PDA

View Full Version : WPBA Results from New Mexico

AzHousePro
09-06-2002, 10:35 AM
Just got all the results from yesterday. Five of the top 16 fell in their first matches. Lots of regional players advancing this time.

Congrats to Fran who defeated Linda Carter and Stacy Hurst.

Brackets are at www.azbilliards.com/wpbanewmexico2002 (http://www.azbilliards.com/wpbanewmexico2002)

Mike

09-06-2002, 10:53 AM
I really can't believe the "double bye" format they have now. I can understand seeding so as to keep the top players from knocking each other out early (for spectator's benefit), but what they are doing now is rediculous. I suspect that the format will be changed once the WPBA board realizes what a mistake they've made (if they haven't already realized).

Troy
09-06-2002, 12:01 PM
The regional player I'm following is Jane Fujinaga, winner of her first three matches over Melissa Morris, Melissa Herndon and Nicole Mancini.

Jane next play Ewa Laurence.

Troy

AzHousePro
09-06-2002, 01:23 PM
Jane used to live here in Phoenix years ago. She was a great player back then. I always remember hoping her boyfriend felt like gambling instead of her. He was easier.

Mike

Wally_in_Cincy
09-06-2002, 01:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: AzHousePro:</font><hr> Jane used to live here in Phoenix years ago. She was a great player back then. I always remember hoping her boyfriend felt like gambling instead of her. He was easier.

Mike <hr></blockquote>

Looks like she suddenly got greater /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

MikeM
09-06-2002, 02:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr>
Jane next play Ewa Laurence.

Troy <hr></blockquote>

Me hope Jane play good. Use big stick beat other girls.

MM...sorry Troy, couldn't resist. Way to go Niners!

Troy
09-06-2002, 05:03 PM
There's nothing "sudden" about Jane's progress. I've known her since about '96 and she is very dedicated and very competitive.

She does very well in our local tournaments.

Jane recently got mattied (tear, tear... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif) and delayed the honeymoon until after a tournament she deemed important.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Looks like she suddenly got greater /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.
<hr></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
09-07-2002, 09:46 AM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Troy:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; There's nothing "sudden" about Jane's progress. I've known her since about '96 and she is very dedicated and very competitive.

She does very well in our local tournaments.

Jane recently got mattied (tear, tear... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif) and delayed the honeymoon until after a tournament she deemed important.

Troy

&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Hi Troy,

Judging by her past tournament finishes (from azbilliards) it seems she has kicked it up a notch. With victories over Melissa Morris, Melissa Herndon, and Nicole Mancini. That's gettin' it done. Congratulations to her.

09-12-2002, 11:39 AM
She and I won a scotch doubles tournament in Phoenix when she used to live here.