PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Writer. No Sympathy for Lara Logans Rape!

Sev
02-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Another insight into the liberal mind.
<span style="color: #990000">Hey Gayle. Its a proud moment for you and your brethren. Your being exposed as truly sick and twisted bunch!!
Good to know what your side really thinks about rape.
</span>
CBS news reporter Lara Logan was treated to an extended gang rape and beating while reporting in Egypt.

Liberal writer and NYU fellow Nir Rosen who tweeted how he felt “no sympathy” for Logan’s horrific ordeal and urged his followers on Twitter to remember what role she has played as a “war monger.”

I love the way the guy tries to couch his responses.

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/259833/appalling-reaction-outrageous-crime

An Appalling Reaction to an Outrageous Crime
February 15, 2011 5:21 P.M.
By Jim Geraghty
Tags: Nir Rosen

The news from CBS about correspondent Lara Logan’s assault in Egypt is awful beyond words.

At a time like this, we all feel helpless. And angry. The perpetrators, anonymous men in an angry mob, may never see justice.

Perhaps we can channel that frustration and anger towards righting a wrong closer to home. To some other outrage… say… the reaction to Logan’s assault from a fellow at the NYU Center for Law and Security, Nir Rosen.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Political/nir20rosen202.png

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Political/nir20rosen201.png

Nir Rosen deleted some of his worst comments about Logan on his Twitter feed, but… it’s the Internet. It’s never gone forever.

I’m sure Rosen will apologize at some point, and perhaps we’ll get some tut-tutting statement from NYU about the need for “civility” and “restraint” and “sensitivity.” Brows will be furrowed. Maybe they’ll hold a seminar about technology and emotional reactions to breaking news events.

But let’s just remember one thing going forward: Nir Rosen believed this was the right moment to let the world know that he “ran out of sympathy for her” and that we should “remember her role as a major war monger” and that we “have to find humor in the small things.”

Your move, NYU.

UPDATE: Nir Rosen has departed Twitter. Your reaction to this development probably depends on whether you think the offense in this circumstance is the ability to broadcast that type of reaction to the crime to the entire Internet, or whether the problem is the reaction itself.

Sev
02-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Where are are our resident lefties on this???

Dont tell me your pro rape when it suits your needs???

pooltchr
02-16-2011, 10:58 AM
The pure hatred they have for conservatives outweighs any sense of decency they might have.

Will our resident feminist speak out against her liberal brother?

I'm not counting on it.

Steve

Sev
02-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Looks like the idiot had the decency to resign.

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:12 PM
She went out dressed like that in an Islamic nation ... the far left's silence seems to imply that they think she had it coming.

LWW

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pure hatred they have for conservatives outweighs any sense of decency they might have.

I'm not counting on it.

Steve </div></div>

My guess is that she is waiting for the regime's new definition of rape.

LWW

Sev
02-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Good point.

Sev
02-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Looks like it was an anti semite inspired attack.

Nice Muslims.

LWW
02-16-2011, 02:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like it was an anti semite inspired attack.

Nice Muslims. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>WHAT!</span>

Muslims don't like Jews?

When did you find this out?

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-16-2011, 03:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are are our resident lefties on this???

Dont tell me your pro rape when it suits your needs??? </div></div>

On the occasions that you are right, there isn't a great need to respond.

Maybe later, when Ann Coulter opines that she is enjoying the fame and therefore liked the sexual assault, there will be a cause to post a complaint.

Soflasnapper
02-16-2011, 03:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pure hatred they have for conservatives outweighs any sense of decency they might have.

I'm not counting on it.

Steve </div></div>

Your comment lacks decency, which is so rare as to be the first time I've seen that from you. I'm a feminist, although probably not the one you had in mind, and I'll join in condemning this man's insensitive and horrible take. Although so far as I've heard described, no rape was involved (sexual assault is what they're calling it). Damnable, regardless.

pooltchr
02-16-2011, 04:36 PM
It doesn't lack decency...it just states a fact.
I have been around here long enough to know that if anyone from FOX news had made the same comment, we would have been flooded with novel length rants denouncing everyone from Bush to Coulter.

I simply wonder why the same thing, when coming from the left, seems to be completely overlooked by the queen bee. She seems to be very selective as to where her "outrage" is directed.

Steve

cushioncrawler
02-16-2011, 04:45 PM
I aint an expert on the Quran. But i am thinking that at a Sharia trial her testimony would be worth 0.5 of a man's.

And, i aint an expert on the The Holey Bible. But i am thinking that at a Vatican trial she would be dead meat. Koz a woman raped in a town, ie where her calls for help kood/would be heard, must be stoned to death, no matter what.
mac.

LWW
02-16-2011, 05:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It doesn't lack decency...it just states a fact.

Steve </div></div>

To the far left that is usually considered indecent.

Context my friend, context.

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-16-2011, 05:43 PM
From Karen J. Greenberg, executive director of NYU's Center on Law and Security (via NRO):

Nir Rosen is always provocative, but he crossed the line yesterday with his comments about Lara Logan. I am deeply distressed by what he wrote about Ms. Logan and strongly denounce his comments. They were cruel and insensitive and completely unacceptable. Mr. Rosen tells me that he misunderstood the severity of the attack on her in Cairo. He has apologized, withdrawn his remarks, and submitted his resignation as a fellow, which I have accepted. However, this in no way compensates for the harm his comments have inflicted. We are all horrified by what happened to Ms. Logan, and our thoughts are with her during this difficult time.

Its a proud moment for you and your brethren. Your being exposed as truly sick and twisted bunch!!

Seriously offensive position, there.

pooltchr
02-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Profs to Greenburg for taking a firm stand.

That's kinda similar to what I was hoping to hear from some posters here....but as I suspected would be the case, or resident feminist has remained strangely silent on the subject.

Steve

Sev
02-16-2011, 08:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are are our resident lefties on this???

Maybe later, when Ann Coulter opines that she is enjoying the fame and therefore liked the sexual assault, there will be a cause to post a complaint. </div></div>

When I am occasionally right????

My dear man. I will have you know I am always right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sev
02-16-2011, 08:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are are our resident lefties on this???

Maybe later, when Ann Coulter opines that she is enjoying the fame and therefore liked the sexual assault, there will be a cause to post a complaint. </div></div>

By the way I didnt know you considered yourself a lefty.

Sev
02-16-2011, 08:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From Karen J. Greenberg, executive director of NYU's Center on Law and Security (via NRO):

Nir Rosen is always provocative, but he crossed the line yesterday with his comments about Lara Logan. I am deeply distressed by what he wrote about Ms. Logan and strongly denounce his comments. They were cruel and insensitive and completely unacceptable. Mr. Rosen tells me that he misunderstood the severity of the attack on her in Cairo. He has apologized, withdrawn his remarks, and submitted his resignation as a fellow, which I have accepted. However, this in no way compensates for the harm his comments have inflicted. We are all horrified by what happened to Ms. Logan, and our thoughts are with her during this difficult time.

Its a proud moment for you and your brethren. Your being exposed as truly sick and twisted bunch!!

Seriously offensive position, there. </div></div>

It was meant to be.
We have individuals on this site that have an ivory tower so far up their arse they resemble a corn dog. They believe the left can do no wrong and everything can be blamed on the right.

Its truly disturbing as any reasonable individual can see that members of both sides are capable of all sorts of stupidity.

Then there is the now reported anti-Semite aspect of the attack even though the woman appears to be not Jewish.
And still not a peep. Which is not surprising considering past comments on this site.

LWW
02-17-2011, 04:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We have individuals on this site that have an ivory tower so far up their arse they resemble a corn dog.
</div></div>

Now ah dun't kare whoo y'all air ... thet thar's funnee.

LWW

Sev
02-17-2011, 08:26 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Soflasnapper
02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are are our resident lefties on this???

By the way I didnt know you considered yourself a lefty. </div></div>

Actually what I said doesn't mean I think I am. I could have been commenting on why that group hasn't chimed in, without identifying myself in that group.

But that quibble aside, of course, however I characterize myself differently, by most other outside standards, I'd agree I'd end up on the left/Libertarian side. (Libertarian is one of the parties I've belonged to over the years, along with Reform, Citizens, etc.)

However, I've been reading and often agreeing with far-right types all my adult life, where the radicals meet going around the corner from each other's 'sides.'

Nearly all conventional takes from whichever side are either explicitly false, or leave out so much of the rest of the story as to be constructively false given the bigger picture.