PDA

View Full Version : If it aint broke. Dont fix it!

Sev
02-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Heh Heh!!

http://vimeo.com/19576298

Qtec
02-11-2011, 07:46 AM
..and if its broke?

Q..ignore it?

Sev
02-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Americas broke.

I bet some people are hoping that fact will be ignored.

pooltchr
02-11-2011, 08:57 AM
That does seem to be the second part of the liberal plan.

Good point, Q.

Steve

Soflasnapper
02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Speaker Pelosi was speaking in the counterfactual subjunctive mood. (I'm in that mood myself sometimes!) "Even if it WERE the case that..." It is NOT the case, and that's not what she was claiming she did.

And the reason is exactly this concern over money. Even if all were satisfied with their health care, and there were no reason to change it out of dissatisfaction (although there's plenty of reason, since that isn't true), this unregulated system which amounts to piracy against the people by a couple of huge monopolistic groups (Big Pharma, Big Insurance, the docs groups, etc.) will metastatically destroy by engulfment the entire rest of the economy.

That is, it was on an inherently unsustainable cost growth path, and what CANNOT continue, will NOT continue, one way or another.

Stretch
02-11-2011, 03:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaker Pelosi was speaking in the counterfactual subjunctive mood. (I'm in that mood myself sometimes!) "Even if it WERE the case that..." It is NOT the case, and that's not what she was claiming she did.

And the reason is exactly this concern over money. Even if all were satisfied with their health care, and there were no reason to change it out of dissatisfaction (although there's plenty of reason, since that isn't true), this unregulated system which amounts to piracy against the people by a couple of huge monopolistic groups (Big Pharma, Big Insurance, the docs groups, etc.) will metastatically destroy by engulfment the entire rest of the economy. it was on an inherently unsustainable cost growth path, and what CANNOT continue, will NOT continue, one way or another. </div></div>

Thanks Snap, i think everyone would agree with that. St

pooltchr
02-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Coming from someone who claims to not only understand, but agree with her comment about having to pass a bill to find out what is in it, your support for her comes as no surprise.

Steve

LWW
02-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Excellent post.

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-11-2011, 05:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Coming from someone who claims to not only understand, but agree with her comment about having to pass a bill to find out what is in it, your support for her comes as no surprise.

Steve </div></div>

I would be surprised myself if you did not recognize what I've just posted as the obvious predicate for her comment. You do, right? And just teasing me?

LWW
02-12-2011, 02:07 AM
This is pure doublethink:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this unregulated system which amounts to piracy against the people by a couple of huge monopolistic groups (Big Pharma, Big Insurance, the docs groups, etc.) will metastatically destroy by engulfment the entire rest of the economy.</div></div>

Now for reality:

1 - No industry in America is as regulated as medicine, so calling it unregulated piracy is simply ridiculous.

2 - If the bad guys are "BIG PHARMA" in the old system, why did "BIG PHARMA" back Obamacare to the tune of $100M+? The answer is that this freezes the profits of "BIG PHARMA" in place and shifts risk onto the taxpayer. IOW - this is simply another example of the regime implementing a fascist economy.

3 - If the bad guys are "BIG INSURANCE" in the old system, why did Obamacare require that every American subjugate itself to "BIG INSURANCE" to stay legal? The answer is that, again, this bill freezes insurance companies in place.

And, keep in mind, if their is a single left wing issue that I could buy into it's a national health care system of some type ... but this is an abomination.

LWW