PDA

View Full Version : Reds to conquer the world?

LWW
01-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Well ... this winter they wrapped up ace Bronson Ouryoyo for 3 seasons, signed a 6 year deal with young phenom Jay Bruce, locked up MVP Joey Votto at least through his arbitration eligible years, and have signed start pitcher Johnny Cueto to a 4 year deal.

Meanwhile they have several top prospects in the wings and with the Cuban Missile, Aroldis Chapman, they were willing to let all star Arthur Rhoades leave via free agency.

The new ownership and management of this team have done a remarkable turnaround of an historical franchise in a very short period of time.

LWW

Soflasnapper
01-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes, and it's a shame that pro-American teams like the Yankees, the Angels, the Rangers, the Braves, etc., cannot compete with the high-tech Cuban misslery.

Baseball goes communist. When will this madness stop???

eg8r
01-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Bronson who?

Letting Rhodes go was not a bad decision. He is like 60 years old anyways. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

You can just give it all a rest. I have already bought my Phillies World Series tickets for 2011. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
01-26-2011, 09:48 PM
The Reds have made drastic improvements, and are sure to be legit contenders. Their problem may be that the NL Central won't be the usual cakewalk of "Cardinals and whoever else is good that year" chasing the division. Milwaukee has plugged a few holes and will be pretty decent. And if the Cubbies can solidify the back end of the rotation and stay healthy for once they'll be dangerous too. For the first time in a while, the Central may be the toughest division in the NL.

Sack

LWW
01-27-2011, 04:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bronson who?

eg8r </div></div>

Bronson "OUR YO-YO" Arroyo as the locals refer to him because of his Mark Fidrych like personality.

AKA The hippie dippie baseball player.

LWW

LWW
01-27-2011, 04:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Letting Rhodes go was not a bad decision. He is like 60 years old anyways. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

I agree. He had a career year at 41 in spite of suffering a foot injury which held him back.

Had they been able to sign him to a 1 yr deal he'd be back.

Arthur did was best for Arthur and got a 2 yr deal elsewhere, and I wish him well. He's a great human being who gave a lot back to the community.

LWW

LWW
01-27-2011, 04:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You can just give it all a rest. I have already bought my Phillies World Series tickets for 2011. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Be sure to keep the receipt.

LWW

eg8r
01-27-2011, 11:06 AM
LOL, we will see. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
01-28-2011, 06:43 AM
You remind me of my brother who, every preseason, figures out the Bengals path to winning the Super Bowl.

LWW