PDA

View Full Version : I'll bet a million bucks.

Chopstick
01-25-2011, 12:53 PM
<span style="color: #000099">I'm going to send this in to Beck or Bill O. Post two things on the internet news and I'll bet on the outcome of both posts.

1) Answer to the energy crisis found in cheap practical reactor technology.

Outcome: 100 posts or less.

2) Sara Palin dies her hair blonde.

Outcome: The entire internet infrastructure of the US melts down.

Anybody wanna take that bet?</span>

Sev
01-25-2011, 01:11 PM
You know the second one would be fun to watch unfold.

Soflasnapper
01-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Palin's got to do something about her fading looks, since even keeping trim and athletic couldn't keep her from looking aged and haggard next to her mini-me, Christine O'Donnell.

pooltchr
01-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Put your claws back in...no need to start a cat fight over a thread with a little humor to it.

Steve

LWW
01-26-2011, 11:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put your claws back in...no need to start a cat fight over a thread with a little humor to it.

Steve </div></div>

If only that were true.

Sadly, the far left seems to have an insatiable need to spew hate at Palin.

BTW ... what kind of sexist statement was that he made anyways?

LWW

pooltchr
01-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Attacks by the left on Palin are not limited by good taste, fairness, accuracy, nor political correctness.

When attacking Sarah, the end justifies the means.

Steve

Chopstick
01-26-2011, 12:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin's got to do something about her fading looks, since even keeping trim and athletic couldn't keep her from looking aged and haggard next to her mini-me, Christine O'Donnell.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">That kind of proves my point because item number one is actually true.</span>

Soflasnapper
01-26-2011, 04:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin's got to do something about her fading looks, since even keeping trim and athletic couldn't keep her from looking aged and haggard next to her mini-me, Christine O'Donnell.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">That kind of proves my point because item number one is actually true.</span> </div></div>

If you mean the Italian researchers with their version of cold fusion, that isn't yet known to be true.

If it were true, trillions of dollars in energy resources might be reduced tremendously in value, and I would suspect it would be suppressed by the economic actors who would be thus damaged.

Sev
01-26-2011, 04:52 PM
There is that.

Chopstick
01-26-2011, 07:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin's got to do something about her fading looks, since even keeping trim and athletic couldn't keep her from looking aged and haggard next to her mini-me, Christine O'Donnell.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">That kind of proves my point because item number one is actually true.</span> </div></div>

If you mean the Italian researchers with their version of cold fusion, that isn't yet known to be true.

If it were true, trillions of dollars in energy resources might be reduced tremendously in value, and I would suspect it would be suppressed by the economic actors who would be thus damaged. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">No. I am talking about real reactors that exist right now. I posted about them a week ago. You may be right about them being suppressed in the US. </span>

Accelerator Driven Thorium Reactors (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=333080#Post333080)

Sev
01-26-2011, 09:05 PM
If I recall correctly the anorthisite that the Adirondaks are comprised of is loaded with Thorium.

LWW
01-27-2011, 05:33 AM
Is thorium the material used in the "RODS FROM GOD" weapon idea?

LWW

hondo
01-27-2011, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #000099">I'm going to send this in to Beck or Bill O. Post two things on the internet news and I'll bet on the outcome of both posts.

1) Answer to the energy crisis found in cheap practical reactor technology.

Outcome: 100 posts or less.

2) Sara Palin dies her hair blonde.

Outcome: The entire internet infrastructure of the US melts down.

Anybody wanna take that bet?</span> </div></div>

You got a bet!

Wait a minute! I don't have a million bucks.Damn! Bet's off. Sorry.

Chopstick
01-27-2011, 07:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I recall correctly the anorthisite that the Adirondaks are comprised of is loaded with Thorium. </div></div>

I wouldn't be surprised.

Chopstick
01-27-2011, 07:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is thorium the material used in the "RODS FROM GOD" weapon idea?

LWW </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">You are thinking of tungsten. That is the material of choice for kinetic energy weapons.</span>

Sev
01-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Its def dense. Kind of like a few people I know.