PDA

View Full Version : Public Service??

llotter
01-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Ya know, I am thinking that we need some new terminology to describe the 'private' sector and the 'public' sector. I am getting pretty tired of hearing all the kudos ladled on various people who have dedicated there lives to 'public service' as though they had spent their lives scaling the cliffs on Omaha Beach defending our freedoms. Just what kind of fools do they take us for? Recent statistics only confirm what has been common knowledge for a long time, that most of the 'public sector' jobs are a over-paid, under-worked gravy train that most Americans would consider themselves lucky to have.

Maybe if we renamed the private sector to the 'productive' sector and the public sector to the 'parasite' sector it would cast a more truthful light on our reality. That is probably too harsh but it just might lead to people actually making sacrifices worthy of kudos if they really want to perform public service and get off that gravy train.

LWW
01-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Great thought.

Perhaps we could rename all of private industry the "PRODUCTIVE SECTOR" and take the federal/state/count/city ... along with all the faux charities and legal fraudshops which exist only because they are well fed by the public teat ... and call them the "DESTRUCTIVE SECTOR" of the economy.

LWW

llotter
01-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Good one. I thought 'parasite' was really too strong but your suggestion is just great. Thanks

Sev
01-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Food for thought here.