PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the press.

Qtec
02-11-2011, 07:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> McConnell And Gingrich At CPAC: Dems Need To Stop Co-Opting Reagan

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Newt Gingrich took the stage at CPAC today, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>and both chastised Democrats for going around talking about how much they love Ronald Reagan.</span> <span style="color: #990000"> huh?????????</span></div></div>

At this point someone should have asked him for an example.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> McConnell described in his speech the "bizarre transformation" in Washington recently -- <u>"Olbermann is out, and Reagan is in."</u> He said that a lot of Democrats have been taking to the cable news channels lately, and you hear them "saying nice things about Ronald Reagan." </div></div>

He makes the most ridiculous claims and gets away with it.

Amazing.

Q... link (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/mcconnell-and-gingrich-at-cpac-dems-need-to-stop-co-opting-reagan-1.php?ref=fpb)

another link (http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/mitch_mcconnell)

Q

LWW
02-11-2011, 03:24 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gcA0ZuKGkI8/TUcB2-38fDI/AAAAAAAAJqs/p5u5VF0hpsE/s1600/Obama+loves+Reagan.jpg

NUFF SAID.

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Michael Kinsley says it is an entirely made up non-fact. I agree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Time magazine's cover this week features a Photoshopped picture of Ronald Reagan with his arm around President Obama. The cover story purports to answer the question of why Obama is channeling Reagan, a question no one was asking until Time brought it up. It's a standard newsmagazine technique to add a "why" to the thesis of a story. It makes it seem deeper, even while skipping over the hard part of whether it's true.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/48909.html#ixzz1DgsRdUA5
</div></div>

[...]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But the notion that Obama is following Reagan's example, though a characteristic newsmagazine conceit, is new. Where is the evidence? Time says it is "under the surface." Also "less substantive than stylistic and instinctive." That's for sure.

Time offers three kinds of evidence that Obama is following Reagan's path.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The third category of evidence is noncoincidences: actions and remarks so general or unobjectionable and so commonplace that they could be used to tie any president to any other. Reagan once said, "Let us … concentrate on the long-range, bipartisan responsibilities of government." Obama has "made compromise his new watchword." Obama wrote of Reagan that he "recognized the American people's hunger for accountability and change." Never mind that bipartisanship was never a big Reagan theme. Nor was compromise ever his watchword, nor accountability, nor change.
</div></div>
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/48909.html#ixzz1Dgsz5xax

LWW
02-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Obama refers to himself as Reagan. (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/02/11/obama_refers_to_himself_as_the_gipper_in_farewell_ to_gibbs.html)

LWW

Qtec
02-12-2011, 02:03 AM
No he doesn't.

Q

LWW
02-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Afraid to watch the video I see.

LWW

Qtec
02-12-2011, 03:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Afraid to watch the video I see.

LWW </div></div>

I've watch the video and read the transcript but I don't remember the word Reagan being used.
I also don't hear Obama comparing himself to anyone.

Q..............methinks poor old LWW is hearing things.

LWW
02-12-2011, 04:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Afraid to watch the video I see.

LWW </div></div>

I've watch the video and read the transcript but I don't remember the word Reagan being used.

Q..............methinks poor old LWW is hearing things. </div></div>

Reagan played George Gipp in "KNUTE ROCKNE, ALL AMERICAN" ... Gipp was a fictitious football star who was dying and asked coach Rockne to tell the Notre Dame team to "WIN ONE FOR THE GIPPER!" on his death bed, which was Reagan's most famous movie line and became the nickname which he is known by to this very day. Obama referred to himself as the Gipper and how he wished his team to win one for the Gipper.

For someone who pontificates about the US and our politics ... you know astoundingly little and seem to have no desire to change that.

LEARN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgc085FsAJc)

LWW

Stretch
02-12-2011, 04:21 AM
I too saw nothing of what was claimed. Unsurprised. Will LWW ignor reality and repeat the lie? Of course. St.

LWW
02-12-2011, 04:35 AM
That's because you also bask in the bliss of willful ignorance.

LWW

Qtec
02-12-2011, 05:06 AM
LOL. Finally got you to say it out loud.

look up the word 'context'.

Done that?

Watch the video again.

Look up the word 'joke'.

Done that?

In this case, the 'Gipper' refers to the standing POTUS, not RR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Obama recounts an anecdote about the 2004 Democratic National Convention at White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs' final press briefing:

"The most challenging problem was what tie to wear. And this went up to the very last minute. I mean, 10 minutes before we were about to go on stage we were still having an argument about ties. I had bought five, six ties. And Michelle didn't like any of them, Axelrod didn't like a couple of them -- him being one of the best dressed men in the world. So we really valued his opinion.

"And then somebody -- I don't remember who it was -- turned and said, 'You know what? What about Gibbs' tie? What about Gibbs' tie? That might look good.' And, frankly, Robert didn't want to give it up because he thought he looked really good in the tie. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>But eventually he was willing to take one for the gipper</span>, </div></div>

Are you seriously suggesting that Gibbs gave up his tie to Obama as a favour to R Reagan?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once that emotion has a target, <u>hate takes over the mind and little intellectual power remains for logical thought. </u></div></div>

You said it and its loud and clear with this piece of crap.

Q..wondering why [ as LWW himself said ]that he hates the Reps as much as the dems, why is 99.9% of his posts attacks on Obama or Dems and getting more ludicrous by the day?

LWW
02-12-2011, 05:28 AM
He said "GIPPER" and not "GIBBER" and that Gibbs gave up his tie to help win one for Obama, who Obama self referred to as the Gipper.

Surely even you aren't so brainwashed that this must be explained to you ... are you?

LWW

Stretch
02-12-2011, 06:03 AM
Yep, just what i thought, another big who-haw about nothing. Slow news day? St.

LWW
02-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Actually it was Q who made a ridiculous claim which he couldn't support, then ...

I demonstrated the TIME cover proving him wrong, then ...

I presented the audio proving him wrong, then ...

Q demonstrated his utter lack of understanding on US politics/history culture, then ...

I explained to him what "GIPPER" meant, then ...

I presented video supporting my contention, then ...

Q and you went into full denial of reality mode, then ...

Q tried a lame attempt at word parsing to deny the obvious, then ...

you attempt to spin things as if I claimed Obama and the lap dog media weren't trying to make Reaganesque comparisons of Obama.

Actually, I predicted this about 2.5 years ago ... Clinton tried to portray himself as Reaganesque also when his numbers toppled.

Here's another prediction ... the last legal trick in the book will be when they start referring to him as Barry in a lame attempt to hide the fact that America is as foreign to Obama as it is to Q.

LWW

Gayle in MD
02-12-2011, 12:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> McConnell And Gingrich At CPAC: Dems Need To Stop Co-Opting Reagan

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Newt Gingrich took the stage at CPAC today, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>and both chastised Democrats for going around talking about how much they love Ronald Reagan.</span> <span style="color: #990000"> huh?????????</span></div></div>

At this point someone should have asked him for an example.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> McConnell described in his speech the "bizarre transformation" in Washington recently -- <u>"Olbermann is out, and Reagan is in."</u> He said that a lot of Democrats have been taking to the cable news channels lately, and you hear them "saying nice things about Ronald Reagan." </div></div>

He makes the most ridiculous claims and gets away with it.

Amazing.

Q... link (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/mcconnell-and-gingrich-at-cpac-dems-need-to-stop-co-opting-reagan-1.php?ref=fpb)

another link (http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/mitch_mcconnell)

Q

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
“By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, Journalism keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.” -Oscar Wilde
</div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
02-14-2011, 08:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL. Finally got you to say it out loud.

Done that?

Watch the video again.

Look up the word 'joke'.

Done that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Obama recounts an anecdote about the 2004 Democratic National Convention at White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs' final press briefing:

"The most challenging problem was what tie to wear. And this went up to the very last minute. I mean, 10 minutes before we were about to go on stage we were still having an argument about ties. I had bought five, six ties. And Michelle didn't like any of them, Axelrod didn't like a couple of them -- him being one of the best dressed men in the world. So we really valued his opinion.

"And then somebody -- I don't remember who it was -- turned and said, 'You know what? What about Gibbs' tie? What about Gibbs' tie? That might look good.' And, frankly, Robert didn't want to give it up because he thought he looked really good in the tie. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>But eventually he was willing to take one for the gipper</span>, </div></div>

Are you seriously suggesting that Gibbs gave up his tie to Obama as a favour to R Reagan?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once that emotion has a target, <u>hate takes over the mind and little intellectual power remains for logical thought. </u></div></div>

Q..wondering why [ as LWW himself said ]that he hates the Reps as much as the dems, why is 99.9% of his posts attacks on Obama or Dems and getting more ludicrous by the day?

</div></div>

LMAO! SOOOOOOOOO true! Here's a good example of Republican Revisionist history. Note, this is really a woman, although it looks like a chicken, Neverttheless, shows how adept they are in North Carolina, at rewriting history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7A-xP0Wq8&playnext=1&list=PL2425AB1BD463492F

These righties here, are all members of the radical, RW.

And it's not a fringe group, it's the entire Republican party.

They have such an easy target to propagandize, the ignorant in the flyover states, who only watch and listen to their own radical RW, non journalistic, Republican Propagandists, posing as news people.

Absolutely hilarious!

The American Press, is owned by the radical right.

Guess who was the most freguent guest on Meet The Press, in 2009?

Newt Gingrich! A man who left office, in disgrace. Bashed the hell out of Bill Clinton, while Gingrich, himself, had been screwing around on his own wife, for years!

Married three times, divorced twice, so far, and walked out on his wife of many years, WHILE she was in the hospital, recovering from Cancer surgery, then he dumped her and left her to have to apply for aid for her medical costs.

Who was the Speaker of the House in 2009? Nancy Pelosi. How many times was she invited on Meet The Press, during 2009?

Zero!!!! That's right, not once!

The Honorable Speaker of the House, and one of the most successful in our history, was not invited once on Meet The Press, in 2009, but the proven hypocrite, and worst and most sleezy, hypocritical SOTH in history, who wasn't even holding any political office in 2009, was invited more than any other guest,in 2009!

And people deny that MSNBC, and NBC are not RW!

There is no liberal press! Fux Noise gave free campaigning exposure to how manny Republicans? How many billions in air time? The estimates I have seen have been in the multi-billions, but they call themselves, Fair and Balanced? BWA HA HA HA....what a crock! While they show their fake clips, to lie about the number of Tea Party Idiots, who are at any given place, at any given time, get caught, and skip right over it, never admitting or addressing their gross propaganda. LIARS. No wonder, the right loves them.

The rush to destroy public television, is part of the decades old, Republican thrust, to remove all liberal commentary from the public, which is why they don't want excellent programming, like Frontline, Charlie Rose, American Experience, available to the public, and why Republicans bought up the radio stations, during the Nixon Administration, once they researched, and learned that their bubba RW Voters, in the Bible Belt, only get their news from the radio in their pick up trucks!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

NBC is RADICALLY RW!

G.

Qtec
02-14-2011, 09:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He said "GIPPER" and not "GIBBER" </div></div>

Again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL. Finally got you to say it out loud.

Done that?

Watch the video again.

Look up the word 'joke'.

Done that?

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>In this case, <u>the 'Gipper'</u> refers to the standing POTUS, not RR.</span> </div></div>

What you are now exhibiting is intellectual dishonesty. Its clear to all what Obama meant.

Q

Soflasnapper
02-14-2011, 01:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Afraid to watch the video I see.

LWW </div></div>

Q..............methinks poor old LWW is hearing things. </div></div>

Reagan played George Gipp in "KNUTE ROCKNE, ALL AMERICAN" ... Gipp was a fictitious football star who was dying and asked coach Rockne to tell the Notre Dame team to "WIN ONE FOR THE GIPPER!" on his death bed, which was Reagan's most famous movie line and became the nickname which he is known by to this very day. Obama referred to himself as the Gipper and how he wished his team to win one for the Gipper.

For someone who pontificates about the US and our politics ... you know astoundingly little and seem to have no desire to change that.

LEARN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgc085FsAJc)

LWW </div></div>

Gibbs would 'take one for the gipper' means Obama is Reagan?

It's an expression, and a well-known cultural reference to that historical football player, whom, it is true, many associate with Reagan.

Since the expression is, however, 'WIN ONE for the Gipper!,' this is a changed reference, kind of a riff on the idea, and not a direct reference. It's a meld of 'take one for the team,' and 'win one for the gipper.' As such, it is a literary reference brought up to date with that change, and may just as well refer entirely to the historical character, who existed in history well before Reagan made his iconic appearance in that role.

Consider Clinton's use of the term 'comeback kid,' after his second place finish in NH. This is a commonplace term, and many others after him have been called that. (Headlines re: the Grammies said Eminem is 'the comeback kid.') Does that mean they are all being said to be Clinton?

Soflasnapper
02-14-2011, 01:17 PM
If Obama had said Gibbs would 'take one for the team,' big thinkers on the right would claim he said HE was a TEAM, prima facie proof that he suffers from multiple personality disorder.

It's an EXPRESSION, that means something other than its words alone.

bobroberts
02-14-2011, 01:58 PM
It's amazing that you people still support this POTUS.What has he done but lie to you about everything.
He was going to cut taxes, going to go through the budget line by line and cut that too.
Promised to close Gitmo.
Passed through a health care bill that was 2000 pages long that no one can understand.Now it will get pulled as unconstitutional.
Kept spending thinking it would lower unemployment except it did the reverse.
Sent more troops into Afghanistan. I could go on and on but whats the use. You all seem to have your heads up your behinds for this guy who doesn't care anything about you.

Soflasnapper
02-14-2011, 05:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's amazing that you people still support this POTUS.What has he done but lie to you about everything.
He was going to cut taxes, going to go through the budget line by line and cut that too.
Promised to close Gitmo.
Passed through a health care bill that was 2000 pages long that no one can understand.Now it will get pulled as unconstitutional.
Kept spending thinking it would lower unemployment except it did the reverse.
Sent more troops into Afghanistan. I could go on and on but whats the use. You all seem to have your heads up your behinds for this guy who doesn't care anything about you. </div></div>

The left has been very critical of Obama for more than a year now. They are relatively forced to stick with the guy, however, because of an entire lack of alternatives, given the knaves and fools who oppose him on the other side.

Like Clinton, Obama benefits greatly from his enemies, who over-reach from accurate and true criticisms, to inaccurate and false lies about him.

If it is their goal to re-elect him, by making his opponents look semi-insane, then good job. If not, then they really ought to recalibrate their attack lines, or else THEY will deliver him his second term.

LWW
02-15-2011, 12:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gibbs would 'take one for the gipper' means Obama is Reagan?</div></div>

Nobody said that.

What was said is that dear leader and the regime are attempting to cast him as Reagan ... and it's a sick joke.

LWW

Qtec
02-15-2011, 12:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gibbs would 'take one for the gipper' means Obama is Reagan?</div></div>

Nobody said that.

What was said is that dear leader and the regime are attempting to cast him as Reagan ... and it's a sick joke.

LWW </div></div>

What you are now exhibiting is intellectual dishonesty. Its clear to all what Obama meant.

Q

LWW
02-15-2011, 01:26 AM
OK ... what did he mean?

LWW

Qtec
02-15-2011, 05:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK ... what did he mean?

LWW </div></div>

link (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=336751#Post336751)

Can't you read?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">look up the word 'context'.

Done that?

Watch the video again.

Look up the word 'joke'.

Done that?

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>In this case, the 'Gipper' refers to the standing POTUS, not RR.</span> </div></div>

Q

LWW
02-15-2011, 05:39 AM
How do you consistently get it without ever getting it.

Nobody believes that Obama is Reagan ... trust me ... the point is, which you now concur with after arguing against, that Obama is referring to himself in Reaganesque terms.

Next denial of reality please.

LWW

Qtec
02-15-2011, 05:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama Refers To Himself As "The Gipper" In Farewell To Gibbs </div></div>

You said,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Obama refers to himself as Reagan."</div></div>

Give it up. Its becoming embarrassing.

Q

LWW
02-15-2011, 06:31 AM
So your point is that he didn't do it and you can prove it by showing that he did it.

Orwell was a prophet.

LWW

Gayle in MD
02-15-2011, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL. Finally got you to say it out loud.

Done that?

Watch the video again.

Look up the word 'joke'.

Done that?

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'> Q..wondering why [ as LWW himself said ]that he hates the Reps as much as the dems, why is 99.9% of his posts attacks on Obama or Dems and getting more ludicrous by the day? </span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">I think that's known as deceit, and in his case, desperately grasping at straws, with pointless, petty, small minded, irrelevant propaganda.

Could be reduced to just three little words, Bah Bah Bah, lol.

Repiglicans may have to figure out new ways to throw another presidential election, so they can get another Supreme Court Presidential Appointment, in 2012, considering the pitiful performance, void of value, displayed by their supposed front runners.

Last week's PAC, was a comedy show, LOL, it looked like a scene from "One Flew Over The Coo Coo's Nest!"
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
....no ideas, no policy solutions, no action at all on their promises, just another attack and bash Obama, fest. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

You and Sofla, have an excellent record here of blowing away the RW BS! Hence, desperate illogical attacks on The Dutch, follows, LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif More Desperation!

Keep up the excellent exposure of desperation, and zaney untruths, friend.

Tap Tap Tap....

G.

pooltchr
02-15-2011, 10:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Bah Bah Bah, lol.

G. </div></div>

That pretty much sums up all of your posts.
Good job!

Steve