PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Derby City Classic tonight!

Deeman3
01-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Just finished a week in Louisville at the DCC, it was great and no, I did not win!

Earl finished second to SVB in one pocket (major upset to have them in finals, but deserved), Alex won banks and nine ball is still on but Earl is looking like the old Earl!

Rich R.
01-29-2011, 07:29 AM
We will give you time to recover and then we want a total report on your trip. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soflasnapper
01-29-2011, 10:38 AM
I was stunned to hear Earl made the finals of the 1-hole tourney, and now that you add your assessment that he's rounding back to his previous top form, I'm delighted.

I was unsure if he'd lost some of his physical abilities or not, given his obvious head issues. Maybe he's cleared his mind, and now we see he still can play at a championship level?

I remember the tribute to Steve Mizerak at the Open a couple years back, when Steve took the mike to state Earl belonged in the hall, but 'you got to change your attitude.' That appears to have taken place, and it can only be good for pool.

But speaking of his attitude, how was it? Usual pita antics, or no, since he's playing great?

Deeman3
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM
I am bushed and will give a full report later but Earl was well behaved and is exercising and taking good care of his metal health.

he was firing rockets into those tight pockets like it was 1980! I spent a few minutes with him and he seems to have it together. I hope I am right. he beat some great talent, as did Shane and both deserved the fibal.

Soflasnapper
01-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks Deeman, I'll eagerly await that later report.

eg8r
02-03-2011, 03:01 PM
WOW!!! Earl finishes second in one pocket? Next thing we will see him beating Thorsten in straight pool. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r <~~~happy to see Earl shooting well again

Deeman3
02-03-2011, 08:34 PM
It was nice to see Earl play well and act like an adult for a change, He earned his place beating champion after champion!

I had schedulef arterial heart surgery for Monday so I am in recovery right now but sore as hell! My doctor was almost ready to have me arrested for delaying it till after Derby City! Funny how surgeons don't get the impotyance of our game!!! :}

Ace
02-03-2011, 10:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was nice to see Earl play well and act like an adult for a change, He earned his place beating champion after champion!

I had schedulef arterial heart surgery for Monday so I am in recovery right now but sore as hell! My doctor was almost ready to have me arrested for delaying it till after Derby City! Funny how surgeons don't get the impotyance of our game!!! :}

</div></div>I had to re-schedule the birth of my youngest daughter to be able to play the Houston Open in October 4th & 5th 2008. Originally, she was scheduled for at least a month to be delivered on October 3, but the tournament was supposed to start that same weekend. So, She was born on the 6th instead. True story...ask Deeman! THAT is also the same year the hurricane came into Galveston Island and caused much damage....The Tournament was delayed until November.

Deeman3
02-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Ace is right about that, nothing puts you in the commitment HOF like shifting your daughter's birth to go let Earl outshoot you!

I concede first place to my road partner!

Rich R.
02-04-2011, 07:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was nice to see Earl play well and act like an adult for a change, He earned his place beating champion after champion!

</div></div>
You just have to explain to your surgeon that there are priorities.

I hope your recovery goes well.

Deeman3
02-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Rich,

That's why you are a pool player, you understand!

Thanks, I am getting stronger every day and playing it up for all the sympathy I can gdt from DeeWoman! She had no clue that making her go naked around the house aids our recovery! Go figure? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ace
02-04-2011, 10:06 AM
WHAT....What is wrong with that??

Rich R.
02-04-2011, 12:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich,

That's why you are a pool player, you understand!

<span style="color: #FF0000">I definitely understand. Last March I went to the SBE at Valley Forge. As the weekend went on, I was having a little problem but I stayed until the end. A few days later I was having emergency surgery.
As you said, I am a pool player. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </span>

Thanks, I am getting stronger every day and playing it up for all the sympathy I can gdt from DeeWoman! She had no clue that making her go naked around the house aids our recovery! Go figure? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000">Just tell DeeWoman that it helps get your blood flowing. Just don't tell her where it is flowing to. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif </span>

Deeman3
02-04-2011, 07:52 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

You and Ace always get a laugh out of me even when I am hurting! I'm trying talk Ace into making VF one day. I enjoyed it the two years I went. I was there when Eric bitch slapped Not So Fast Larry! Remember when he stood me up for a money match in Atlanta? I travelled 600 miles but he couldn't make it across town! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The good old days!

Chopstick
02-05-2011, 09:13 AM

</div></div>

Damn Deeman. I'm gonna have to keep up with you closer. I can come up and help out while you are down.

Deeman3
02-05-2011, 10:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was nice to see Earl play well and act like an adult for a change, He earned his place beating champion after champion!

</div></div>

Damn Deeman. I'm gonna have to keep up with you closer. I can come up and help out while you are down. </div></div>

Charlie,

I kept it quiet but knew you had enough women to take care of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif in Orlando!

I am fine and am even remodeling a place in Auburn after the Doc clears me. Now retired, I have all the time I need. I do look forward to xoming down this Summer and having you help my one pocket and aiming, I am doing something wrong, besides in bad! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ace
02-05-2011, 11:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was nice to see Earl play well and act like an adult for a change, He earned his place beating champion after champion!

</div></div>

Damn Deeman. I'm gonna have to keep up with you closer. I can come up and help out while you are down. </div></div>

Charlie,

I kept it quiet but knew you had enough women to take care of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif in Orlando!

I am fine and am even remodeling a place in Auburn after the Doc clears me. Now retired, I have all the time I need. I do look forward to coming down this Summer and having you help my one pocket and aiming, I am doing something wrong, besides in bad! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>Orlando could be the place of the next "One-Pocket Travelers Meeting" and I could take my family to Disney World. Sounds good to me!

Deeman3
02-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Ace,

I am down with that as we can have Chopstick arrange the venue and perhaps give us a boat ride AND give me a couple of strokes a side on one of those nice courses! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If it warm enough by then, I'll strap my cues and clubs on and cruise down.

If Charlie is o.k. with it, we can post up on Onepocket.org as soon as he gives us the go ahead. Chop, Ace may surprise you with his one pocket game now!

eg8r
02-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I am glad to see you came through surgery well enough to make a post. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~patiently waiting for more Derby stories

eg8r
02-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Let me know when you come down, sounds like a blast.

eg8r

Deeman3
02-07-2011, 11:12 PM
The entire Derby Gambling scene almost all revolved around Dippy, a rich guy named Dave who bets like 10 K minimum and plays pros with large spots. Played Scott Frost one pocket getting 18-4 balls per game. He did this against several pros for up to 50K I believe against Deul and won that matchup.

He got mad at a guy and offered him $500 or $1000 to leave the room, then tore it up and threw it in his face. The guy picked it up and left. Wolfs like crazy but I think he may be crazy like a fox. Ave and I wanted to play him and another guy for $1000 a game but he said we didn't qualify unless we bet $10,000! Needless to say, we didn't have enough onus to play him. but he is a nice guy.

Earl played one pocket like a demon, beating champions match after match. Beat Jer. Jones two matches in a row, 3-0, then 3-1, shot out from everywhere and did not miss, played smart the whole time. Only lost the final to Alex P. Over one misplayed or bad roll shot!

Had a great time and will report more as I get better.

Rich R.
02-08-2011, 07:31 AM
"Dippy" Dave is a high stakes professional poker player named David Peat. He is also known as "Viffer" in the poker world. I've seen this guy on TV a lot of times. It seems he likes to play pool as some sort of a hobby. The $10K he bets in a pool game may be just an opening bet in a high stakes poker game.

SpiderMan
02-08-2011, 12:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ace,

I am down with that as we can have Chopstick arrange the venue and perhaps give us a boat ride AND give me a couple of strokes a side on one of those nice courses! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If it warm enough by then, I'll strap my cues and clubs on and cruise down.

If Charlie is o.k. with it, we can post up on Onepocket.org as soon as he gives us the go ahead. Chop, Ace may surprise you with his one pocket game now! </div></div>

If he lets you guys come down I may either shoot myself or take a dump on main street. I'd been trying to fly back to Orlando for over a year because the airfare from Dallas was stuck at $158, and Chopstick kept telling me to wait because his place is too cluttered/messy for anyone to see.

SpiderMan

Deeman3
02-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Spiderman,

Hell, we will probably never see his place as we never get more than a few hundred yards from the pool hall or hotel as you well know! At $158 you better sign up for this shindig! We will playa little 9 ball just to keep you happy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Deeman3
02-08-2011, 03:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Dippy" Dave is a high stakes professional poker player named David Peat. He is also known as "Viffer" in the poker world. I've seen this guy on TV a lot of times. It seems he likes to play pool as some sort of a hobby. The $10K he bets in a pool game may be just an opening bet in a high stakes poker game. </div></div>

Yep, pretty familiar with him now as the Viffer is tattooed on his neck, hard to hide his identity!

Interesting character, that is for sure.

Deeman3
02-08-2011, 03:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me know when you come down, sounds like a blast.

eg8r </div></div>

Ed, You are certainly invited and will fit right in with our llittle insane group. We need a female to challenge us in the group but as far as I know Jennette is the only gal who plays serious one pocket but we are searching for a candidate on onepocket.org

We'll give good dance notice.

Rich R.
02-08-2011, 08:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Dippy" Dave is a high stakes professional poker player named David Peat. He is also known as "Viffer" in the poker world. I've seen this guy on TV a lot of times. It seems he likes to play pool as some sort of a hobby. The $10K he bets in a pool game may be just an opening bet in a high stakes poker game. </div></div>

Yep, pretty familiar with him now as the Viffer is tattooed on his neck, hard to hide his identity!

Interesting character, that is for sure. </div></div>

He is definitely an interesting character, as you said.
A funny coincidence is that he is playing poker on the TV show "Poker After Dark" this week. Check your listings for NBC in the wee hours of the morning if your interested and set the DVR. If nothing else, you'll see that the $10K he bets on a pool game is nothing compared to his poker bets.

Deeman3
02-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Rich,

Thanks, I'll DVR it this week and see him. I bet he does not show as much butt crack playing poker as pool! Really, I thought it was strange that a guy who had so much wore the same t shirt and shorts that would not stay up several days in a row! Personally, I did like the guy, no fear! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Chopstick
02-09-2011, 09:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpiderMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ace,

If Charlie is o.k. with it, we can post up on Onepocket.org as soon as he gives us the go ahead. Chop, Ace may surprise you with his one pocket game now! </div></div>

If he lets you guys come down I may either shoot myself or take a dump on main street. I'd been trying to fly back to Orlando for over a year because the airfare from Dallas was stuck at $158, and Chopstick kept telling me to wait because his place is too cluttered/messy for anyone to see.

SpiderMan </div></div>

Ok. I will get to work on all the above. A bunch of pool halls have closed recently. There is a Clicks on my side of town that is still there. There is also a couple of new places that opened up on the Disney side of town. I will have to go check them out.

I got a storage room and I have started moving things out of my place.

Soflasnapper
02-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Really, I thought it was strange that a guy who had so much wore the same t shirt and shorts that would not stay up several days in a row!

When he played in town here he had transitioned to some extremely baggy nylon warmups, tops and bottoms, which covered all the cracks, LOL!

Ace
02-09-2011, 01:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpiderMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ace,

SpiderMan </div></div>

Ok. I will get to work on all the above. A bunch of pool halls have closed recently. There is a Clicks on my side of town that is still there. There is also a couple of new places that opened up on the Disney side of town. I will have to go check them out.

I got a storage room and I have started moving things out of my place. </div></div>That would be great, because I will be on the Disney side of town, due to the other six people I have to live my life with.......LOL