PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann Cites Debunked Myth

Qtec
01-26-2011, 01:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Bachmann Denounces Gov't Spending, Cites Debunked Health Care Myth

In her Tea Party response after the Republican response to President Obama's State of the Union Address tonight, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) offered a critique of the President and his policies, and said she believes "we are in the very early days of a history-making turn."

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>She also threw in a debunked myth about the health care law for good measure.</span>

With the aid of a chart, Bachmann denounced what she called an "unprecedented explosion of government spending and debt, unlike anything we have seen in the history of our country." She said the stimulus had "failed," and called on Obama to repeal "ObamaCare." She also blamed Obama for the nation's 9.4 percent unemployment rate.

"Instead of a leaner, smarter government, we bought a bureaucracy that now tells us which light bulbs to buy, and which may put <u>16,500 IRS agents in charge of policing President Obama's healthcare bill,</u>" she said. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>The IRS agent claim has been widely debunked, and <u>factcheck.org says it "stems from a partisan analysis based on guesswork and false assumptions, and compounded by outright misrepresentation."</u></span> </div></div>

ie, she is lying through her teeth ,as she does every time she opens her mouth.

Repeat the lie enough.............

Q

LWW
01-26-2011, 03:07 AM
So, as long as the party tells you not to believe something you refuse to believe it?

How unsurprising is that?

LWW

Qtec
01-26-2011, 04:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, as long as the party tells you not to believe something you refuse to believe it?

LWW </div></div>

Why is it that when presented with an undeniable FACT you deny it?

Q

LWW
01-26-2011, 05:32 AM
You have only presented a spoon fed party talking point.

Anything else I can help you with?

LWW

Qtec
01-26-2011, 05:38 AM
DENIAL.

Q

LWW
01-26-2011, 06:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DENIAL.

Q </div></div>

I know that's where you are.

HERE (Congressional Budget Office, H.R. 3590, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,) is the CBO estimate that IRS funding would need to be increased by $10,000,000,000.00 over 10 years for enforcement. The IRS spends $90K per employees. That works quite nicely with the 10K-15K new IRS employees needed.

BTW ... that report is sourced from the rabid right wing nut Harry Reid.

I keep telling you ... reject the spoon.

LWW

Sev
01-26-2011, 06:44 AM
I was a bit disappointed they didnt air Bachmann. I'll have to catch the video on fox or youtube.

Gayle in MD
01-26-2011, 09:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, as long as the party tells you not to believe something you refuse to believe it?

LWW </div></div>

Why is it that when presented with an undeniable FACT you deny it?

Q </div></div>

Because he's a twit.

pooltchr
01-26-2011, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Because he's a twit.

</div></div>

I thought we didn't stoop to name calling, particularly when directed at other forum members.

You would be running to the mods crying foul if someone called you a twit on here.

Steve

LWW
01-26-2011, 11:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DENIAL.

Q </div></div>

I know that's where you are.

HERE (Congressional Budget Office, H.R. 3590, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,) is the CBO estimate that IRS funding would need to be increased by $10,000,000,000.00 over 10 years for enforcement. The IRS spends $90K per employees. That works quite nicely with the 10K-15K new IRS employees needed.

BTW ... that report is sourced from the rabid right wing nut Harry Reid.

I keep telling you ... reject the spoon.

LWW
</div></div>

Why don't any of the leftists want to discuss that the basis for this claim came from Harry Reid's report?

LWW

LWW
01-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Where, oh where, are the leftists excoriating Komrade Reid for giving life to this myth?

LWW

Qtec
01-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Why don't you fix your link.

Q

LWW
01-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Fair enough, but why don't you learn to use google.
&gt;&gt;&gt;CLICK HERE&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/113xx/doc11307/Reid_Letter_HR3590.pdf)

LWW

Qtec
01-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Your link is to a whole document. Be specific.

Q

LWW
01-27-2011, 10:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your link is to a whole document. Be specific.

Q </div></div>

Page 5 ... I just wanted verification that you had no interest in making any effort to actually seek out something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CBO has not completed an estimate of all of the discretionary costs that would be associated with H.R. 3590. (Those costs would depend on future appropriations and are not included in the tables accompanying this letter.) As indicated in CBOs earlier estimate, such costs would probably include an estimated <span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 11pt'>$5 billion to $10 billion over 10 years for administrative costs of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)</span></span> and at least a similar amount for expenses of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). </div></div>

Let's review:

1 - $5B to $10B over 10 years = $500M to $1B per year.

2 - $500M to $1B per year divided by the average cost of an IRS employee at $90K per year = 5,555.55 to 11,111.1 new employees.

3 - Add in a typical gubmint underestimation of costs of 50% and you have up to 16,500 new employees.

The claim was "UP TO" 16,500 new IRS employees and is entirely defensible ... unless CBO is FOS and Harry Reid is a liar trying to undermine his own plan.

Next deflection?

LWW

LWW
01-28-2011, 06:40 AM
Snoopy appears to have gouged out his own eyes upon seeing that this "RUMOR" originated with Kommissar Harry.

LWW

LWW
02-15-2011, 06:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Instead of a leaner, smarter government, we bought a bureaucracy that now tells us which light bulbs to buy, and which may put <u>16,500 IRS agents in charge of policing President Obama's healthcare bill,</u>" she said. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>The IRS agent claim has been widely debunked, and <u>factcheck.org says it "stems from a partisan analysis based on guesswork and false assumptions, and compounded by outright misrepresentation."</u></span> </div></div>

ie, she is lying through her teeth ,as she does every time she opens her mouth.

Repeat the lie enough.............

Q </div></div>

I guess dear leader didn't get the memo that she was "lying through her teeth ,as she does every time she opens her mouth" because dear leader's proposed budget ... which the cabal will slavishly defend ... calls for hiring the first 30% to 50% of these IRS agents:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON, Feb 14 (Reuters) - The Internal Revenue Service would get an additional 5,100 agents under President Barack Obama's increased budget request, setting up a clash with Republicans who advocate cuts for the tax collection agency. </div></div>

LET THE DENIALS OF REALITY BEGIN! (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/14/usa-budget-irs-idUSN1410541820110214)

LWW

Gayle in MD
02-15-2011, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DENIAL.

Q </div></div>

Denial and deversion, typical tacic of the uninformed.

Anyone who can't see through a nutjob like Bachmann, is really a Faux Noise slurpie! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

pooltchr
02-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I just love it when you call someone a nutjob.

It's just so ironic!!!!!!!!

LOL

Steve

LWW
02-15-2011, 02:35 PM
I called it.

LWW

LWW
02-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Let's not forget that the original source was Harry Reid.

LWW