PDA

View Full Version : iWork Pages for iPad

eg8r
01-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Dee, I was wondering if you ever used this program. My wife is using her iPad as a laptop replacement this semester (she decided to go back to college and finish her degree). One thing that makes this transition easier is the Zaggmate with Keyboard. This is an iPad case that has a built-in bluetooth keyboard. What a fantastic idea. It makes the iPad actually look like a Macbook Air when it is set in place but the use of a regular keyboard is awesome when taking notes in class.

One other benefit that won't matter much to you is this medical program she has loaded. It has thousands of medical terms and definitions loaded as notecards. She aslo has the capability to create new decks of cards. So, she has been making a new deck for every chapter in her textbook. Her professor allows the students to use their notecards on the test. Well instead of having to hunt through 400 notecards she can easily sort them any way you can think of. She is finishing her 3 hour test in 25 to 30 minutes and the other students are just groaning every time she gets up to turn in the test. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

We love the iPad and strongly recommend it for students. She has both her textbooks for school loaded on the iPad and they only cost her $13 to rent from Amazon (I think) instead of lugging around heavy medical textbooks in a book bag and paying $80 each for a book she does not want to keep. Not bad. Many publishers for schools are looking to put their books in iBooks format so I can see this tablet idea really catching on.

eg8r

LWW
01-27-2011, 03:44 AM
Will "PAGES" run a Power Point pres?

LWW

eg8r
01-27-2011, 11:04 AM
There is another app for that. Keynote for iPad (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keynote/id361285480?mt=8#) What Apple did was take their iWork suite and rebuild it for iPad. iWork is compatible with Microsoft Office but as you would guess, not 100%. Meaning there are some fonts or formatting that you might have in one that is not available in the other. You can save your file as a .ppt or an iWork format so it is easy to go back and forth between the two productivity suites. The beauty of it is that the iWork apps on iPad are only $10 each.

eg8r