Soflasnapper
02-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Starts with the obvious, and then goes on from there (cited from Bodog):

Super Bowl XLV Odds
Pittsburgh Steelers +3
Green Bay Packer -3
TOTAL Over/Under 45

Super Bowl Media Props
Super Bowl XLV Specials - What will the TV Rating be?
Over/Under Nielsen Rating 46

Super Bowl XLV Specials - Which region will have the higher local TV Rating?
Pittsburgh -140
Green Bay EVEN

Super Bowl XLV - How long will it take Christina Aguilera to sing the National Anthem?
Over/Under 1 minute 50 seconds

Super Bowl XLV - How long will Christina Aguilera hold the note “Brave” at the end of the National Anthem?
Over/Under 6 seconds

Super Bowl XLV Specials - Will Christina Aguilera wear a cowboy hat while singing the National Anthem?
Yes 3/1

Super Bowl XLV Specials - Will Christina Aguilera's hair color be anything
except completely blonde when she sings the National Anthem?
Yes 7/4

Super Bowl XLV Specials - What will Fergie be wearing when she appears
first on stage during the Super Bowl Halftime Show?
Skirt/Dress 1/1
Pants (Below Knees) 1/1
Shorts (Above Knees) 7/2
Thong/G-String/Bikini Bottom 10/1

Super Bowl XLV Specials - Will Fergie be dressed as a Dallas Cowboys
Cheerleader at any point during the Halftime show?
Yes 5/1

Super Bowl XLV - How Many Times will FOX show Jerry Jones on TV during the Game?
Over/Under 3
(Wager is on the number of times Jerry Jones will appear on TV during the Game
(from kick off until final whistle). Live pictures only, Any Taped Pictures or Past Video
does not count towards wager.)

Super Bowl XLV – Who will FOX show first on TV during the game?
Jessica Szohr (Aaron Rodgers’ Girlfriend) -140
Ashley Harlan (Ben Roethlisberger’s Fiancée) Even

Super Bowl XLV - How Many Times will FOX mention “Brett Favre” on TV during the Game?
Over/Under 2.5
(Wager is on the number of times “Brett Favre” will be mentioned on TV during the Game
(from kick off until final whistle). Live commentary only, Any Taped or Past Video does not
count towards wager, must say “Brett Favre” exactly.)

Super Bowl XLV - How Many Times will FOX mention “Lockout” on TV during the Game?
Over/Under 2.5
(Wager is on the number of times “Lockout” will be mentioned on TV during the Game
(from kick off until final whistle). Live commentary only, Any Taped or Past Video does not
count towards wager, must say “Lockout” exactly.)

Super Bowl XLV - Who will the FOX announcers say has better hair TV during the Game?
Troy Polamalu -120
Clay Matthews -120

Super Bowl XLV - What Color will the Gatorade be that is dumped on the Head Coach of the Winning Super Bowl Team?
Yellow 3/2
Clear/Water 2/1
Orange 5/2
Lime Green 5/1
Red 15/2
Blue 10/1

Super Bowl XLV - What side of the ball will the Players that perform the Gatorade Shower be from?
Offensive +150
Defensive -200

Super Bowl XLV - Who will the Super Bowl MVP of the Game thank first?
God 3/2
Does Not Thank Anyone 2/1
Teammates 5/2
Family 4/1
Coach 10/1

Super Bowl XLV - Will a punt hit the scoreboard during the game?
Yes 10/1

Super Bowl XLV Specials - Will a Steelers player do the Aaron Rodgers
Championship Belt Celebration during the game?
Yes EVEN
No -140

Super Bowl XLV Specials - Will Any Player do the Lambeau Leap after a TD?
Yes 2/1

Super Bowl XLV - Who will President Obama pick to win the game?
Pittsburgh Steelers -140
Green Bay Packers Even

Super Bowl XLV -How many current NFL Players will be arrested during Super Bowl Week?
Over 0.5 +150
Under 0.5 -200

Super Bowl XLV - Which Super Bowl commercial will have a higher rating
on USA Today's annual Ad Meter?
Bud Light 11/4
Budweiser 11/4
Doritos 11/2
Pepsi Max 6/1
GoDaddy.com 10/1
Skechers 12/1
Teleflora 15/1
Other 5/2

Super Bowl XLV Specials - If there is a picture of someone holding the Lombardi Trophy
on the Cover of the USA Today on Monday February 7th, who will it be?
Aaron Rodgers 3/2
Ben Roethlisberger 3/1
Troy Polamalu 12/1
Clay Matthews 15/1
Mike Tomlin 18/1
Mike McCarthy 18/1
Any Other Pittsburgh Player 2/1
Any Other Green Bay Player 2/1
Any Other Person 15/1
Jerry Jones 100/1

Super Bowl XLV Specials - What will happen with the Dow Jones the day after the Super Bowl?
Market Up -140
Market Down EVEN

Super Bowl Game Props
Super Bowl XLV - What will be the result of the Super Bowl XLV Coin Toss?
Heads (Coin Toss) -105
Tails (Coin Toss) -105

Super Bowl XLV - Team to win the opening coin toss
Pittsburgh Steelers (Win Opening Coin Toss) -105
Green Bay Packers (Win Opening Coin Toss) -105

Super Bowl XLV - Team to score first in the game
Pittsburgh Steelers (Score First) Even
Green Bay Packers (Score First) -130

sack316
02-05-2011, 02:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Super Bowl XLV - How long will Christina Aguilera hold the note “Brave” at the end of the National Anthem?
Over/Under 6 seconds
</div></div>

I think the over on this one will be my lock pick of the week!

Sack

Gayle in MD
02-05-2011, 11:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Over/Under 6 seconds
</div></div>

I think the over on this one will be my lock pick of the week!

Sack </div></div>

I think this bet should have been on the word/note, "Free"...since that's the note that is usually held for a long time.

Just a thought. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
02-05-2011, 12:00 PM
What are the odds that Gee will blame Bush if her team loses?

LWW

Stretch
02-05-2011, 12:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the odds that Gee will blame Bush if her team loses?

LWW </div></div>

About the same odds as you blaming Obama. St.

LWW
02-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Nope.

The odds of that would be zero.

LWW

Stretch
02-05-2011, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope.

The odds of that would be zero.

LWW </div></div>

Well there's your answer then. St.

Sev
02-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Does Obama still intend to attend?
If so perhaps he will decide to coach.

eg8r
02-06-2011, 02:14 AM
Here team has a long ways to go if they ever want to win a Super Bowl. They could probably get a head start by firing the owner. He has made some seriously stupid moves.

eg8r

eg8r
02-06-2011, 02:15 AM
I think the Steelers win it. Pouncey should be good for one snap so at least he can tell his grandkids he actually played in the Super Bowl.

eg8r

LWW
02-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Every time I think of the game I come up with a different winner by a slim margin.

I like both teams and hope for, and anticipate, a great game.

As far as betting lines on the game ... this one is too close for my system to even consider.

LWW

sack316
02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every time I think of the game I come up with a different winner by a slim margin.

I like both teams and hope for, and anticipate, a great game.

As far as betting lines on the game ... this one is too close for my system to even consider.

LWW </div></div>

I'm right with you. I've been back and forth on this for two weeks. I got bugged to give a pick, so I finally settled on the Pack (-3) and the over about 5 minutes ago. I won't be betting on it, though.

Sack

eg8r
02-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Who thought she would screw up the lyrics?

eg8r

LWW
02-07-2011, 01:21 PM
I was hoping for Fergie to have a wardrobe malfunction.

LWW

sack316
02-07-2011, 04:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who thought she would screw up the lyrics?

eg8r </div></div>

I wouldn't have guessed she would. I mean, she's been performing since she was a little kid and a huge pop star for what, like 15 years now? So it's not like it would be the first time she sang it, and not like she's an up-and-comer cutting her chops making the first big live performance. That really surprised me.

Where's coach Mo Cheeks when we need him? (bonus points for anyone who actually remembers that reference!)

Sack

sack316
02-07-2011, 04:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was hoping for Fergie to have a wardrobe malfunction.

LWW </div></div>

Black Eyed Peas are a malfunction

Sack

Sev
02-07-2011, 04:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who thought she would screw up the lyrics?

eg8r </div></div>

Def a Willie Nelson moment.

eg8r
02-07-2011, 06:34 PM
I guess you are not a big fan. LOL, my son came home tonight singing "tonight's gonna be a good good night". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-07-2011, 06:43 PM
I heard a sports guy saying she got confused because of her ad libbing (execrable howling, I'd say). Maybe.

Soflasnapper
02-07-2011, 06:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was hoping for Fergie to have a wardrobe malfunction.

LWW </div></div>

Black Eyed Peas are a malfunction

Sack </div></div>

True that.

eg8r
02-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I definitely prefer a more traditional approach when singing that song. It is such a beautiful song that it does not need embelishment. The song gets butchered with all those R&B runs that everyone tries to add. Musicians fall into the same trap as they begin arpeggiating and improvising. Just play the notes that are written and let the song speak for itself.

To be honest if you are on that stage singing that song, you have no reason to prove your abilities. Just sing the song please.

eg8r

sack316
02-07-2011, 09:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess you are not a big fan. LOL, my son came home tonight singing "tonight's gonna be a good good night". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

lol nope. Well I take that back... their very first song that I can remember "Where is the love" was a good one I thought. It was catchy, had a good message, and the lyrics had meaning to them.

Since then... well I was going to cite some awful lyrics but couldn't narrow it down enough to post what I thought the worst were /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I suppose they have some catchy beats and such, and if I were a dance club type of person or entering puberty I may enjoy them. But for now all I know is my "singing" is as equally sub par as them(=), my lyrical writing is actually better(+), I probably can't mix or sample as good as Will I Am(-)... so all things musically are roughly equal when we sum it up. I know I'd be horrible, I know they are horrible. Yet they be rich and I be po'... they be famous and I be infamous lol. So I hate them /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

sack316
02-07-2011, 09:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I definitely prefer a more traditional approach when singing that song. It is such a beautiful song that it does not need embelishment. The song gets butchered with all those R&B runs that everyone tries to add. Musicians fall into the same trap as they begin arpeggiating and improvising. Just play the notes that are written and let the song speak for itself.

To be honest if you are on that stage singing that song, you have no reason to prove your abilities. Just sing the song please.

eg8r </div></div>

the one good (great) embellishment was Whitney Houston's version. I think since then everyone has just tried to top that somehow and it just doesn't work.

Sack

Soflasnapper
02-07-2011, 10:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I definitely prefer a more traditional approach when singing that song. It is such a beautiful song that it does not need embelishment. The song gets butchered with all those R&B runs that everyone tries to add. Musicians fall into the same trap as they begin arpeggiating and improvising. Just play the notes that are written and let the song speak for itself.

eg8r </div></div>

Butchered, I agree. MAYBE, the best improviser of all times could add something of value. The people they choose? Not a chance.

Gayle in MD
02-10-2011, 11:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I definitely prefer a more traditional approach when singing that song. It is such a beautiful song that it does not need embelishment. The song gets butchered with all those R&B runs that everyone tries to add. Musicians fall into the same trap as they begin arpeggiating and improvising. Just play the notes that are written and let the song speak for itself.

eg8r </div></div>

the one good (great) embellishment was Whitney Houston's version. I think since then everyone has just tried to top that somehow and it just doesn't work.

Sack </div></div>

IMO, no one has ever topped Marian Anderson, on the steps of the Lincoln memorial.

Soflasnapper
02-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Robert Merrill, the old bass/baritone from the Metropolitan Opera, used to sing the anthem for Yankees' games.

The rolling thunder of that man's voice was completely awesome, and something that no female voice register could ever compete with.

I remember him opening a Yankees/Dodgers world series, and he literally moved me to tears. A force of nature, that voice!