PDA

View Full Version : Major upset in New Mexico

AzHousePro
09-06-2002, 07:07 PM
Melissa Morris has just defeated Vivian Villarreal 9-1 to eliminate Vivian from the event. Vivian went 2 and out for the event.

Dawn Hopkins is also 2 and out.

Mike

Cueless Joey
09-06-2002, 07:10 PM
Jeesh. Melissa is the young lovely daughter of cuemaker Ned Morris (inventor of Stealth Air) is only in her mid-teens.
More power to the young guns out there.

09-06-2002, 10:07 PM
Mike, thanks for the news. Although I'm about to the point where I don't care anymore about following the WPBA tour, I do greatly appreciate all your efforts in your website's coverage of the events over the years, and particularly for your part in providing a means and access for acquiring this latest petition in opposition of the board's decision.

With the exception of certain good friends I have on the tour, I think we'd all agree now more than ever that the more major upsets - the better! Could it possibly be that this latest ruling has served to further inspire and motivate the unseeded players while at the same time resulting in more pressure (and guilt being felt) on the part of the top players?

I've got no respect left for the leadership of this tour, or for that matter even for many of the players - who seem to be willing to just stand by and let themselves (and their hopes and dreams) be victimized by this board - and their incomprehensible decisions that just boggle the mind.

With this apparent intimidation, I guess the only way most players feel they can do anything about it is in stepping up their performance on the table! At this point however, I wonder if even young Sarah Rousey (if she was able to win this event, or Ms. Ouschan (if she could win the WPBA Nationals in December) could save this sinking ship? - Chris in NC