PDA

View Full Version : 27 States Suing Over Obamacare.

Sev
01-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Oh my!!!!

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/01/17/list-of-states-suing-over-obamacare/

Last March, Virginia and Florida (joined by 12 other states) filed suit against Obamacare, challenging its constitutionality. Since that time, many other states have joined in, recognizing the threat posed by the legislation to both the Constitution and their own state budgets. As we reported on Friday, more than half of all states are now suing over Obamacare.

In Friday’s post, several commenters asked for a complete list of the states involved with the various lawsuits, which we have compiled below. The following list contains all 27 states that have started or joined in a lawsuit against Obamacare. Those highlighted gray are in the process of joining a suit or, in the case of Oklahoma, preparing to sue on their own.

pooltchr
01-20-2011, 10:00 AM
I wonder what's holding up the other 30 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif states.

Steve

Sev
01-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Its quite possible that more will be filing.

Soflasnapper
01-20-2011, 11:59 AM
If Obamacare's individual mandate is unConstitutional, it seems so is Medicare. In Medicare, any worker (and employer) is required to pay money not to provide themselves anything, but to pay for the health care of the elderly, with only an unenforceable promise that the program will also do the same for them when they reach that age.

If Medicare is Constitutional, and few now argue to the contrary, then the individual mandate is as well.

eg8r
01-20-2011, 12:51 PM
I haven't heard anyone say Medicare was constitutional. It certainly isn't at all.

eg8r

bobroberts
01-20-2011, 12:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't heard anyone say Medicare was constitutional. It certainly isn't at all.

eg8r </div></div>
That's right medicare and medicade is unconstitutional. Blame FDR for instituting these upon the country. it was the beginning of the nanny state.

Sev
01-20-2011, 06:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Obamacare's individual mandate is unConstitutional, it seems so is Medicare. In Medicare, any worker (and employer) is required to pay money not to provide themselves anything, but to pay for the health care of the elderly, with only an unenforceable promise that the program will also do the same for them when they reach that age.

If Medicare is Constitutional, and few now argue to the contrary, then the individual mandate is as well. </div></div>

The problem is the portion of Obamacare that is in dispute was not passed as a tax.