PDA

View Full Version : US OPEN, UPA, and all the Ranting

Troy
09-06-2002, 06:07 PM
All the posts on the US Open and the UPA are comically interesting.

When it all settles out, ---

there WILL be a US Open;

the US Open WILL be well attended by players and spectators;

there WILL be a payday for "x" percentage of the entries (as there always is in a tournament);

some number of UPA members WILL enter;

some number of UPA members WILL NOT enter;

Charlie Williams will either be present or not.

All the ranting I read seems to be coming from conjecture rather than fact.

Have fun with yourselves.

Troy

Rod
09-06-2002, 06:38 PM
Troy I wouldn't go so far as to say comical, maybe more like a record is stuck! It was boring at best. Yea they had fun playing with themselves I guess, heck I don't know. And yes there will be another US Open. Some will show and some won't, not really much different than any other year. I'm going out to check the seat in the outhouse. LOL

Troy
09-06-2002, 07:53 PM
I was going to say pathetic, but changed my mind.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Troy I wouldn't go so far as to say comical, maybe more like a record is stuck! It was boring at best. Yea they had fun playing with themselves I guess, heck I don't know. And yes there will be another US Open. Some will show and some won't, not really much different than any other year. I'm going out to check the seat in the outhouse. LOL <hr></blockquote>

09-08-2002, 03:28 PM
That's a very concise, efficient summary, Troy, but you left out one glaring tidbit: all those defecting players are just making things easier for Strickland - who apparently knew exactly what he was doing when he quit Charlie Williams' fledgling organization. GF

Troy
09-08-2002, 06:19 PM
Right George, if in fact all those players actually defect.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: George Fels:</font><hr> That's a very concise, efficient summary, Troy, but you left out one glaring tidbit: all those defecting players are just making things easier for Strickland - who apparently knew exactly what he was doing when he quit Charlie Williams' fledgling organization. GF <hr></blockquote>

PoolFan
09-08-2002, 09:32 PM
This is the best post I've read about the US Open and the UPA.