PDA

View Full Version : Kids are so great!

09-05-2002, 11:45 PM
My Son, Austin, who is two, sure brought a smile to my face during this tough week in my life (I lost my job). I was watching TV and he comes up to me and he says "Pockee Daddy, Pockee!" "Pockee" means pool, I don't know where this association came from but it definately means pool. So I ask him if he wants to watch pool. He says YEAH in an excited voice. So I put in one of my pool match tapes. As he watches the opening break, at the snap, he exclaims OOOHHH as he flinches backwards. When a ball is pocketed he would say "nice shot".
The next thing he did was so cool. He has a set of plastic kiddie golf clubs, one of them the head is broke off. this has now become a pool cue. He took his little golf balls and other balls from different toys and set them up on the the coffee table and started stroking balls, hitting the same ball as his CB. He would knock a ball off of the table and throw his hands in the air and scream Yay. This made my day. What a true blessing he is.

PQQLK9
09-06-2002, 12:11 AM
Kids are great...my twin grand daughters will be 7 yrs. old next month but when they were toddlers I would put them on the pool table and as I would shoot they would try to catch the balls before they found a pocket.It was so enjoyable shooting as they crawled all over the table. They learned their colors by playing pool.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

bell
09-07-2002, 12:07 AM
Gotta love'em....and dont forget, "as the twig is bent..." future champions.

Karatemom
09-07-2002, 08:50 AM
That is a great story. Definitely one to remember and tell him when he is older. Ours is 10 now, and there are still times, though they may be few and far between, when it is just the simple little word or action that brightens my whole day. They are the most precious things in life. As much as he can aggravate me, I wouldn't want it any other way. Thanks for sharing that little piece of your life, it brings back good memories.

Heide

9 Ball Girl
09-07-2002, 09:22 AM
Yeah, kids are the best! My 9 year old nephew is always telling his friends "that's my Aunt Wendy and she's a pool champion". Of course I'm far from being a pool champion but he's all excited because I've given him my first pool cue, a 21oz Dufferin. A little heavy for him but he says he can handle it. He can't wait for me to introduce him to this game I love.