PDA

View Full Version : More Glenn Beck craziness!

LWW
02-05-2011, 06:44 AM
<span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 26pt'><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijNjNvbSesc&feature=related" target="_blank">HE MUST BE BANNED!!!

THIS INFO CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO BE DISSEMINATED TO THE PEOPLE!!!

DO NOT CLICK HERE IF YOU ARE A LEFTIST!!!

THIS WILL CAUSE YOU TO GOUGE OUT YOUR OWN EYES AND MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING SENT TO A REEDUCATION CAMP!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!</a></span></span>

LWW

Sev
02-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Simultaneous combustion for sure. Get your cameras ready!!!

pooltchr
02-05-2011, 08:04 AM
This should be madnatory viewing in every school in the country. Perhaps if our students were educated about the actual foundation of the country, they would see how the progressives have pulled us off course.

Gayle....whatever you do, don't watch this video!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

LWW
02-05-2011, 11:48 AM
I tried my best to warn them all.

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Even a crazy person may seem sane for quite a while, until he gets on the topic he's crazy about.

Beck's hobby horse is progressivism, about which he has a considerable crazy tic affect. Theodore Roosevelt started progressivism? How did it then create the Interstate Commerce Commission, the Sherman Anti-Trust Act and many other regulatory bodies in the 19th century well before TR even rose to prominence with his Rough Riders in Cuba?

So this is quite the mish-mosh, with Napolitano even claiming that tariffs were somehow alien and unConstitutional inventions of progressives, when tariffs were present at the founding, and the greatest source of federal revenues for a century or more.

Bad history, bad 'historians' (known to lie for Jesus, I guess), and bad Beck.

Stretch
02-05-2011, 03:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even a crazy person may seem sane for quite a while, until he gets on the topic he's crazy about.

Beck's hobby horse is progressivism, about which he has a considerable crazy tic affect. Theodore Roosevelt started progressivism? How did it then create the Interstate Commerce Commission, the Sherman Anti-Trust Act and many other regulatory bodies in the 19th century well before TR even rose to prominence with his Rough Riders in Cuba?

So this is quite the mish-mosh, with Napolitano even claiming that tariffs were somehow alien and unConstitutional inventions of progressives, when tariffs were present at the founding, and the greatest source of federal revenues for a century or more.

Bad history, bad 'historians' (known to lie for Jesus, I guess), and bad Beck.

</div></div>

Ahmen. St.

pooltchr
02-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I have to admire your ability to write so much, and say so little.

Steve

Soflasnapper
02-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Fast typist, slow thinker.

LWW
02-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Excellent post.

LWW

Qtec
02-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Five links to the same nutty clip?

You know I can't watch more than 3 mins of Beck before going into convulsions.

Q

Qtec
02-06-2011, 12:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even a crazy person may seem sane for quite a while, </div></div>

Yeah, like for 5 minutes! After that its obvious, at least to the sane. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q

Qtec
02-06-2011, 12:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to admire your ability to write so much, and say so little.

Steve </div></div>

You must be joking.

At least what he says is based in fact, not based on RW TPs, Fox News dis-info and G Beck fantasies.

Q

Q

LWW
02-06-2011, 04:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Five links to the same nutty clip?

You know I can't watch more than 3 mins of Beck before going into convulsions.

Q </div></div>

I warned you what the truth would do to you.

LWW

LWW
02-06-2011, 04:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to admire your ability to write so much, and say so little.

Steve </div></div>

You must be joking.

At least what he says is based in fact, not based on RW TPs, Fox News dis-info and G Beck fantasies.

Q

Q </div></div>

Explain to us where the clip is inaccurate?

What's that?

It wasn't?

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-06-2011, 01:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to admire your ability to write so much, and say so little.

Steve </div></div>

You must be joking.

Q

Q </div></div>

Explain to us where the clip is inaccurate?

What's that?

It wasn't?

LWW </div></div>

I mentioned two errors, one from Beck and one from Napolitano.

TR was NOT the creator of the progressive movement, since it had already been around a decade or more and had passed significant regulatory laws when TR was dashing around being dashing.

And tariffs were not some progressive invention, but present from the beginning of the country, and before (in the Articles of Confederation).

Then there's the whole dodge of 'we the people,' when THE PEOPLE were never asked, and never voted, which Beck and co. like and thought should still exist as in the election of US senators by state legislatures.

llotter
02-06-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't think Beck ever claimed that TR was the creator of the progressive movement but probably the first president to embrace it to expand the limits of federal powers. And I don't think Beck made any claim about tariffs being a progressive invention either.

We The People in the form of their representatives through the state legislatures, voted to ratify the Constitution and the amendments. Generally the phrase is used in opposition to the federal power grabs beyond the Enumerated Powers.

Soflasnapper
02-06-2011, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think Beck ever claimed that TR was the creator of the progressive movement but probably the first president to embrace it to expand the limits of federal powers. And I don't think Beck made any claim about tariffs being a progressive invention either.

We The People in the form of their representatives through the state legislatures, voted to ratify the Constitution and the amendments. Generally the phrase is used in opposition to the federal power grabs beyond the Enumerated Powers. </div></div>

If you didn't hear those two things I mentioned in the linked clip, please re-listen.

LWW
02-06-2011, 03:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think Beck ever claimed that TR was the creator of the progressive movement but probably the first president to embrace it to expand the limits of federal powers. And I don't think Beck made any claim about tariffs being a progressive invention either.

We The People in the form of their representatives through the state legislatures, voted to ratify the Constitution and the amendments. Generally the phrase is used in opposition to the federal power grabs beyond the Enumerated Powers. </div></div>

Don't confuse them with reality.

LWW