PDA

View Full Version : Maddow...oops...

sack316
02-02-2011, 02:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwK35y4kr_E&feature=player_embedded

Doing her usual right-knocking segments in her usual sarcastic and grandiose way. Unfortunately for her, she was duped by a spoof... as christianwire is a satire site, like the onion.

One would think headlines for articles on things like 'facebook sex gangs using wikileaks to target teens' or turtle masturbation, or how Blacks are making a "ghetto friendly" Justin Beiber (named Wayne Beiber) may have been a clue... but alas I suppose finding a clue may be too much to ask.

To Maddow's credit, she is taking this as a chance to laugh at herself... even having a "Christwire stories we're glad we didn't fall for" post on her blog. So kudos to her for that. But still, in this era of discussion on misinformation here on the CCB, this shouldn't be ignored.

Sack

JohnnyD
02-02-2011, 03:46 AM
Grandiose for sure.

LWW
02-02-2011, 04:46 AM
She could always start a carpet cleaning company if she ends up in the same boat as Olbernoxious.

LWW

Sev
02-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Dont expect to hear anything from Broomstick Sally.

LWW
02-02-2011, 07:08 AM
I hate dirty carpet.

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-02-2011, 12:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwK35y4kr_E&feature=player_embedded

Doing her usual right-knocking segments in her usual sarcastic and grandiose way. Unfortunately for her, she was duped by a spoof... as christianwire is a satire site, like the onion.

One would think headlines for articles on things like 'facebook sex gangs using wikileaks to target teens' or turtle masturbation, or how Blacks are making a "ghetto friendly" Justin Beiber (named Wayne Beiber) may have been a clue... but alas I suppose finding a clue may be too much to ask.

To Maddow's credit, she is taking this as a chance to laugh at herself... even having a "Christwire stories we're glad we didn't fall for" post on her blog. So kudos to her for that. But still, in this era of discussion on misinformation here on the CCB, this shouldn't be ignored.

Sack </div></div>

The list of hoaxes or satire taken as fact is long, and some outlets get punked more often than others. (cough, FoxNews, cough) Fox and Friends reported that the LA police department was going to buy jet-packs in the thousands at $100k a pop, for but one example.

Frankly, for all Ms. Maddow's academic cred (Rhodes Scholar, doctorate in poly-sci I think), she's stumbled into some howling errors from time to time that have had me shouting at the big screen.

One was when she criticized someone else for referring to the preamble to the Constitution, claiming that there was no preamble to the Constitution, just a preamble to the Declaration of Independence?!?! (She corrected herself sheepishly the next day's broadcast. Fine, obviously that correction was a good thing, but how could she make that error in the first place?)

Recently, last month or two, she put up graphics to show the extent of the national debt from Reagan forwards. Problem: 'billions' were shown captioned as 'millions,' and 'trillions' were captioned as 'billions.' They got the FIRST numbers correctly, but misstated by three orders of magnitude what their trail of zeros would be. As in, 'when Reagan came in, the national debt was $900 MILLION,' which was both what the graphic said, and what MADDOW also said.

Bob Somerby (dailyhowler.com, from the left side) heavily criticizes both Maddow and Olbermann as obnoxious frauds who chew the scenery and hurt liberal causes by so unnecessarily offending the other side when they make their stentorious points. I wouldn't go as far as Bob, but when they both turned their anger at HRC in the primary season, I saw what he means.

Sev
02-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Rhodes Scholar??? I didnt know she was Rhode Island.

JohnnyD
02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Ohh My!

JohnnyD
02-02-2011, 02:11 PM
The truth will set them free.

Gayle in MD
02-03-2011, 09:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwK35y4kr_E&feature=player_embedded

Sack </div></div>

Oh no, lets not ignore it. It has such a devastating impact on a very critical situation, which any responsibole media person, or politician, would know, is far to dangerous and fragile at the moment, mto be out there fear mongering about, and spreading ridiculous predictions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mXMtLmhQ74

LWW
02-03-2011, 11:15 AM
I hear they have plenty of carpet in the state of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.

LWW

LWW
02-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Why do you hate the truth?

LWW

JohnnyD
02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Excellent post.

JohnnyD
02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
The truth will set them free.

Qtec
02-03-2011, 09:14 PM
To be fair, when it cames to the RW, its sometimes difficult to separate hoax from serious comment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Sean Hannity Suggests The U.S. Invade Kuwait And “Take All Their Oil”</span>

During the Great American Panel segment of Hannity last night (1/14/11), Hannity said:

There’s two things I’ve said. I said why isn’t Iraq paying us back with oil, and paying every American family and their soldiers that lost loved ones or have injured soldiers, and why didn’t they pay for their own liberation? For the Kuwait oil minister: how short his memory is. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>You know, we have every right to go in there and frankly take all their oil and make THEM pay for the liberation as these sheiks, etcetera, etcetera, you know were living in hotels in London and New York, as Trump pointed out, and now they’re gouging us.</span> </div></div>

LOL

Q