PDA

View Full Version : pussypool

09-06-2002, 06:10 PM
Leave it to a person with scoliosis to lobby for the spineless approach of giving themselves and others the unjust and unfair advantage over selected others in a supposed equal playing field! I hope Karen Armstrong,Fran Crimi and others do well.

Troy
09-06-2002, 06:16 PM
And just how do you know that "someone with scoliosis" did any lobbying ??? And just why would you think the decision was made on the basis of this one person ???

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: canwin:</font><hr> Leave it to a person with scoliosis to lobby for the spineless approach of giving themselves and others the unjust and unfair advantage over selected others in a supposed equal playing field! I hope Karen Armstrong,Fran Crimi and others do well.

<hr></blockquote>

Voodoo Daddy
09-06-2002, 06:41 PM
Wow canwin...you got some pent up angst man...geez! I hope Fran does well too. She won two matches before running into Allison.

09-06-2002, 07:33 PM
I can be outraged at certain injustices but there's nothing I can do about it. Its their battle not mine...its up to them. I wish I could rectify all the injustices but I cant. I feel sympathy for players without sponsors as they are the majority that make up a tournament. I see what certain players have to go through just to play. Some are in it just for fun, others want to make something, but all of them want the same dignity and equality and a sense of prestige as others.

Ill behave. . .

Voodoo Daddy
09-06-2002, 08:31 PM
canwin...dont behave dude, say what you feel. I'm the first guy to tap his cue on the floor for that, but the title is a little rough...dont ya think? I hate the fact that the top 16 got a one leg up on the rest of the field, I just hate it but they dont worry about what I hate. When I played football I played with several starters that felt they shouldnt "have" to practice...just play on game day like it was beneath them to have to practice. The top 16 girls dont feel that way...they want be closer to the cash so they dont loose their standings OR dont want to get upset by an up-and-comer...its all about money. I for one dont go to WPBA events unless I have a interest in a certain player so my opinion means squat to them...oh well.

09-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Much as I think that the new WPBA format is preposterous, the scoliosis jibe is in much poorer taste ! Anyone who has overcome such barriers deserves applause for her determination, at least on that front, not low-down insults.

jjinfla
09-06-2002, 09:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> I hate the fact that the top 16 got a one leg up on the rest of the field, I just hate it... <hr></blockquote>
Voodoo, they got two legs up, they get two byes. Plus seeding on top of it. Allison and Corr don't face each other until the semi-finals. I sure wish I could get two byes in a tournament, plus not having to worry about facing the best player until the end. Jake

09-07-2002, 08:53 AM
The truth is, I wanted to be insulting, cheap, and in poor taste. I agree that anyone who has overcome such barriers deserves applause... but not unearned money and special treatment. My comment was meant to convey more of a feeling than a personal attack. I knew it wouldnt advance my cause...but it made me feel better.

This thread too shall pass . . canwin

rackmup
09-07-2002, 09:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: VooDoo Daddy:</font><hr>I for one dont go to WPBA events unless I have a interest in a certain player so my opinion means squat to them...<hr></blockquote>

It is my opinion that given the decisions and the matters of greatest concern to the WPBA "Power Brokers", the opinion of ANYONE below the ranking of number 16 "means squat to them."

The "playing field" of the WPBA is about as level as the streets of San Francisco and has loopholes in it bigger than the San Andreas fault.

Regards,

Ken

Sid_Vicious
09-07-2002, 10:06 AM
"I sure wish I could get two byes in a tournament, plus not having to worry about facing the best player until the end."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To use a familiar billiard term Jake, "Damn straight!" Pleeeeeze give me that advantage, makes things a walk in the part for our prima donnas. The more I read about this bye crap the more I get disillusioned about everything...sid

Lester
09-09-2002, 06:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Wow canwin...you got some pent up angst man...geez! I hope Fran does well too. She won two matches before running into Allison. <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;He's got some "issues" Voodoo. ha ha BTW you got your quote wrong. It should be - - - Give a man a fish, and he eats one day. Teach a man to fish, and he sits in a boat and drinks beer all day. lol ***Lester***

bluewolf
09-09-2002, 07:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Much as I think that the new WPBA format is preposterous, the scoliosis jibe is in much poorer taste ! Anyone who has overcome such barriers deserves applause for her determination, at least on that front, not low-down insults. <hr></blockquote>

I just went to a new chiropracor friday who took xrays.in addition to my hand tremor (quitting cigs and caffeine to see if that helps my pool game) i have pretty bad scoliosis and one partially herniated disk.

i have known i have had scoliosis since i was a teenager.i also knew it got worse with age.i had a theory.build up the muscles on both sides of the spine, and the bone curvature would be retarded.i have been told that if i hadnt taken all that karaate and swimming, i would be in very bad shape now.as a result of 'preventative medicine' i can do anything that someone 10 years younger can do.yeah on the xray, whitewolf said it looked like 'a pretzel' but day to day dont notice the difference.i have also been very cautious of having good poster and other things too.

i know there are real handicaps but i also know that 'preventative medicine'and determination goes a long way.

bw

bluewolf
09-09-2002, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: canwin:</font><hr> Leave it to a person with scoliosis to lobby for the spineless approach of giving themselves and others the unjust and unfair advantage over selected others in a supposed equal playing field! I hope Karen Armstrong,Fran Crimi and others do well.

<hr></blockquote>

there is a law against discriminating against those with a handicap.once you open the door and give special considerations to someone with a physical handicap, i think it gets very sticky. i mean, where do you draw the line and who decides how much of a physical problem a person has and when their handicap can be addressed my modifications (like using a walker shooter pool) or when they need a handicap.i think this is real sticky and from someone who many times could have come under this umbrella of 'handicapped'i would like this to be left out of the pros.there is just no way to draw the line without someone feeling cheated.

bw

SPetty
09-09-2002, 11:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lester:</font><hr> Give a man a fish, and he eats one day. Teach a man to fish, and he sits in a boat and drinks beer all day. <hr></blockquote>Hi Lester,

It's obvious that I'm on your list of people who's posts you don't read... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif (just kidding... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif ) (I think /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif ...) Check it out:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=34240&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=

Lester
09-09-2002, 12:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Lester:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Give a man a fish, and he eats one day. Teach a man to fish, and he sits in a boat and drinks beer all day. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;Hi Lester,

It's obvious that I'm on your list of people who's posts you don't read... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif (just kidding... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif ) (I think /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif ...) Check it out:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=34240&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=>http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=34240&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=</a>
<hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Sorry, I read your posts, I just missed that one. ***Lester***