PDA

View Full Version : Private Lessons with Grady Mathews

SpiderMan
09-08-2002, 10:40 AM
Well, my long-time friend "Chopstick" in Florida booked Grady for a few hours, so he's flying out to S.C. next weekend with his cue and camera. Says he's going to get his "shortstop disease" fixed. Anybody else gone this route? What should he expect, and how should he prepare?

SpiderMan (someday shortstop, currently third-string waterboy)

Scott Lee
09-08-2002, 10:58 AM
Spiderman...First off, make sure he ASKS Grady if he minds if he tapes their time together. I'm sure Grady won't, but he SHOULD ask first. Then take LOTS of tapes...they are cheap...and a tripod. Also, make sure to have an extension cord, and/or an extra battery, so that if they spend several hours at a crack, he won't run out of juice. Then tape EVERY minute they are together. It will be invaluable when he returns home and starts to review. As far as 'preparing'...nothing to prepare for...just show up, eager to learn. Tell him to tell Grady 'hi' from Scott Lee!

Scott

SpiderMan
09-08-2002, 11:07 AM
Grady's on the ball. He told Chopstick to bring the camera.

SpiderMan

TonyM
09-08-2002, 11:53 AM
I had a two day lesson with Grady some years ago. I'd highly reccomend it to anyone that wants to improve their game. Your friend should bring a notebook, and a friend to take copious and high speed notes! Grady is very generous with a lot of very useful information, but don't try and rely on your memory alone! It comes fast and furious!

Tony