PDA

View Full Version : Thought my stick was hitting crappy lately

Chopstick
01-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Or either I was hitting crappy. I miscued for the umteenth time and got mad and cut the tip off. There was a chalk stain across half the diameter of the top of the ferrule. I guess this has been going on for a while. I never had a tip come loose on me like that in more than twenty years. I was starting to think I needed a new stick cuz this one had gone bad, not that it was all that great in the first place, but it did always at least hit consistent.

It is a P3 and it hits good for a production cue. I like playing with production cues because if anything ever happens to it I can just go get another one. It bothers me cuz the butts is so fat. Hold and ice cream cone in your hand. It fits. Turn it upside down. The fat end in your little finger and the skinny end in you forefinger. No way that's natural. How did it get to be a good idea to make a fat butt skinny joint pool cue?

Sid_Vicious
01-21-2011, 12:13 AM
And you never noticed the color line at the ferrule before? I think I could maybe see it from a small distance myself. I am a tip inspector by habit, so I can usually see something like a chalk separation line, especially if my stroke went to a lot of miscues...sid

L_Vigus
01-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Just another reason for having two shafts. It is easy to test if it is the cue or the stroke causing problems.

Larry

Chopstick
01-21-2011, 11:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you never noticed the color line at the ferrule before? I think I could maybe see it from a small distance myself. I am a tip inspector by habit, so I can usually see something like a chalk separation line, especially if my stroke went to a lot of miscues...sid </div></div>

You couldn't see it from the outside. I never get chalk on my ferrule. The discoloration was under the tip. The tip looked fine. It wasn't until I put the knife edge to the base of the tip that I felt it wasn't completely secure. Half of the base of the tip had become separated from the ferrule and chalk had somehow gotten into the crack.