PDA

View Full Version : Republicans and Money -- A Quick Study in Proverbs

Qtec
02-10-2011, 07:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republicans and Money -- A Quick Study in Proverbs

Endorsed by the ‘Christian’ right, Republicans successfully bought the 2010 election with massive cash donations from undisclosed sources, many foreign, and a one promise campaign: extend the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans. Many of these conservative ‘Christians,’ who call the Bible inerrant, cannot actually have read the book; else they would not have contradicted themselves by voting Republican. For consider the Proverbs.

He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want. --Proverbs 22:16

Extending tax relief to the wealthy at the expense of necessary services for the poor does exactly what the scriptures warn as being evil, and deleterious to the soul. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Here in Florida, my local ‘Christian’ radio station, WTBN, endorsed Republican Rick Scott for Governor of Florida; and not just by implying, but by stating outright that doing so was the righteous way to cast a vote. Rick Scott is a CRIMINAL. He should be in jail for defrauding the government of 1.7 BILLION dollars; instead he’s now in CHARGE of the government.</span>

Now that he’s taken office, here are some of the highlights of the budget proposal Scott released earlier this week. He wants to cut education by 3.3 billion dollars over two years, while increasing the amount spent on private school vouchers by 250 million dollars in 2012. He wants to cut 3 billion dollars in Medicaid spending over two years. Medicaid provides health care for the poor. He wants to cut 178 million dollars and 1800 jobs from the Department of Children and Families; and 173 million dollars and 155 jobs from the Agency for Persons With Disabilities. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>And what does he plan to do with all those monies saved? The corporate income tax would drop from 5.5 percent to 3 percent in 2011-2012, and be phased out completely by 2018. And many Republican governors around the country are similarly waging war on the poor on behalf of the wealthy patrons who helped install them in their offices.</span>

The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it. --Proverbs 29:7

<u>According to the inerrant Bible, Rick Scott is a wicked man. And by proxy, so are the voters on whose behalf he is acting, and who had the unashamed gall to endorse his candidacy in the name of Christ.</u> Over at WTBN, I heard both station manager Chris Gould and morning personality Bill Carl express on air their breathless relief and exultation that the Republicans had won the election. </div></div>

Read on.. link (http://authorbob.blogspot.com/2011/02/republicans-and-money-quick-study-in.html)

Q

llotter
02-10-2011, 09:17 AM
I am not a biblical scholar but I don't remember ever hearing that the Democrat/Left policy of being generous to the poor by using the police powers of the state to take (steal) it from others and then, after pocketing their fair share, handing it out in a way that benefits themselves most. I don't think that process even comes close to anything taught by our Judeo/Christian heritage, in fact, it is exactly the opposite.

It is SOP for the Left to steal not only the property of others so they can act charitable on their own behalf but the also to steal the language of good and decent people for their own corrupt purposes. Now, it might make some sense if the Christian way proved inadequate but, no, is is the Left's methods that have failed in such a spectacular way over the years but the corruption of their power has trumped any adverse consequences that they have caused.

Soflasnapper
02-10-2011, 01:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not a biblical scholar but I don't remember ever hearing that the Democrat/Left policy of being generous to the poor by using the police powers of the state to take (steal) it from others and then, after pocketing their fair share, handing it out in a way that benefits themselves most. I don't think that process even comes close to anything taught by our Judeo/Christian heritage, in fact, it is exactly the opposite.

It is SOP for the Left to steal not only the property of others so they can act charitable on their own behalf but the also to steal the language of good and decent people for their own corrupt purposes. Now, it might make some sense if the Christian way proved inadequate but, no, is is the Left's methods that have failed in such a spectacular way over the years but the corruption of their power has trumped any adverse consequences that they have caused.

</div></div>

One doesn't need a Biblical analysis, although I agree with Q's take here.

Simply put, Florida, like many states, has a budget shortfall that must by law be bridged. No deficits are allowed.

We have a substantial shortfall, so the cuts required were always going to be painful, and hard to sort out the worthier spending from areas that are less worthy, to best cut back spending while honoring priority areas (whatever anyone's theory is as to what should be more protected or more sacrificed).

So Gov. Scott sees this budget mess, and decides to make it WORSE, requiring more cuts than it would otherwise have required, in order to worship at the altar of Mammon and do 'popular' tax cutting. Not only corporate tax rates, but a promised property tax cut, which will be expensive but offer individual home owners only a couple hundred dollars savings max.

If Florida cannot afford the spending, neither can it afford billions in tax cuts that will require the spending be cut still more billions than elsewise. The Sun-Sentinel yesterday reported that these additional trims to state revenues will cause 1,800+ teachers be fired in Broward county alone.

It's pretty simple. We've had a Republican governor and a Republican state house here in Florida for some time now. (Crist followed Bush's two terms.) THOSE people set the current taxing rates, and undoubtedly had already greased the palms of their wealthy supporters with regard to tax rates and tax breaks.

Now, the new guy thinks the status quo isn't sufficiently favorable to money interests, and explicitly favors the money interests over the broad needs of the people (who 'steal' in your terms, to do public works like educate the young generation and provide health and safety services to everyone, including the neediest).

llotter
02-10-2011, 06:55 PM
I was only commenting on the hypocrisy of Lefties quoting the bible to critique spending policies of the FL governor when their own policies are far more deserving of that critique.

LWW
02-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Excellent post.

LWW

Gayle in MD
02-12-2011, 12:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not a biblical scholar but I don't remember ever hearing that the Democrat/Left policy of being generous to the poor by using the police powers of the state to take (steal) it from others and then, after pocketing their fair share, handing it out in a way that benefits themselves most. I don't think that process even comes close to anything taught by our Judeo/Christian heritage, in fact, it is exactly the opposite.

</div></div>

One doesn't need a Biblical analysis, although I agree with Q's take here.

Simply put, Florida, like many states, has a budget shortfall that must by law be bridged. No deficits are allowed.

We have a substantial shortfall, so the cuts required were always going to be painful, and hard to sort out the worthier spending from areas that are less worthy, to best cut back spending while honoring priority areas (whatever anyone's theory is as to what should be more protected or more sacrificed).

So Gov. Scott sees this budget mess, and decides to make it WORSE, requiring more cuts than it would otherwise have required, in order to worship at the altar of Mammon and do 'popular' tax cutting. Not only corporate tax rates, but a promised property tax cut, which will be expensive but offer individual home owners only a couple hundred dollars savings max.

If Florida cannot afford the spending, neither can it afford billions in tax cuts that will require the spending be cut still more billions than elsewise. The Sun-Sentinel yesterday reported that these additional trims to state revenues will cause 1,800+ teachers be fired in Broward county alone.

It's pretty simple. We've had a Republican governor and a Republican state house here in Florida for some time now. (Crist followed Bush's two terms.) THOSE people set the current taxing rates, and undoubtedly had already greased the palms of their wealthy supporters with regard to tax rates and tax breaks.

Now, the new guy thinks the status quo isn't sufficiently favorable to money interests, and explicitly favors the money interests over the broad needs of the people (who 'steal' in your terms, to do public works like educate the young generation and provide health and safety services to everyone, including the neediest). </div></div>

Excellent summation!

Gayle in MD
02-12-2011, 12:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was only commenting on the hypocrisy of Lefties quoting the bible to critique spending policies of the FL governor when their own policies are far more deserving of that critique. </div></div>

What a crock!

Government charts prove, Republicans have no honor, and cannot run the country, without destroying the Middle Class, and leaving the poor and the ill, to suffer, unaided.

The FACT is, no country survives, without a strong Middle Class.

Republicans are by and large, liars, crooks, and fear mongering pigs, who have NO HONOR, and NO HUMAN DECENCY!