PDA

View Full Version : John Boehner on the Imus show.

Chopstick
02-05-2011, 08:59 AM
This is funny no matter which side you are on. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

John Boehner (http://www.imus.com/video/2011/1/25/rep-john-boehner-gets-emotional.html)

Soflasnapper
02-05-2011, 11:51 AM
So far, only Bill O'Reilly has raised the question of Boehner's crying being unseemly, from the right side.

Some may prefer to think of it as being honest and transparent, 'cause the Boehner agenda is indeed a crying shame.

LWW
02-05-2011, 01:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So far, only Bill O'Reilly has raised the question of Boehner's crying being unseemly, from the right side.

Some may prefer to think of it as being honest and transparent, 'cause the Boehner agenda is indeed a crying shame. </div></div>

What about it do you disagree with, and why?

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-05-2011, 05:41 PM
What about it do you disagree with, and why?

See my austerity post for why such economic plans are ruinous for the country.

pooltchr
02-05-2011, 07:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about it do you disagree with, and why?

See my austerity post for why such economic plans are ruinous for the country. </div></div>

You don't seriously believe the crap in that post you made, do you?

I thought you were a reasonably intelligent person who just happened to buy into the leftist agenda.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Steve

LWW
02-06-2011, 04:43 AM
I always took mac to be a leftist without the rudeness of the cabal.

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-06-2011, 11:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about it do you disagree with, and why?

See my austerity post for why such economic plans are ruinous for the country. </div></div>

You don't seriously believe the crap in that post you made, do you?

I thought you were a reasonably intelligent person who just happened to buy into the leftist agenda.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Steve </div></div>

I am trying to give the benefit of the same to others, that they are reasonably intelligent people who simply have fallen prey to bad information (occasionally but not usually factual, but even when factual, leaving half the facts off the table, and so, constructively false, overall).

In my view, most who are convinced by such untruths, or half-truths, are relatively blameless, because they are being aggressively lied to by professional propagandists, who do indeed make plausible sounding claims.

But the fact is, and as that article lays out, these austerity measures now proposed and favored by the GOP and Boehner and the Tea Party have not yielded improved results overseas, and rather, they appear to have worsened the economic situation, as Keynesian or neo-Keynesian theory would have predicted. And as it also predicts if we go down that road here.

There are holes and problems with neo-Keynesian theory, of course, but its original thesis about the demand side of the economy still hold up.

It was the non-liberal, libertarian and conservative hero Milton Friedman who analyzed the problem with the Depression was the 30% drop in the money supply that exacerbated and prolonged the economic crisis. Bernanke is a self-acknowledged student of the Depression and Friedman's critique of Fed policy in that day, and his policies, like Obama's, keep in mind the important truths that the Depression cemented as realities in economic theory.

Chopstick
02-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Aww come on guys. It's freaking funny not a political statement. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Soflasnapper
02-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Aww come on Chopstick. It's thread drift, not anything to do with Boehner. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif