PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Running for President!!

Sev
02-17-2011, 05:48 PM
The presidential candidate field just got interesting.

Herman Cane has just thrown his hat into the ring.

He has been the president of Burger King, CEO of Godfather Pizza and the President of the National Restaurant Association.

He is now radio talk show host of, "The Herman Cain Show", in Atlanta.

Its always a pleasure to hear him speak.

A man with real world experience. As opposed to the current sock puppet and chief.

http://hermancain.com/

Sev
02-17-2011, 07:16 PM
He J.C. Watts would be quite the ticket.

LWW
02-18-2011, 04:46 AM
Unless something horrible crawls out of the closet, I support Herman Cain ... and I think he could win and win big.

LWW

LWW
02-18-2011, 04:47 AM
I imagine our O-cultists are furiously trying to find out who Herman Cain even is.

LWW

Sev
02-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Perhaps we should throw Walter Williams into the mix???

pooltchr
02-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Well, it's a name they might at least recognize.

Steve

llotter
02-18-2011, 11:35 AM
it is interesting that conservative blacks are the least PC of anyone. From Herman Cain to Walter Williams to Ward Connerly to Alan Keyes to Thomas Sowell, they seem to be the only voices that unafraid to speak truth.

cushioncrawler
02-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Iz herman a citizen?????????????????????????????
mac.

Sev
02-18-2011, 03:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it is interesting that conservative blacks are the least PC of anyone. From Herman Cain to Walter Williams to Ward Connerly to Alan Keyes to Thomas Sowell, they seem to be the only voices that unafraid to speak truth. </div></div>

Seems that way.

Lets not forget Bill Cosby. He has gotten hammer pretty hard over the years.

Sev
02-18-2011, 03:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iz herman a citizen?????????????????????????????
mac. </div></div>

He has slave blood and was there for the struggle. Unlike Obama.

pooltchr
02-18-2011, 04:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iz herman a citizen?????????????????????????????
mac. </div></div>

Good question....but no longer important. The rules seem to have changed.

Steve

cushioncrawler
02-18-2011, 04:25 PM
I woz being funny, ie citizen Cain, ie Citizen Kane.
I notice that Herman Mankiewicz woz co-writer.
mac.

Citizen Kane is a 1941 American drama film, directed by and starring Orson Welles. The film is often considered the greatest of all time and is particularly praised for its innovative cinematography, music and narrative structure. Citizen Kane was Welles' first feature film. The film was nominated for Academy Awards in nine categories; it won an Academy Award for Best Writing (Original Screenplay) by Herman Mankiewicz and Welles. It was released by RKO Pictures.

The story is a film clef that examines the life and legacy of Charles Foster Kane, played by Welles, a character based upon the American newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst and Welles' own life. Upon its release, Hearst prohibited mention of the film in any of his newspapers. Kane's career in the publishing world is born of idealistic social service, but gradually evolves into a ruthless pursuit of power. Narrated principally through flashbacks, the story is revealed through the research of a newsreel reporter seeking to solve the mystery of the newspaper magnate's dying word: "Rosebud."

After his success in the theatre with his Mercury Players and his controversial 1938 radio broadcast of War of the Worlds, Welles was courted by Hollywood. He signed a contract with RKO Pictures in 1939. Unusual for an untried director, he was given the freedom to develop his own story and use his own cast and crew, and was given final cut privilege. Following two abortive attempts to get a project off the ground, he developed the screenplay of Citizen Kane with Herman Mankiewicz. Principal photography took place in 1940 and the film received its American release in 1941.

A critical success, Citizen Kane failed to recoup its costs at the box-office. The film faded from view soon after but its reputation was restored, initially by French critics and more widely after its American revival in 1956. There is a semi-official consensus among film critics that Citizen Kane is the greatest film ever made, which has led Roger Ebert to quip: "So it's settled: Citizen Kane is the official greatest film of all time."[2] It topped both the AFI's 100 Years... 100 Movies list and the 10th Anniversary Update, as well as all of the Sight & Sound polls of the 10 greatest films for nearly half a century.

pooltchr
02-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Since I don't claim to be a film critic, I can only offer my non-professional opinion, but I would agree that Citizen Kane would have to be considered among the best films of all time.

Steve

(Oh, yeah...my reply was meant to be tongue-in-cheek)

Steve

JohnnyD
02-18-2011, 05:28 PM
mac. </div></div>Excellent post

JohnnyD
02-18-2011, 05:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I woz being funny, ie citizen Cain, ie Citizen Kane.
I notice that Herman Mankiewicz woz co-writer.
mac.

Citizen Kane is a 1941 American drama film, directed by and starring Orson Welles. The film is often considered the greatest of all time and is particularly praised for its innovative cinematography, music and narrative structure. Citizen Kane was Welles' first feature film. The film was nominated for Academy Awards in nine categories; it won an Academy Award for Best Writing (Original Screenplay) by Herman Mankiewicz and Welles. It was released by RKO Pictures.

The story is a film clef that examines the life and legacy of Charles Foster Kane, played by Welles, a character based upon the American newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst and Welles' own life. Upon its release, Hearst prohibited mention of the film in any of his newspapers. Kane's career in the publishing world is born of idealistic social service, but gradually evolves into a ruthless pursuit of power. Narrated principally through flashbacks, the story is revealed through the research of a newsreel reporter seeking to solve the mystery of the newspaper magnate's dying word: "Rosebud."

After his success in the theatre with his Mercury Players and his controversial 1938 radio broadcast of War of the Worlds, Welles was courted by Hollywood. He signed a contract with RKO Pictures in 1939. Unusual for an untried director, he was given the freedom to develop his own story and use his own cast and crew, and was given final cut privilege. Following two abortive attempts to get a project off the ground, he developed the screenplay of Citizen Kane with Herman Mankiewicz. Principal photography took place in 1940 and the film received its American release in 1941.

A critical success, Citizen Kane failed to recoup its costs at the box-office. The film faded from view soon after but its reputation was restored, initially by French critics and more widely after its American revival in 1956. There is a semi-official consensus among film critics that Citizen Kane is the greatest film ever made, which has led Roger Ebert to quip: "So it's settled: Citizen Kane is the official greatest film of all time."[2] It topped both the AFI's 100 Years... 100 Movies list and the 10th Anniversary Update, as well as all of the Sight & Sound polls of the 10 greatest films for nearly half a century.

</div></div>Excellent post

LWW
02-19-2011, 04:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it is interesting that conservative blacks are the least PC of anyone. From Herman Cain to Walter Williams to Ward Connerly to Alan Keyes to Thomas Sowell, they seem to be the only voices that unafraid to speak truth. </div></div>

They take away the race card from the democrooks ... who have so little else on their side.

LWW

LWW
02-19-2011, 04:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iz herman a citizen?????????????????????????????
mac. </div></div>

Good question....but no longer important. The rules seem to have changed.

Steve </div></div>

I wonder if Biden keeps screwing up, maybe either Hosni Mubarak (D) Egypt or Moammar Gadaffyyduck (D) Libya might replace him on the ticket?

LWW

LWW
02-19-2011, 04:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iz herman a citizen?????????????????????????????
mac. </div></div>

He has slave blood and was there for the struggle. Unlike Obama. </div></div>

I have more slave blood than dear leader.

I'm also considering running again.

LWW

Sev
02-19-2011, 10:49 AM
I remember well the campaign.

LWW
02-19-2011, 11:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember well the campaign. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Obama and McCain were both too cowardly to debate me!</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The polls clearly showed me in the lead by a wide margin!</span>

LWW

llotter
02-21-2011, 03:57 PM
You have my vote.

LWW
02-21-2011, 05:15 PM
I will be making a decision soon.

LWW

LWW
10-07-2011, 10:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In news sure to inject shock and awe into the Republican political primary season, a Zogby poll released Thursday showed <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Herman Cain leading the Republican field, topping former front-runner Mitt Romney by an astonishing 20 points. Cain would also narrowly edge out Obama in a general election, the poll found, by a 46-44 margin.</span> </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>OH DEAR! (http://news.yahoo.com/poll-cain-surges-opens-20-point-lead-romney-132015440.html)</span>

Sev
10-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Its going to get interesting in the near term.