PDA

View Full Version : Obama is sooooo smart ...

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Obama is so smart he said:

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard."</span>

LWW

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:49 PM

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."</span>

LWW

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:50 PM

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009</span>

LWW

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:51 PM

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system."</span>

LWW

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:51 PM

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, </span>

LWW

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:52 PM

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." </span>

LWW

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:53 PM

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith."</span>

LWW

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:54 PM

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008</span>

LWW

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:55 PM

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change."</span>

LWW

LWW
02-16-2011, 12:56 PM

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today"</span>

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-16-2011, 04:53 PM
<s>But George W</s> No, not going to go there, it's too easy.

<s>But Reagan</s> Ditto.

Several of these occurred during a whirlwind trip through the Middle East, when he told Netanyahu, 'I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up.'

It is hard to imagine a more demanding job than the presidency. That is true in good times or bad times, but probably more so in bad times. Even presidents who kept bankers' hours, who were in bed nightly by 9 pm (see list above), suffered from distractions, and often misspoke. Since everybody misspeaks at one time or another, and people speaking all the time have more chances to do that, simply and obviously misspeaking is no issue that relates to being smart.

Now THIS particular one, the Corpse-Man reference, is a little different, and implies he was not familiar with the word's pronunciation at all. Which may be culturally off, but again, doesn't relate to being smart. When a 'reading' vocabulary exceeds a 'spoken' vocabulary, the speaking of a word that one has only read can easily be off, given how oddly English is pronounced.

pooltchr
02-16-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm sorry it's a stressful job, but nobody made him seek the position.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Or did they?????????????????????

Steve

LWW
02-17-2011, 04:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><s>But George W</s> <s>No, not going to go there, it's too easy.
</s>
<s>But Reagan</s> <s>Ditto.</s>

<s>Several of these occurred during a whirlwind trip through the Middle East, when he told Netanyahu, 'I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up.'

It is hard to imagine a more demanding job than the presidency. That is true in good times or bad times, but probably more so in bad times. Even presidents who kept bankers' hours, who were in bed nightly by 9 pm (see list above), suffered from distractions, and often misspoke. Since everybody misspeaks at one time or another, and people speaking all the time have more chances to do that, simply and obviously misspeaking is no issue that relates to being smart.

Now THIS particular one, the Corpse-Man reference, is a little different, and implies he was not familiar with the word's pronunciation at all. Which may be culturally off, but again, doesn't relate to being smart. When a 'reading' vocabulary exceeds a 'spoken' vocabulary, the speaking of a word that one has only read can easily be off, given how oddly English is pronounced.</s>

I must defend dear leader.

</div></div>

I fixed that for you.

Yes, Reagan and Bush made similar errors ... and yes I believe they were mostly simple errors here as well.

What you haven't, and won't, see however is anything approaching fairness from the left. Misstatements by Bush and Reagan were pronounced as prima facie evidence of idiocy ... whereas with dear leader they are simply ignored and his genius repronounced even louder.

Now ... if you want true ignorance, I can think of four from Saint Albert of Green Acres, Peace Prize be upon him, the Green Pope.

1 - Appearing before the United Negro College Fund he attempted to state their slogan "A mind, it's a terrible thing to waste." and it came out "It's a terrible thing to lose one's mind." ... although he was possibly simply speaking from experience.

2 - Another was at one of the NASA centers when an RC Martian rover had just became operational and Al asked if they could get it to go over to where Neil Armstrong had landed.

3 - Going through the capitol building with reporters and asking if anyone knew who these statues were.

4 - Claiming to have invented the internet.

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-17-2011, 04:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now ... if you want true ignorance, I can think of four from Saint Albert of Green Acres, Peace Prize be upon him, the Green Pope.

1 - Appearing before the United Negro College Fund he attempted to state their slogan "A mind, it's a terrible thing to waste." and it came out "It's a terrible thing to lose one's mind." ... although he was possibly simply speaking from experience.

2 - Another was at one of the NASA centers when an RC Martian rover had just became operational and Al asked if they could get it to go over to where Neil Armstrong had landed.

3 - Going through the capitol building with reporters and asking if anyone knew who these statues were.

4 - Claiming to have invented the internet.

LWW </div></div>

1. That's a Dan Quayle quote.

2. Can't find that one, even in lists of stupid Gore sayings. I suspect it isn't so.

3. No, that was at Monticello. The busts were in all white which obscured their features, and Gore was maybe 20 feet away.

See a clip showing this here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJfigbWbAB0) (about halfway through the 3 minutes)

4. He didn't say that.

I noticed that you listed about ALL the misstatements of Obama, as recorded in some sites. That's nearly the sum total. When it reaches book length, let me know.