is that Politifact’s designation of that “Lie of the Year” for 2010 was nonsense, for the reasons that Billy Hallowell noted at Mediaite last year.
Regardless of one’s opinion on the Politifact designation, though, I think it’s fairly obvious that once someone starts invoking Nazis in reference to their opposition, they’ve lost the right to be taken seriously.

pooltchr
01-19-2011, 03:55 PM
The left seem to live by a single motto:
Do as we say, not as we do.

They are so quick to criticize others, yet have no problem committing the very same acts.

We've seen plenty of evidence to support that right here on this forum.

Steve

LWW
01-19-2011, 04:12 PM
I guess he may have been too busy putting babies in stew pots to read dear leader's memo.

LWW

sack316
01-19-2011, 04:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The left seem to live by a single motto:
Do as we say, not as we do.

They are so quick to criticize others, yet have no problem committing the very same acts.

We've seen plenty of evidence to support that right here on this forum.

Steve </div></div>

I was watching the Ed show the other day (random thought: this may explain the frequency of my migraines lately) and he brought up the rhetoric topic. He basically said he'd tone his down as soon as republicans in Washington and conservative broadcasters tone theirs down (but not before). This said a few things to me:

a) he's acknowledging that he's as much a part of the problem as the people he speaks out against. ie why say you'll tone yours down if you don't KNOW you are saying things which need to be toned down?

b) he is not willing to be a leader or an example for the very action he's supposedly trying to make better.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. Ed, all in one show cited some polls. One was in regards to getting out of the wars, quoting a roughly 60%+ number of Americans want out... and because of that we should.

In other segments... of the same show mind you... a similar percentage statistic was given in regards to repealing HC as well as a HIGHER percentage that wasn't buying into the Palin map cause and effect argument. Of course, in these instances what Americans said or wanted wasn't nearly as important to him.

Sack

Sev
01-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Just remember this is the first shot post AZ, fired by a democrat specifically targeting republicans. They obviously have the republicans in their scopes and are marked for verbal political assassination.

Qtec
01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My second thought is that Politifact’s designation of that “Lie of the Year” for 2010 <u>was nonsense,</u> for the reasons <u>that Billy Hallowell noted</u> at Mediaite last year. </div></div>

This Billy Hallowell?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The media’s treatment of Sarah Palin and her family has been abhorrent. Like various hard news outlets' biased and unjust brethren, entertainment outlets have gone out of their way to tarnish Palin's image.

Tabloids and semi-legitimate entertainment programs generate incessant praise for President Obama and his leftist policies, while Sarah Palin is showered with insults and unwarranted slurs. </div></div>

Cohen is 100% correct.

Q

pooltchr
01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Cohen is 100% correct.

Q </div></div>

Are you campaigning for the title of most insignificant poster on the forum? Seems the queen bee has left an opening, and you are making a strong case for yourself!

Steve

Sev
01-19-2011, 06:49 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

She'll be back after she's finished with therapy.

LWW
01-20-2011, 03:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My second thought is that Politifact’s designation of that “Lie of the Year” for 2010 <u>was nonsense,</u> for the reasons <u>that Billy Hallowell noted</u> at Mediaite last year. </div></div>

This Billy Hallowell?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The media’s treatment of Sarah Palin and her family has been abhorrent. Like various hard news outlets' biased and unjust brethren, entertainment outlets have gone out of their way to tarnish Palin's image.

Tabloids and semi-legitimate entertainment programs generate incessant praise for President Obama and his leftist policies, while Sarah Palin is showered with insults and unwarranted slurs. </div></div>

Cohen is 100% correct.

Q </div></div>

What part of the quote regarding Palin's treatment do you dispute?

IMHO in an earlier time you would likely have been dressed in one of those spiffy black outfits.

LWW

Qtec
01-20-2011, 04:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What part of the quote regarding Palin's treatment do you dispute? </div></div>

All of it. I'm tried of Palin and her supporters whining about 'how she has been treated'. She has nobody to blame but herself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People can debate all they want about "gotcha' journalism" and whether Palin has been a victim of it. But asking someone what newspapers they read cannot be stretched even by the most radical of partisans to be in that category. That would truly be a bridge to nowhere. Not even Rush Limbaugh would try to cross that one.

It was a pretty simple question.

"When it comes to establishing your worldview, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?" Couric asked.

"I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media," Palin responded.

Take two

You think Couric may have had a follow-up to that response? You'd be correct. And it wasn't a devious follow-up. In fact, it was two words. "What specifically?"

Same response. "Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years," she said. </div></div>

Notice how at this point Palin praised the MSM that she now despises.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media,</span> </div></div>

As soon as she got criticized for her innate moronic statements- she claims they are all out to get her!

Q

Qtec
01-20-2011, 04:59 AM
link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijmgZGtvkxg&feature=player_embedded)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WEINER: There have basically been three formations of the argument by the Republicans. <span style='font-size: 23pt'>First, they start by making things up,</span> you kind of have to wonder if any of them actually read the bill...
<u>"130,000 new agencies" - <span style='font-size: 17pt'>NOT TRUE.</span>
"New IRS agents" - <span style='font-size: 17pt'>NOT TRUE.</span>
"Death Panels" -<span style='font-size: 17pt'>NOT TRUE.</span>
"Members aren't covered" -<span style='font-size: 17pt'>NOT TRUE.</span>
"No Tort Reform in it" - <span style='font-size: 17pt'>NOT TRUE.</span></u>
You know, I want to just advise people watching at home playing that now popular drinking game of "you take a shot whenever Republicans say something that is not true," please assign a designated driver, this is going to be a long afternoon! </div></div>

Government Takeover....Lie of the Year 2009.

Death Panels............Lie of the year 2010.

How many times have you heard GOP members repeat these two lies?
How many hours of Fox time was devoted to pushing these two lies?

The Nazi's used lies to demonize the jews and blame them for the country's problems.

The GOP are using the same MO.

Q........'Pick your side.' Go Anthony.

LWW
01-20-2011, 05:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> All of it. I'm tried of Palin and her supporters whining about 'how she has been treated'. She has nobody to blame but herself.

Q</div></div>

You've become pretty good at this shark jumping thingie ... American phrase for when someone has went so far out that they can never return to normalcy ... haven't you.

Let's review:

1 - Sheriff Dipstick accuses her of being an accessory to murder, by his own admission without the slightest shred of evidence. She has nobody to blame but herself.

2 - You incessantly start thread after thread accusing her of lies, even though you can't state what these lies were. She has nobody to blame but herself.

3 - Death threats are made against her by moonbat crazy nits. She has nobody to blame but herself.

4 - Letterman jokes that her 14 year old daughter should be raped at Yankee Stadium. She has nobody to blame but herself.

I pity you my Euro friend, hatred has consumed you.

LWW

pooltchr
01-20-2011, 07:14 AM
Liberalism is a symptom of mental deficiencies.
The longer it's left untreated, the more pronounced it becomes.
Eventually, like a cancer, it spreads and consumes it's victim.

Pray for Q that he has not gone too far.

Steve

Sev
01-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Luckily their abortion rate is higher than their replacement rate.

Stretch
01-20-2011, 07:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Liberalism is a symptom of mental deficiencies.
The longer it's left untreated, the more pronounced it becomes.
Eventually, like a cancer, it spreads and consumes it's victim.

Pray for Q that he has not gone too far.

Steve </div></div>

LWW is a proud Liberal/Libertarian. Perhaps he could recomend a good course of treatment? Since Q has Democratic sympathy's his prognosis is very good. St.

LWW
01-20-2011, 08:09 AM
So, in your own words, if a member of the regime tells you something isn't true then you unfailingly believe the thing to not be true?

Thugocracies throughout history have been enabled by that mindset.

LWW

Sev
01-20-2011, 09:20 AM
I wonder if Q voted last time around. After all it is not out of the realm of speculation.

LWW
01-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Probably not ... I'm pretty sure he's not dead.

LWW

Sev
01-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Intercepted military ballot perhaps???

LWW
01-20-2011, 09:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Intercepted military ballot perhaps??? </div></div>

That would assume fluency in English.

LWW

eg8r
01-20-2011, 12:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of it. I'm tried of Palin and her supporters whining about 'how she has been treated'. She has nobody to blame but herself.
</div></div>I guess nobody but herself and then the idiots like you who tried to blame her for the Giffords shooting.

eg8r

Sev
01-20-2011, 06:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Intercepted military ballot perhaps??? </div></div>

That would assume fluency in English.

LWW </div></div>

True. Also probably more difficult than punching a chad.