PDA

View Full Version : lets vote

Qtec
02-11-2011, 07:12 AM
If you make a claim, you post a link.

This would do away with the fly-by posters playing games and making absurd claims. No more 40 one-liner fly-by posts from sev or Lww to hide the threads they don't like.

I was on a RW forum for a while and if you didnt post a link you got an immediate warning........the non RW that is.LOL

3 warnings and you got a 6 month ban!

On a forum, "I am right" [ from Dorothy ] IMO is not an answer or in any way acceptable .

Any thoughts?

Q

Sev
02-11-2011, 07:28 AM
I always post a link.

http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=336434#Post336434

LWW
02-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Physician heal thyself.

LWW

Qtec
02-11-2011, 07:43 AM
So that's 2 posts now that are a total waste of space.

Q

Sev
02-11-2011, 08:09 AM
What?
My threads generally start with an accompanying link.
When making a point and not an opinion I post links.
I dont see the problem here.

Qtec
02-11-2011, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What?
My threads generally start with an accompanying link. </div></div>

Maybe your threads do but your posts don't. Check your last 10 posts. how many one-liners?

Q

Sev
02-11-2011, 08:55 AM
One liners are what they are.

pooltchr
02-11-2011, 09:04 AM
3 posts from Q in this thread, and no links!!!!
Should he be banned??

Steve

pooltchr
02-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Q.

Here is a thought for you. This is a discussion board. That means some people actually have opinions that aren't taken from someone else. What you are suggesting is that we should all find someone else to tell us what we think.

You've been feeding from the spoon too long. Try thinking for yourself.

Steve

eg8r
02-11-2011, 09:33 AM
My thoughts are who cares if there is a link or not if the link is merely an editorial of someone else's opinion. This is what you are famous for, taking the opinion of someone else and calling it "fact".

eg8r

eg8r
02-11-2011, 09:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe your threads do but your posts don't. Check your last 10 posts. how many one-liners?
</div></div>What about your one-liner about blacks not wanting to work for slave labor? Are you going to start acting like gayle now and hoise the mantra of "do what I say not what I do".

eg8r

Chopstick
02-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Why were you on a RW forum?

Stretch
02-11-2011, 11:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why were you on a RW forum? </div></div>

Except for a few thick skined holdouts, that's what this is. Or more precisly LWW's personal blog site. Politics is just his framework to lie, insult, demean, redicule, and fan the flames. Even the few (2?) that argue in good faith are subjected to his acid tongue. No wonder only him and his sock puppets participate. Since he starts 90% of the threads, and plasters every single one wheather his or not, with his delusions he is by defacto setting the "tone" of discusion. Little surprise then it is what it is. A right wing forum. st.

pooltchr
02-11-2011, 12:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why were you on a RW forum? </div></div>

Except for a few thick skined holdouts, that's what this is. Or more precisly LWW's personal blog site. Politics is just his framework to lie, insult, demean, redicule, and fan the flames. Even the few (2?) that argue in good faith are subjected to his acid tongue. No wonder only him and his sock puppets participate. Since he starts 90% of the threads, and plasters every single one wheather his or not, with his delusions he is by defacto setting the "tone" of discusion. Little surprise then it is what it is. A right wing forum. st. </div></div>

You got a link to that?????? LOL
Q says opinions without links don't count!

Steve

Soflasnapper
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I understand what you're trying to do with this idea, but I don't think it can work.

If I write 10 things in a post, I don't really want to go get 10 links, footnote-style. Nor could I necessarily find authoritative sources, but rather more subjective op/ed pieces or something, which would themselves require links or footnotes to make their assertions credible or at least sourced.

I used to spend a lot of time in the early '90s, pre-WWW internet, on the bulletin boards offered at Compuserve, including a special forum dedicated to discussing Rush, another, the JFK assassination, etc., which you can correctly imagine were very heated. LOTS of contributors, lots of controversies, threads going on to the hundreds, even thousands, of posted replies.

In all that time, I don't recall anyone really changing their minds about anything (at least not saying they were convinced on the board), and rarely was it even two people on the same side comparing notes, either. Mainly it was attack and counter-attack. That's the nature of these beasts.

It is an exercise in futility if changing minds is the goal. Links or no links.

(Just to offer a glimmer of hope, however, there was that one time that LWW explained why the Fair Tax 'inclusive' number was a reasonable way to compare it to how the effective income tax rate is stated. I did change my mind (after calling that scoring method a fraud and a scam), and said so, thanking LWW. But then again, that was me doing that.)

JohnnyD
02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you make a claim, you post a link.

This would do away with the fly-by posters playing games and making absurd claims. No more 40 one-liner fly-by posts from sev or Lww to hide the threads they don't like.

I was on a RW forum for a while and if you didnt post a link you got an immediate warning........the non RW that is.LOL

On a forum, "I am right" [ from Dorothy ] IMO is not an answer or in any way acceptable .

Any thoughts?

Q
</div></div>You sound like that young kid hondo and that is not good.

LWW
02-11-2011, 03:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3 posts from Q in this thread, and no links!!!!
Should he be banned??

Steve </div></div>

He's an elitist leftist ... thereby he honestly believes that the rules he wants should be followed by everyone with which he disagrees.

But, of course, the O-cult is exempt.

LWW

Gayle in MD
02-12-2011, 12:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you make a claim, you post a link.

Any thoughts?

Q
</div></div>

We're dealing with Rw people on here who watch Fox, and listen to Limbaugh! People who believe and defend others, like Glen Beck, Sara Palin, Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, George Bush, and take their collective lies and propaganda and denials, seriously!

People who think President Obama, wasn't born in the U.S.!

People who deny testimony from experts! Deny Scientific FACTS!

What good does it do to post links for proof, when they don't even own up to what they do right here?

People so ignorant that they deny the findings of five former Secertaries of State, from both parties, who clearly stated, that Bush's illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq, was the worst foreign policy decision in American History!

People who deny the findings of our own National Intelligence Estimate!

Deny that Wall Street, picked our collective pockets! Defend the very pigs who did it!

Think Trickle down, isn't redistribution of wealth to the top! Deny that that is what Republicans, ALWAYS DO!

Deny the Republican destruction of the Middle Class, the environement, America's honor.

People who still deny the disastrous legacy that Bush and the Republican Blank Check congress, made and dumped upon this country!

Deniers who refuse to even acknowledge that there was a concerted, organized plan, by the Bush White House, to out a covert, noc, CIA agent! Even Deny her classification, after it was proven in courts of law!

People so ignorant and uninformed, that one wrote that deficits didn't matter, while Bush and the Republicans were running them up, and then howled like a hound dog, when Dems and Obama, had to spend money to plow the country off the brink of the BUSH PENDING Depression!

IMHO, it's pointless, trying to match wits, with unarmed opponents! These are people who defend BP!!! Admire Palin! Defend and believe Beck! Defended every law and treaty, broken by Bush, and then denied the damages left by the chimp!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
“By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, journalism keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.” -Oscar Wilde
</div></div>

People who are ignorant enough to take a stand against stem cell research, deny medical facts about the many cancer causing agents created by corporate polluting pigs, who are protected by Republicans, and worse, try to under handedly legislate to force their religious views, their desire to oppress women, and others, and impose their will, to destroy legal repurcussions against rapests and child abusers!

These are people to remain Republicans, even when Republicans vote against taking decent care of our own VETERANS!

They're a bunch of Misogynistic, Homophobic, Sexist, Racists! AND, they call themselves "Christians!"

They are a waste of time.

G.

pooltchr
02-12-2011, 12:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

They're a bunch of Misogynistic, Homophobic, Sexist, Racists! AND, they call themselves "Christians!"

They are a waste of time.

G.

</div></div>

I'm so glad to see you have gotten beyond ignorant name calling.
Keep up the good work. You're starting to act like a big girl now!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Steve

LWW
02-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Excellent sarcasm.

LWW