PDA

View Full Version : how about some midwest nineball tour results?

mike_in_iowa
09-08-2002, 11:59 AM
sure wish chris or heidi would bring their computer with them when they goto all of there tourneys this fall so I can find out what happens. My wife keeps me locked up on weekends.

Karatemom
09-08-2002, 04:20 PM
Sorry, Mike. No results here. We were not able to go to Collinsville this weekend due to Chris' back. Right now, his health is more important than pool, at least to me, not to him, LOL. Karla went though, I believe, so she should know what went on.

Heide

09-08-2002, 10:52 PM
Mike,

When I left, Chad Vilmont was playing Dave(?) Walton for the winners bracket. Jesse Bowman was waiting for the loser. There were right around 40 men is all, very disappointing IMO... and only 9 women. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif Julia Gabriel won, I got 2nd and Pam Bell finished 3rd. I want to say some things about the pool room, but I'm too tired right now. More tomorrow!

Karla

Karatemom
09-09-2002, 05:29 AM
Congrats again, Karla, on a great finish!

Evelyn said that it was a sports bar, not a pool room, and there weren't a whole lot of tables. The men had to play on 7' and the women on 9'. I can't believe only 9 women showed up for this one.

Glad to see that you did well again.

Heide

09-09-2002, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the congrats, Heide! My goal was to beat Pam Bell, who has had my number in the last three matches we played. But this time I got her. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I was just assuming that beating Pam would mean winning the tournament... I wasn't counting on Julia Gabriel being there, though!

I was looking for you two, sorry you couldn't make it!

Okay, about Sharky's. Overall, it's a nice room. Large and comfortable (but very warm!) and the 9' tables played good for the most part, although a couple of them were in need of some minor repairs. The food is very good, you couldn't beat the prices, and the food service was quick. The waitresses also did a pretty good job. However, service at the bar was so bad that it overshadowed a lot of the good things about the place. I won't go into details, but I just want to say that those people need some customer service training.. badly.

There were some very notable young people who played in this tournament. Chelsea and Allison Hardwick (I think that's their last name) both played against the women. Chelsea is 10 and Allison is at least a year or two older. Both played very well and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them in the future. And then there's 14 yr. old Justin, who finished very high (4th, I think). Wow, what a player! I just hope he finishes high school.

It's disappointing to travel six hours to play in a nine player field. I wish more women would come and play. *sigh*

I lost my flyer for the Leisure Time 8ball tour, if anyone has that information I would appreciate it.

Karla